UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Okay, here's the thread that I'm hoping a mod will paste to the top of the page. If not, we'll just bump it. It's for all news on the aforementioned players relating to their high school seasons.

:::::::

So last week Crystal Dangerfield's season got underway with an 11-assist performance. Tonight (11/25) she had 14 assists to go along with 20 points on 10-12 shooting.

Dangerfield scored 20 points on 10 of 12 shooting, much of it on drives to the basket and short jump shots in transition. She had 14 assists.

Dangerfield knows there might be an anti-UConn sentiment around.

"My mom just told me not to react, just to go out there and have fun playing," she said.

She didn't have much problem Tuesday.

"Not negative, just from the student section, and then this man walking out at halftime said something, but nothing really bad," Dangerfield said.

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/prep...go-boost-in-30point-loss-to-blackman_22668491

Katie Lou Samuelson's Mater Dei began their season tonight. KLS had 26 points by halftime and finished with 30 for the game.

Reaction Score
Okay, here's the thread that I'm hoping a mod will paste to the top of the page. If not, we'll just bump it. It's for all news on the aforementioned players relating to their high school seasons.

:::::::

So last week Crystal Dangerfield's season got underway with an 11-assist performance. Tonight (11/25) she had 14 assists to go along with 20 points on 10-12 shooting.

Dangerfield scored 20 points on 10 of 12 shooting, much of it on drives to the basket and short jump shots in transition. She had 14 assists.

Dangerfield knows there might be an anti-UConn sentiment around.

"My mom just told me not to react, just to go out there and have fun playing," she said.

She didn't have much problem Tuesday.

"Not negative, just from the student section, and then this man walking out at halftime said something, but nothing really bad," Dangerfield said.

http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/prep...go-boost-in-30point-loss-to-blackman_22668491

Katie Lou Samuelson's Mater Dei began their season tonight. KLS had 26 points by halftime and finished with 30 for the game.
Nice report Slu, thanks.

Reaction Score
SLU - more good stuff, and it is appreciated here. Both very impressive performances, to put it mildly. Dangerfield and Samuelson in one game probably broke my CAREER totals for assists and points respectively. :oops:

Really nice to be able to keep tabs on our recruits. Keep it coming, please.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
What Doc said. I too hope that the mods will pin it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So sad that adults will have something negative to say to a 16 year old girl for choosing her dream school. I'm quite sure the fan who mouthed off has no idea what went into Crystal's decision, and the whole "mile in her shoes" adage is appropriate. Even still, boo on him/her!

Reaction Score
ericsandiego said:
So sad that adults will have something negative to say to a 16 year old girl for choosing her dream school. I'm quite sure the fan who mouthed off has no idea what went into Crystal's decision, and the whole "mile in her shoes" adage is appropriate. Even still, boo on him/her!

Many adults are more immature than kids these days. It truly is sad

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
ericsandiego said:

Eric I had to read that twice because I thought I misread. Just can't believe an adult would say that to a kid.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
KLS followed her 30-pt performance yesterday with a 33-point outburst tonight in another blowout win for Mater Dei. I doubt she played the 4th as there was a running clock. Mater Dei will be in the championship game of their tournament either tomorrow or Friday.

Here is a Tweet from the Palisades boys coach who was on hand:

Kris Johnson ‏@PointForwardPro Katie Lou Samuelson is the deal, tonight watched her handle, pass, post and knock down deep 3's.

https://twitter.com/PointForwardPro/status/537831907140988929

Reaction Score
Eric I had to read that twice because I thought I misread. Just can't believe an adult would say that to a kid.
I've seen much worse than this. The silver lining is that it will toughen the kid and increase her resolve when she gets here.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
KLS followed her 30-pt performance yesterday with a 33-point outburst tonight in another blowout win for Mater Dei. I doubt she played the 4th as there was a running clock. Mater Dei will be in the championship game of their tournament either tomorrow or Friday.

Here is a Tweet from the Palisades boys coach who was on hand:

Kris Johnson ‏@PointForwardPro Katie Lou Samuelson is the deal, tonight watched her handle, pass, post and knock down deep 3's.

https://twitter.com/PointForwardPro/status/537831907140988929
Mater Dei, led by KLS, has two games left in this tournament. A semifinal game on Friday Night and most likely a championship game on Saturday night. Both games are scheduled for 8.30pm PST

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mater Dei, led by KLS, has two games left in this tournament. A semifinal game on Friday Night and most likely a championship game on Saturday night. Both games are scheduled for 8.30pm PST

Thanks for that.

Turns out Lou had 9 assists and 5 steals in the first game of the year according to Jim Fuller.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
10525936_10203193308298652_7128308821108117079_n.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Behind 32 points from Samuelson on Friday Mater Dei reached the Palisades final.

Crystal Dangerfield's #1 ranked Blackman suffered a rare loss despite her 21 points.

Much of the reason for Blackman's loss was due to 2017 super prospect Rellah Boothe who had 37 points and 22 rebounds. She is a player UConn needs to be in on.

Reaction Score
Behind 32 points from Samuelson on Friday Mater Dei reached the Palisades final.

Crystal Dangerfield's #1 ranked Blackman suffered a rare loss despite her 21 points.

Much of the reason for Blackman's loss was due to 2017 super prospect Rellah Boothe who had 37 points and 22 rebounds. She is a player UConn needs to be in on.

In an interview when asked what she (Rellah Boothe) would be looking for in a college, even though it's early in her recruitment process (2017), she responded "I want a great coach... someone who could make me the best I could be"

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Nice bruise on her left thigh. Almost looks like a racquetball bruise you get when you are smacked with the ball. I will have to ask her about it next week when I see her play.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Saturday Nov 29th:

KLS scored 27 points in Mater Dei's loss in the Palisades title game.

Crystal Dangerfield poured in 25 points for Blackman.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
KLS scored 23 points last night in a Mater Dei game. She didnt play the 4th quarter and only played about 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter. The final score was around 75-35.
She looks taller to me than the last time I saw her play. I am going to say 6'3.5" or maybe 6'4". I don't think not having an accurate height matters on the Boneyard, or does it?
I will see KLS play again on Saturday night.
On a side note, many of the players on the losing team asked to take pictures with Lou after the game was over. Lou took solo pictures and group shots with anyone that asked.

Reaction Score
KLS scored 23 points last night in a Mater Dei game. She didnt play the 4th quarter and only played about 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter. The final score was around 75-35.
She looks taller to me than the last time I saw her play. I am going to say 6'3.5" or maybe 6'4". I don't think not having an accurate height matters on the Boneyard, or does it?
I will see KLS play again on Saturday night.
On a side note, many of the players on the losing team asked to take pictures with Lou after the game was over. Lou took solo pictures and group shots with anyone that asked.

OCHOOP: Sounds like you were there in person. If so, would you give us any additional detail on what you saw to be pluses and minuses in her play last night? Anything on the teammate that is headed to UCLA? Thank you - I think a lot of us will look forward to your observations this Saturday also. Thank you again. You can see I'm beggin' ya for some details.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info OC. Didn't think they'd play again so soon.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star writeups on the recent Tennessee Turkey Jam. I'm including Ms. Boothe as well as reported UConn target Kushkituah.

While Blackman may have taken one on the chin from Potters House Friday night, Crystal Dangerfield’s effort the next evening reminded everyone why she is UConn bound and one of the premier point guards in the country. Few players have the ability to create their own looks both off penetration as well as from the perimeter. Her diminutive 5-5 stature is negated by speed and quickness that would challenge most opponents already suiting up at the next level. What truly keeps defenders honest is the smooth stroke and effortless range on her jumper. Any conservative closeout comes with a price tag and overplaying is simply an invitation to be embarrassed. Dangerfield has become more and more inclined to develop and improve the opportunities of her teammates over the years and has now reached the ultimate level of making those around her better. Her reads and anticipation both on the break and off penetration are instinctive and lead to clean looks for her teammates who, despite the stumble out of the gate, are primed to remain among the nation’s elite when March rolls around.

No player created a bigger buzz among the college coaches, media and evaluators than Potters House (Florida) sophomore Rellah Boothe. Physically mature and strong while standing 6-2, Boothe was dominant in almost every aspect of the game at times. On the catch down low the left hander is powerfully methodical. There’s nothing “flashy” to her attack but the explosiveness with which she gets off the floor is generally reserved for the upper echelon of the next level. I wouldn’t begin to call her “college ready”, the depth to her skill set needs to be expanded and she’ll need to read and counter much more efficiently as she faces better competition. The ability to step out is there and her duo of three pointers was instrumental during a stretch in PHCA’s win over Blackman. The ballhandling has its moments and allowed her to take it herself a couple of times when the outlets were denied but her future appears to be on the receiving end of entry passes rather than trying to create them. Defensively she’s part of the Potters House renowned attack but she and her teammates struggled after the Friday night win splitting their last two games both of which were single possession contests. Boothe legitimately has all the tools to be as good as she wants to be. At the same time she’s still young and will have to grow both in the tangible and intangible aspects of the game to step up on the big stage.

Kasiyahna Kushkituah made some impressions on those who hadn’t seen her in action before. Another component of the St. Francis (Georgia) sizable front line, Kushkituah is an impact player on both the offensive and defensive ends of the floor. A legitimate 6-3 with the reach of someone even taller, she makes her presence felt time and again. Defensively she’s quick on her feet and has impressive timing both in rotations and blocking shots. Her vision from the weakside is sharp for a high school player which puts her in a position to effectively back up pressuring perimeter teammates. Offensively her game is a work in progress but she posts strong and has some moves in place that get her good looks at the rim. Consistency will have to come in her ability to finish and she’ll need to develop a power aspect to her low post attack as time goes by.

http://www.bluestarmedia.co/index.php/component/k2/item/1077-tennessee-turkey-jamm-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom