UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield scored just 6 points in a 58-24 win for Blackman Tuesday.

Yes...on the surface that mean something...but, it begs the questions...how many minutes did she play? How many assists / steals / turnovers did she get? What was her shooting percentage? Sometimes players contribute in other valuable ways besides scoring points.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
De'Janae Boykin attended the ECU game today (Dec 31):

She’s off to a solid start for her C.H. Flowers High team, but is playing in pain. She had a brace on her right wrist Wednesday.

“The season is going well, in conference play we’re undefeated,” Boykin said. “Me? My right wrist is sprained but it’s fine. I don’t think about it when I have to dive on the floor for a loose ball. It hurts a little when I shoot, but I’m fine. I’m just going to do whatever I can to help my team out. I’ve had to rely on my left hand a lot more than my right and maybe that will help me in the future.”

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/after-memorable-2014-boykin-looks-ahead/

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Did DJB miss a game this week? I think I saw a box in the WaPo that didn't list her. Flowers led 31-18 at the half and lost by 4.

Yeah, she shot some FTs left-handed when I saw her. Both missed rather badly.

Reaction Score
What about adding Andra Espinoza-Hunter stats and to see how's she's doing now that she's a Uconn Huskie

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What about adding Andra Espinoza-Hunter stats and to see how's she's doing now that she's a Uconn Huskie

I have looked and can't find any stats or really any news on Hunter. It was hard to find updates or stats on Sadie Edwards when she was at Blair too. I'm sure if anyone stumbles across news they'll post it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One thing I read on her, and i can't find the link, came from Hoopgurlz. AT one point they had her in their top 5 but she performed poorly for an extended period of time and they dropped her from their top 25. Possibly it had to do with her changing schools, etc, i'm not sure, but that's what I read. But that doesn't answer your question on stats. I'm sure some will turn up sooner or later since she's playing games!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Napheesa Collier had a huge game again Saturday (1/3) and provided a few laughs as well.

33 points, 17 rebounds, 7 blocks; complete stats will be up later

Napheesa Collier is not perfect.

Even the mult-talented Incarnate Word Academy senior can make a mistake now and then.

Collier tossed up an air-ball midway through the fourth quarter of the Red Knights' 45-34 win over Lee Summit West on Saturday afternoon

The University of Connecticut signee is used to big performances. However, she is not used to throwing up an air ball.

The missed shot, which came with 4 minutes, 51 seconds left in the fourth period and the game well in hand, brought some comic relief among her teammates.

As the ball sailed helplessly out of bounds under the basket, Collier flashed a stunned look toward her bench.

"She just said, "oops," and we kind of laughed," junior forward Abbey Hoff said.

Actually, there was a method to Collier's bombs-away effort.

"I saw one of their girls coming at me and I was sure she was going to foul me," Collier recalled. "So, I just threw it up there, but she went by and didn't touch me.

The embarrassing part was that it missed by so much."

The miss was about the lone mistake Collier made on the afternoon. She hit on 10 of 12 shots and helped key a defense that threw a blanket over the high-scoring Titans. Lee's Summit made just two field goals in each of the first and third quarters.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high...cle_29ac87b0-93a5-11e4-b922-cbc0315c8a6a.html

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Collier was the MVP and it was an easy pick.

“I think she averaged 33 points a game. We don’t have the same group of kids as in the past,” Rolfes said. “She’s a senior and she’s a leader for us.

“She’s just a tremendous player. She’s a big time player. She’s the best kid St. Louis has ever had. If people haven’t seen here they need to go out and see here. She’s something special.”

http://westnewsmagazine.com/2015/01...eady-for-second-part-of-its-basketball-season

Reaction Score
Was it ever decided how to add Andra to the Thread? Last I heard we were hung up on her nickname.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Napheesa is "the best kid St. Louis has ever had."

People across the country will get to see her next year and thereafter. And they will wonder, "Where does Geno get these kids?"

HGN

Reaction Score
Boykin Injured.........According to recent local reports ( Jan/6/ 2015) , De'Janae Boykin has missed the last 2 games of her season with an injured shooting hand. She has also been nursing recurring ankle and knee ailments.... Her coach does expect her back in the near term.

No report on the extent of the injury to her shooting hand.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Boykin Injured....According to recent local reports ( Jan/6/ 2015) , De'Janae Boykin has missed the last 2 games of her season with an injured shooting hand. She has also been nursing recurring ankle and knee ailments.... Her coach does expect her back in the near term.

No report on the extent of the injury to her shooting hand.
Thanks. We knew she had a sprained wrist, which is probably the hand injury, and had missed 2 or more games. I did not know about the leg issues. I'll go watch her when she's back.

HGN

Reaction Score
Thanks. We knew she had a sprained wrist, which is probably the hand injury, and had missed 2 or more games. I did not know about the leg issues. I'll go watch her when she's back.
Milford, I don't tkink she has ever rested and healed from the summer. I just hope she gets some down time after the season before heading off to Storrs for summer school. a good player but could be just wearing down from all the balling.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Rest is important. Look at Maya Moore playing a shorter season in China, Sue skipping the Euroleague, etc.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Crystal Dangerfield scored 17 on Tuesday (1/6) in a 65-42 win for Blackman.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word won 63-25 Wednesday night.

In less than 3 quarters of play, Napheesa Collier scored 29 points and had 14 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 steals, and 2 blocks. She hit 13-16 FG's and 3-4 FT's.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Incarnate Word won 63-25 Wednesday night.

In less than 3 quarters of play, Napheesa Collier scored 29 points and had 14 rebounds, 7 assists, 5 steals, and 2 blocks. She hit 13-16 FG's and 3-4 FT's.
Out-scoring the opposition again! And shooting better than 75%, just like Mirgan and Moriah.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Couple of updates from recent games:

Napheesa Collier had 27 points, 13 boards, 5 blocks, and 3 steals last Thurday. She shot an unlike-her 10-21 from the floor, but 2-3 from three, and 5-6 from the line.

Katie Lou Samuelson had 27 points last Thursday and on Saturday had 27 points, 11 rebounds, and 5 steals.

Marcelo Enriquez said Samuelson is one of the best players he has ever seen at the high school level.

"She shoots so well. She gets the ball off so quick."

http://tbrnews.com/sports/sea-hawks...cle_a5206858-994f-11e4-8282-8b68c068b354.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger