UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent) | Page 26 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (KLS, Collier, Boykin, Crystal-D, Irwin, AEH, Bent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Running clock gonna make the 4th a quick one. 3rd straight state title for Incarnate, all since Collier transferred.

BTW, Collier just made a pretty drive to reach 30.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
And yet she says that Geno wants to play her in the backcourt. I can see wing, but not SG.

Yeah, she can handle the ball out high, pass, etc, but her biggest strengths lie within 15 feet.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
60-27 is the final. Collier finished with 30 points, 19 rebounds (10 offensive), and 5 assists, most of that over the first 2+ quarters. She shot 13-16 and 4-5.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
60-27 is the final. Collier finished with 30 points, 19 rebounds (10 offensive), and 5 assists, most of that over the first 2+ quarters. She shot 13-16 and 4-5.
I want her on my team! Oh, wait, in October, she will be! Yay! :) :) :)

Reaction Score
Stream is working just fine.

Note: Chino Hills boys playing now with 5 minutes left. That's the HS that DT attended.

Reaction Score
Congratulations to Katie Lou !!! Mater Dei beat Chaminade (who beat them twice already this year) 48-44 with Lou making huge free throws with time running out. Lou had 18 points, 9 rebounds and had a bad shooting game for her, her worst this year according to the announcers. But she was hurting, injured leg and late in the game hurt her shoulder crashing down hard to the floor, but she came through. Made a HUGE 3 to tie the game at 44-44 with the game clock running out, and then made the free throws to clinch the win. Mater Dei is now in the championship game next weekend vs St. Mary. Lou is one tough, clutch kid. Wow!

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
When Rolfes declared after the game that Collier was undoubtedly the best player in St. Louis girls basketball history, the senior responded by looking forward rather than back at the career that had netted her three straight titles.

“Obviously, it makes me feel good, but I’m going to one of the best schools, so it doesn’t go to my head,” Collier said. “I know that everybody is going to be just like me up there, so it makes me want to work harder so people can say that later, too.”

And Rolfes followed up: “That’s why everybody loves Napheesa.”

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sluconn - thanks - those are impressive stats. HS basketball because of inconsistent levels of competition and sparse talent always inflates stats, but I love the efficiency of her game and the breadth of the stat stuffing.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sluconn - thanks - those are impressive stats. HS basketball because of inconsistent levels of competition and sparse talent always inflates stats, but I love the efficiency of her game and the breadth of the stat stuffing.
Indeed!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Some highlight of KLS's from the game against Long Beach Poly on the 17th courtesy of being named a Krossover top performer of the year.

Just the first 30 seconds.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sluconn - wasn't paying close attention to the video so was shocked when I looked up and saw Lou drive in for the dunk!!! :eek::rolleyes::cool::)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lots of Geno quotes on Napheesa Collier:

"When you watch her play, you are amazed that she plays both ends of the floor equally hard. It is not some kids I see in high school, they do play both ends of the floor. You heard me say when they are on offense on this end, they play offense and when they are on offense on that end, they play that end but rarely at the same time. She is one of those few kids who competes and competes really hard on both ends of the floor."

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2015/03/uconns-auriemma-thrilled-to-see-recruit.html

Also, Geno speaks very highly of Incarnate Word's head coach. I mentioned the other day that IW plays as similarly to a UConn style as any HS team I've seen. He might be an option down the road for UConn after Geno retires.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Katie Lou is all over the map.
Saturday in Long Beach, Ca. wins game vs Chaminade
Sunday and Monday in Palo Alto, Ca. gets to watch older sister Bonnie help Stanford beat Oklahoma
Tuesday in Atlanta, Ga. to accept Naismith Award from Atlanta Tipoff Club.
Lou.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Katie Lou is all over the map.
Saturday in Long Beach, Ca. wins game vs Chaminade
Sunday and Monday in Palo Alto, Ca. gets to watch older sister Bonnie help Stanford beat Oklahoma
Tuesday in Atlanta, Ga. to accept Naismith Award from Atlanta Tipoff Club. View attachment 8867
Big trophy. I wonder if the ATC is compensating for something?

Reaction Score
Another KLS highlight package:

What an amazingly quick release on her shot, particularly from 3 point range! With the balance on the team next year I don't know how anyone is going to be able to stop her. She appears to be an excellent passer so double teams and triple teams on her will be disastrous because that'll leave someone wide open for easy shots. It's a pick your poison situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom