UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (AEH, Gordon, Coombs, Others) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (AEH, Gordon, Coombs, Others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bob Corwin on last week's showcase that included Blair Academy. Notes on Honesty Scott-Grayson and others too in the link.

Andra Espinoza-Hunter, 6-0, shooting guard/forward, Blair Academy (Blairstown, New Jersey)

Espinoza-Hunter showed observers in DC why she is worthy of being a Connecticut recruit (having made an oral commitment). In two viewing (her team split), she posted 25 and 30 points showing a strong drive, mid-range stroke, and three-point range. The knock on her game from the club ball season has been inconsistency in posting strong game to game results. This was not seen here!

http://www.swishappeal.com/2015/12/...iyeotan-top-players-showout-she-got-game-2015

Reaction Score
I watched Molly Bent play again tonight in the second round of the Nickerson Super A Tournament at Noble&Greenough against a very talented Tilton School team. She was far and away the best player on the floor in a 10 point Tabor win. I wasn't keeping track but I'd estimate she was around 18-24 points, 10-12 assists, and 8-10 rebounds. It was both teams second game of the day and she was all over the court. She played about 30 of the 32 minute game (1 quick break mid-way through the 1st half). As the game went on, she got better and better, sprinting up and down the floor on the fast break and on transition defense. In my opinion, if she were at UConn right now she'd be one of the best conditioned players on the team. Afterwards, I watched the other semifinal game (Nobles vs New Hampton) and I'm hoping to be able to get to the tournament championship game tomorrow afternoon. If so, I'll try and post another mini recap here tomorrow. A true testament of her as a player showed with about 30 seconds left in the game, already up by 8 or 9 points and the game pretty much in hand, she missed a baseline jumper and the rebound went to the other side of the basket. She sprinted back to catch up to the opposing guard and at about half court had a full extension dive giving up her body and tipped the ball out of the Tilton player's dribble to one of her teammates.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I see they listed Ricky Woltman from Incarnate Word Academy in St. Louis, Napheesa's former school. As a freshman, she is on the ESPN watch list. I'll be going to see her play in a holiday tournament next week. Incarnate has arguably the best coach in St. Louis regardless of level. (high school or college)

Reaction Score
Tabor Academy beat Nobles today by 12 in the championship game of the Nickerson Tournament. Molly had another great game and was named tournament MVP. I don't think they come back to Nobles at all for the rest of the year so this is probably the last time I'll be able to see her play until next year at UConn and I'm very excited to watch her for the next 4 years.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Saturday (12/19)

Crystal Dangerfield scored 25 points for Blackman.

Andra Espinosa-Hunter had 17 points for Blair Academy.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I watched Molly Bent play again tonight in the second round of the Nickerson Super A Tournament at Noble&Greenough against a very talented Tilton School team. She was far and away the best player on the floor in a 10 point Tabor win. I wasn't keeping track but I'd estimate she was around 18-24 points, 10-12 assists, and 8-10 rebounds. It was both teams second game of the day and she was all over the court. She played about 30 of the 32 minute game (1 quick break mid-way through the 1st half). As the game went on, she got better and better, sprinting up and down the floor on the fast break and on transition defense. In my opinion, if she were at UConn right now she'd be one of the best conditioned players on the team. Afterwards, I watched the other semifinal game (Nobles vs New Hampton) and I'm hoping to be able to get to the tournament championship game tomorrow afternoon. If so, I'll try and post another mini recap here tomorrow. A true testament of her as a player showed with about 30 seconds left in the game, already up by 8 or 9 points and the game pretty much in hand, she missed a baseline jumper and the rebound went to the other side of the basket. She sprinted back to catch up to the opposing guard and at about half court had a full extension dive giving up her body and tipped the ball out of the Tilton player's dribble to one of her teammates.
So I guess your conclusion from this observation is that when she shows up in Storrs next summer, the headlines will NOT say, "Bent Out of Shape"?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Dangerfield had 20 points and 7 assists on Sunday (12/20) in another Blackman victory.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Premiere Basketball marks Andra Espinoza-Hunter as a standout of the 'She Got Game Classic' earlier this month.

2017 Andra Espinoza-Hunter of Blair Academy (NJ) is already committed to UCONN. Espinoza-Hunter proved why she is so highly thought of during the tournament. Her size and skill make her a matchup nightmare and her all-out mentality sets her apart. Espinoza-Hunter can do it all from hitting the three with ease, slashing to the bucket and finishing through contact, to posting up smaller players and using her array of post moves. She is a terrific ball handler as well. She works extremely hard on the defensive end and is a strong rebounder from the wing position. Espinoza-Hunter’s versatility and grit on both ends of the floor will serve UCONN well.

http://premierbasketballreport.com/news/she-got-game-classic

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tabor Academy beat Nobles today by 12 in the championship game of the Nickerson Tournament. Molly had another great game and was named tournament MVP. I don't think they come back to Nobles at all for the rest of the year so this is probably the last time I'll be able to see her play until next year at UConn and I'm very excited to watch her for the next 4 years.

Thank you for your reports on Molly's games.

What are your thoughts on Molly's teammate, Araion Bradshaw, who is headed to South Carolina next year?

Reaction Score
Thank you for your reports on Molly's games.

What are your thoughts on Molly's teammate, Araion Bradshaw, who is headed to South Carolina next year?

She sort of reminds me a bit of Gabby Williams in that her pure athleticism is remarkable. Their were plays last week that you would have to just shake your head because their just aren't many girls who can do what she does based on simply how fast and strong she is. For that reason, her potential is just off the charts. But there were periods of time that she was invisible on the court and didn't do anything. Also, too many turnovers for my liking and some badly missed jump shots and layups. She had a decent tournament last week and was the only other Tabor player on the all-tournament team with Molly, who was the MVP.
I was also very impressed with the Tabor center, Shannon Ryan is her name. She's about 6'4-6'5 I would say (no heights listed on the roster sheet) and had a soft touch around the basket and was a capable free throw shooter. Also had double digit rebounds in most of the games I saw. In the tournament championship game, she was matched up against Amaya Finklea-Guity, the #47 player in the ESPN Super 60 2017 rankings and Shannon outplayed her. I think she is going to have a very good career at Boston College.

Reaction Score
Thanks Slu - I appreciate the time you take to put this info up for the BY. I know the highlights are against HS competition, but the speed, smoothness, awareness, and BBIQ looks pretty good to me. Oh yea, I forgot -- Danger did play with Collier, and other AA who are now in college (Wilson is a soph) and Danger's number were very good in that world competition.
I feel more secure about next year. Nurse, Chong, and even Ek will be fighting for the starting PG position, but Danger will be lurking over their shoulder ready to step in. Merry Christmas.

Reaction Score
Thanks Slu - I appreciate the time you take to put this info up for the BY. I know the highlights are against HS competition, but the speed, smoothness, awareness, and BBIQ looks pretty good to me. Oh yea, I forgot -- Danger did play with Collier, and other AA who are now in college (Wilson is a soph) and Danger's number were very good in that world competition.
I feel more secure about next year. Nurse, Chong, and even Ek will be fighting for the starting PG position, but Danger will be lurking over their shoulder ready to step in. Merry Christmas.

I gree. Not only did she play great at the U-19 world championship, but she got most of the important minutes. I thought she was the most important player behind Wilson and Collier that beat a great Russian team on its home court to win the tournament.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blackman played two games on Monday (12/28)

In the first Crystal Dangerfield scored 10 points in a 64-37 win. She scored 22 in a 51-39 win in the nightcap.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sluconn - keep up the great work. Love getting these updates.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Wed 12/30

Blackman lost badly in the Sandra Meadows Classic although Dangerfield scored 20 points.

Super soph Zarielle Green had 28 points for victor Duncanville.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Another huge night for Kyla Irwin on Wednesday (12/30) as her Lady Lions won their Kiwanis Holiday tourney. Kyla had 28 points and 12 rebounds.

She surpassed 1000 rebounds for her career and needs 16 points to become the school's all-time leading scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom