UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (AEH, Gordon, Coombs, Others) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (AEH, Gordon, Coombs, Others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The reason I have doubts about Chong being the starter all season is because of the fact that she has a standing reservation in Geno's "Dog house" (like Stokes did). I just get the feeling that Geno will have Chong on a short leash, and will not hesitate to pull her if she makes a lot of mistakes, or is unable to play consistent defense at a level he desires.
I fear you are right.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Carnac, Milford, HGN, et al. -
PLEASE - start a separate thread to discuss next years team alignment and how the signees may fare. This thread really is for news about the signees and any verbal recruits and not about current players strengths weakness whatever or about how the recruits and current players will shake out.

People come to this thread specifically for news on the recruits.

Your post are all interesting but way off topic. As soon as you start to type a current players name you are probably posting on the wrong thread! :eek::)

Thanks

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
An end of the season article on Molly Bent:

Bent graduates from Tabor Academy on May 30. The following day, she will be at UConn for classes and a five-week program with the Huskies basketball team, working out with members of the current team and other incoming freshmen.

Bent is currently on a two-week break from Tabor and plans to continue working out on her own and practicing with her AAU team, the Rhode Island Breakers, in preparation for the next chapter in her life.

“Once I get there I know I have to be in tip-top shape and be ready to compete with the players that have been there a few years,” Bent said. “I don’t really have any time to rest, which is good. I like it that way.”

http://www.capecodtimes.com/article/20160314/SPORTS/160319689

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
From the Bent article, an observation from Geno and he doesn't exactly sprinkle these things around:

"As much as her skill level, I love how much she loves the game and it shows every time she steps on the court. She fills up the stat sheet in every area, I just think she is going to be great here."

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lexi Gordon participated in the She's Ballin Showcase in Texas last week. Here's a report followed by a video with a few clips of her in action.

Lexi Gordon (Fort Worth, Texas), LD Bell – 2017

The recent Connecticut commit has a calmness about her game and the expectations that have come with her national ranking and her high profile verbal haven’t changed that. She’s an elite shot maker and in a setting like this, with defenses unable to scout, her ability to punish the defense for mistakes, like sloppy closeouts or going under ball screens, demonstrated why she is one of the best in the country. The sports cliché of the game slowing down for players seems to be dead on with Gordon.

http://prospectsnation.com/story/shesballin-showcase-upperclass

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lexi shows a nice left-handed dribble and scoop layup in traffic and a nice jumper. "Elite shot maker"!!!!!

So, there's a prepster in Texas named Makayla Mabry. Will she get confused with Michaela Mabrey?

Reaction Score
Lexi shows a nice left-handed dribble and scoop layup in traffic and a nice jumper. "Elite shot maker"!!!!!

So, there's a prepster in Texas named Makayla Mabry. Will she get confused with Michaela Mabrey?
Yes - she should change her name NOW

HGN

Reaction Score
Carnac, Milford, HGN, et al. -
PLEASE - start a separate thread to discuss next years team alignment and how the signees may fare. This thread really is for news about the signees and any verbal recruits and not about current players strengths weakness whatever or about how the recruits and current players will shake out.

People come to this thread specifically for news on the recruits.

Your post are all interesting but way off topic. As soon as you start to type a current players name you are probably posting on the wrong thread! :eek::)

Thanks
It was all Carnac's fault.......He made me do it. He 'recruited' me for that conversation and exchange. :D

Reaction Score
I think Lexi is implying with this re-tweet that she's pretty sure leaving Texas and coming to Connecticut for college was the right move. (click on the Twitter link and listen to the short clip) (try not to laugh ...or cry)

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
I think Lexi is implying with this re-tweet that she's pretty sure leaving Texas and coming to Connecticut for college was the right move. (click on the Twitter link and listen to the short clip) (try not to laugh ...or cry)

Java , I agree with her.... I am pretty sure it was the right move for her too in coming to UConn.....There is no better place to develop and hone your talent and skills in the WCBB world. Hopefully a few others come along as well and make that Class really Special.

Reaction Score
Crystal D. article from Nan's news links today

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/hig...field-studies-uconn-ncaa-tournament/82119924/

Crystal Dangerfield hasn't missed a minute of Connecticut's first two games in the women's NCAA Tournament. However, the UConn signee and top-rated point guard in the country isn't watching as a fan. She's paying close attention to every detail as a future member of the Huskies.

"I'm watching to see how they run their offense, their defense," said Dangerfield, who recently completed her high school career at Blackman. "A couple of weeks ago I was talking to an assistant coach about it. They run a read and react offense. I think I'll be able to succeed in something like that. Their defense, they just get up into people. I think (playing for) USA Basketball has helped me with that."

Her family has purchased tickets for the Women's Final Four on April 3 and 5 in Indianapolis and hopes UConn can make history with a fourth consecutive national championship.

"I'm hyped for it," said Dangerfield. "I want to see them make history. I want them to see them shut up a few haters saying that they can't do it."

Reaction Score
What I esp. like about Crystal is her earlier statement that she wished she was already at UConn to be MoJeff's understudy. What that implies is that she would have been willing to have less playing time her first year just to learn at the feet of the master.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Crystal is prepping for next year. Look for her to be ready and get a lot of PT, probably in the starting lineup.

Reaction Score
Crystal is prepping for next year. Look for her to be ready and get a lot of PT, probably in the starting lineup.
If this follows previous GA practice at the beginning of the season, anexperienced guard will start and she'll come off the bench. Given her skills it won't take long for her to become the starter.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If this follows previous GA practice at the beginning of the season, anexperienced guard will start and she'll come off the bench. Given her skills it won't take long for her to become the starter.
Sue, Nicole, Rene, CD, Bria, Kia would beg to differ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul