UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (AEH, Gordon, Coombs, Others) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn Signee/Verbal Recruit Thread (AEH, Gordon, Coombs, Others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Long article on Kyle Irwin from her local paper.

Kyla made her official visit to the campus in the fall of 2014 and gave a verbal commitment by late October of that year. When basketball season began a little more than a month later, she noticed she was getting played a lot tougher.

She also heard the rumors that she wasn’t getting a scholarship to play there, and that she wouldn’t be getting off the bench.

“If they think I’m going to be a walk-on, that’s totally fine,” said Kyla, who earned all-state honors in both basketball and volleyball as a junior. “It’s not going to bother me. (This) has definitely put a target on my back, but it’s only made me better. I’ve had to widen my variety of shots and learn how to get around three people instead of two. They’re making me better, so I just have to say ‘Thank you’ for putting more people on me.”

http://www.centredaily.com/sports/high-school/article62774277.html
This put a huge smile on my face. Here is a true competitor!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/26

Crystal Dangerfield is putting on another show in tonight's regional playoff game. She has 18 points at the half and is 4-4 from three.

Dangerfield finished with 20 after Blackman called off the dogs. The Blaze cruise into the semi's.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
2/26

Crystal Dangerfield is putting on another show in tonight's regional playoff game. She has 18 points at the half and is 4-4 from three.
Crystal, like Moriah and Dominique, is the human highlights reel.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Long article on Kyle Irwin from her local paper.

Kyla made her official visit to the campus in the fall of 2014 and gave a verbal commitment by late October of that year. When basketball season began a little more than a month later, she noticed she was getting played a lot tougher.

She also heard the rumors that she wasn’t getting a scholarship to play there, and that she wouldn’t be getting off the bench.

“If they think I’m going to be a walk-on, that’s totally fine,” said Kyla, who earned all-state honors in both basketball and volleyball as a junior. “It’s not going to bother me. (This) has definitely put a target on my back, but it’s only made me better. I’ve had to widen my variety of shots and learn how to get around three people instead of two. They’re making me better, so I just have to say ‘Thank you’ for putting more people on me.”

http://www.centredaily.com/sports/high-school/article62774277.html
"She’s hitting 51.5 percent of her field goals this season, 58.8 percent of her 2-pointers and an incredibly efficient 70.2 percent from the field during this hot stretch over the final five games. She’s also shooting 84 percent from the foul line." I like kids who are high percentage shooters.

If Alyssa Thomas's mother thinks that Kyla is a good player, I'd tend to agree.

Reaction Score
"She’s hitting 51.5 percent of her field goals this season, 58.8 percent of her 2-pointers and an incredibly efficient 70.2 percent from the field during this hot stretch over the final five games. She’s also shooting 84 percent from the foul line." I like kids who are high percentage shooters.

If Alyssa Thomas's mother thinks that Kyla is a good player, I'd tend to agree.
Great, great article: thanks! I am so psyched about Kyla. She will make a huge contribution. Great motor, superbly trained, enormous desire.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/29

Crystal Dangerfield's high school career came to an end Monday. Riverdale beat Blackman in the regional semi 73-66.

Dangerfield scored 20 points in her final game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
2/29

Crystal Dangerfield's high school career came to an end Monday. Riverdale beat Blackman in the regional semi 73-66.

Dangerfield scored 20 points in her final game.
Riverdale is a tough team. Condolences to Crystal, and congrats on a fabulous career!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
3/4

State College's attempted comeback fell just short 59-58 Friday, so Kyla Irwin's high school career ends in the first round of the class 4-A playoffs. She scored 31 points in her finale, 22 in the second half.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
3/4

State College's attempted comeback fell just short 59-58 Friday, so Kyla Irwin's high school career ends in the first round of the class 4-A playoffs. She scored 31 points in her finale, 22 in the second half.
Tough end to Kyla's career. Condolences, but congrats on a great 4 years!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A very detailed look at Kyla Irwin's last high school game:

“They played so hard. Christ, Kyla was cramping in her leg, we were shoving packets of yellow mustard down her throat trying to get those cramps out of her,” said Bethany.

“We just fell a little short. One point certainly does not define this group of girls.”

Irwin and her teammates left the court with hunched shoulders to a loud ovation from the fans. After, summing up Irwin’s career in her own words proved a difficult and emotional task.

“I just hope I helped set a standard,” she said, voice choked with feeling. “(I wanted to) lead by example and push each other, and never expect anything but the best from yourself and your teammates. And never take a play off, and get after it every day at practice. Make each other great.”

“Those were her best friends. And she’s like, ‘Oh my God, I’ll never be able to play with my best friends again,’ ” said Bethany. “I mean she lived this program. Ate it, slept it, breathed it for her whole entire life. So for it to be her last game of this. ... I said, ‘Hey, all of this prepared you for what you’re going (to). ... You’ve had an awesome experience. Loved it. Lived it. Now go do your second chapter.’ ”

http://www.centredaily.com/sports/high-school/article64131152.html

Reaction Score
3/2

Molly Bent and Tabor won the first round of their class tourney 72-38 on Wednesday. Almost impossible to get reports from their games though. They play again Saturday.

I tracked her stats from the video in the game replay thread for the game and I had her at 21 points (9-13, 1-2 3fg, 2-4 ft), 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals. She started 1-5 from the field and made her last 8 in a row. It is really surprising that very little info gets out on her team with the talent (and I'm assuming public interest) that they have.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Who knew? Yellow mustard and cramping. Tumeric and vinegar are the key ingredients.

Reaction Score
I tracked her stats from the video in the game replay thread for the game and I had her at 21 points (9-13, 1-2 3fg, 2-4 ft), 5 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals. She started 1-5 from the field and made her last 8 in a row. It is really surprising that very little info gets out on her team with the talent (and I'm assuming public interest) that they have.

This has to be the coach's policy. In maxipreps there are games in which Tabor's opponents have a box score but never one for Tabor. And if you go to the school's site the write-ups for the games never mention any players by name. It's all about the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom