UConn-Shoe thread | The Boneyard

UConn-Shoe thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
#13 Giveupous is gotta go. Gives up another goal. He sucks

Reaction Score
SHU scores two goals in the first 29 seconds. OMG. Now 3-1 midway through the first.

Reaction Score
ct06111 said:
#13 Giveupous is gotta go. Gives up another goal. He sucks
You guys nailed it earlier holy cow. That guy is a turnover machine. 3-2 shu.

Reaction Score
Dude, another one by Giveupous. He could have helped stopped that shot.
No goal. BS

Reaction Score
UConnMHOC 8:58pm via TweetDeck
#UConn GOAL!!! Huskies cut it to 6-4, Shawn Pauly with his 5th on the season#IceBus

UConnMHOC 9:09pm via TweetDeck
Empty net goal for SHU by Carroll, 7-4 Pioneers with 1:24 left

UConnMHOC 9:11pm via TweetDeck
Final from the @XLCenter, Sacred Heart tops UConn #IceBus
01.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Completely outworked right from opening face-off all the way through the final whistle.

Reaction Score
Another embarrassing loss, Another outstanding display of coaching by Cavanaugh and staff getting the team prepared (there seems to be a serious disconnect because his team has gotten worse ever year he has been here ), Another loss to a AHA Team, Another loss to an inter-state rival (swept again this year by all CT teams on our schedule), Another loss to SHU, ETC...........

Reaction Score
You guys nailed it earlier holy cow. That guy is a turnover machine. 3-2 shu.
Turnover Machine is an understatement he doesn't seem to care out there he just floats around and does his own thing, very undisciplined and selfish player. But Cavanaugh for whatever reason keeps letting the kid jump over the boards. Pratt is another one who has a tough time defending and getting to 50/50 pucks which usually is not good if your a dman. Schwartz"s play has seem to improve since the 2nd Semester along with El-Mir.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not to make excuses, but let's remember that UConn was down 5 or 6 guys due to injuries including their starting goalie (who may have saved half of the 6 goals allowed)....

They had only 17 skaters on the bench.

That being said, this team needs to learn how to clear the damn puck out of their zone regardless of injuries.

Reaction Score
We are not talking about playing a D1 Hockey Powerhouse we are talking about Sacred Heart who has out coached, out hustled and basically bitch slapped Uconn around for the past 3 years regardless of 27 or 17 players on the bench.

Reaction Score
Completely outworked right from opening face-off all the way through the final whistle.
That's SHU hockey. They almost always play hard, even in front of puny crowds. Looks like we don't. Not good. A win like this validates SHU's effort. They were just swept at home (Milford) by RIT.

Reaction Score
Imagine what the Sacred
Jacob always gives an honest opinion and tells the true story in his articles. On the other hand you have the Anthony articles where he sugar coats the story almost worrying Cavanaugh won't give him the inside scoop it's ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Sacred Heart came to play. UConn not so much. I know they were short handed but that's no excuse not to play hard. I thought when they tied it up 3-3 maybe they turned things around but they went right back to their old lackadaisical play. I thought Jacobs and Cav hit it exactly right.

Reaction Score
That's SHU hockey. They almost always play hard, even in front of puny crowds. Looks like we don't. Not good. A win like this validates SHU's effort. They were just swept at home (Milford) by RIT.
We'll I tend to agree at least the limited number of games I've seen them play. When a team consistently plays hard every game it tells me they respect the process, they respect the coaches, they respect their leaders/captains, they respect their teammates ......

Reaction Score
We are not talking about playing a D1 Hockey Powerhouse we are talking about Sacred Heart who has out coached, out hustled and basically bitch slapped Uconn around for the past 3 years regardless of 27 or 17 players on the bench.
Sacred Heart is not a D1 Hockey Powerhouse but guess what - neither are we, nor SHOULD we be yet.

Your expectations are so out of whack with this team due to your childish vendetta against the head coach.

We are 1.5 years into the hockey east. We are currently tied for 7th in the HE standings. We have an impressive record against top-10 teams in 1.5 years. There are growing pain that come with a young program in the best conference in the country, deal with it.
If we're consistently in the bottom third of the conference two years from now, then maybe its sensible to talk about other coaching options.

I also love the "outcoached" thing. Cavanaugh was outcoached because he forgot to tell his players not to give up two goals in the first 45 seconds, yessir. Did you give Cavanaugh any credit for "outcoaching" York with a seriously undermanned team on Saturday night?

Didn't think so. You made a couple references to the players but not a word about Cavanaugh. What a joke you are.

Reaction Score
Here we go again another Cavanaugh Kool Aid drinker. Wake up! Expectations are to beat Alabama-Huntsville, Army,Vermont. UMASS.Sacred Heart, Ferris State, Michigan Tech etc.... which did not happen. This is UCONN we do not make excuses we make results! As someone at the game said last night - " I don't think this team will win one game of the remaining 8 on the schedule they seem to quit on Cavanaugh every year at this time for the past 3 years". After going online and checking out the past 2 years I think he hit the nail on the head. Imagine the Sacred Heart coaches who don't have a hockey rink on campus to practice or play and where they play and practice is a dump how hard it must be to recruit. Or the skinny hockey and athletic budget or very few hockey scholarships and strict admission policies. Now just imagine if those coaches had the UCONN brand name, UCONN facilities, XL Center, Freita's practice rink, UCONN Athletic Budget, UCONN Hockey Budget, UCONN Scholarships, UCONN Coaches Salaries, UCONN Recruiting Budget. UCONN Compliance, UCONN Admissions, UCONN Students, UCONN Athletic Dept, UCONN Marketing Dept, Governor of CT backing your program etc.... Food for thought

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99