UConn @ Sam Houston State Bearkats (Fri. 4/26 @7:30p ET, Sat 4/27 @4:00p ET & Sun 4/28 @Noon ET) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Sam Houston State Bearkats (Fri. 4/26 @7:30p ET, Sat 4/27 @4:00p ET & Sun 4/28 @Noon ET)

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Langer has earned a full time starting role at third with the weekend he had had...I would think.

Reaction Score
Guess we just found out the last 2 weekends that against quality hitting, our pitching is just mediocre. You will continue to lose games when you make bad baserunning decisions and cost yourself runs.

Reaction Score
Langer has earned a full time starting role at third with the weekend he had had...I would think.

Langer will be at 3B for now until he does something to lose the position. But he definitely helped himself this weekend.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Welp...those pitches in the 7th inning may have wore him out. Tough game to lose, I don't think we played poorly but we needed to score more in the 8th.

Reaction Score
AAC Standings through Sunday:

aac.png

UConn conference series remaining: Wichita State (H), USF (H), Tulane (A)

ECU conference series remaining: Cincinnati (A), Wichita State (A), Memphis (H)
Tulane conference series remaining: UCF (H), Houston (A), UConn (H)
Cincinnati conference series remaining: ECU (H), Memphis (A)
Houston conference series remaining: Tulane (H), UCF (A)
Memphis conference series remaining: USF (H), Cincinnati (H), ECU (A)
UCF conference series remaining: Tulane (A), Houston (H)
Wichita State conference series remaining: UConn (A), ECU (H), USF (A)
USF conference series remaining: Memphis (A), UConn (A), Wichita State (H)

*Tulane/Memphis lost a game due to rainout*

Reaction Score
I've been waiting for UConn's starting pitching to improve over the course of the season. Problem is, it hasn't. It is average at best, which is disappointing for a team that has really ridden its starting pitching (especially on weekends) to great effect in the past. Mason Feole right now seems like the only guy who can go more than five innings, and even then it isn't the same quality innings that he gave UConn during his first two seasons. Now we seem to be happy when Kersten is able to get 5 innings in. As for Jimmy Wang, Colby Dunlop, and Kenny Haus, a 5 inning performance is simply a rarity. This shortage of innings from starters simply puts too much pressure and innings on the bullpen corps, especially during the last month when the UConn offense has struggled to score runs.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How is USF that bad? They run a community college in one of the best baseball areas on the planet.

Reaction Score
After losing three of our last four series, I think the time has come for me to return from my self-imposed exile. It worked for a while, but it looks like the mojo has run its course.

Reaction Score
You are missing a weak trolling attempt. You are this board's backbone :)

Okay... I wasn’t sure when I flipped the luck but I’ll put a second Madonna in the window facing J.O.C.

Someone needs to FedEx a damn crate of papayas to Dunkin Donut Park dugout for Friday!

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Okay... I wasn’t sure when I flipped the luck but I’ll put a second Madonna in the window facing J.O.C
Which Madonna did you use the first time? The one from the bible or the one that used to writhe around the stage in a wedding gown?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom