UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia-ish Game | Page 9 | The Boneyard

UConn (Reverse) Sheep Trivia-ish Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for coordinating this, @Mano. As others have said, this was a ton of fun! Glad I was able to finish on top.

If it's my duty as the winner to set up the next game, I'd be happy to do so (unless @Minicoop69 already began prepping).

I will start prepping after work today and will over the weekend. Hope to have one up by Monday or Wednesday at the latest.

Reaction Score
Lots of fun very cool. Hope everyone did it in 5-10 minutes like me without looking up stuff or shall I say cheating?

Thanks again Mano

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Thanks @Mano, seemed like it took a lot of work to put this together.
Maybe for next time there could be less Google-able questions just to prevent cheating. Not sure exactly how this could be done.

Reaction Score
So, let's clear this up. I googled just about every question. I didn't think this was a trivia contest. I looked at it as a strategy contest to guess which answer would be the most or least offered.

Reaction Score
So, let's clear this up. I googled just about every question. I didn't think this was a trivia contest. I looked at it as a strategy contest to guess which answer would be the most or least offered.

I thought it was purely from a "what do you know" basis and you could not research. Wouln't that kind of make it easy, sort of like Papi on steroids? :eek::oops:

Reaction Score
Oi! We were working on the honor system. It's in the rules...

Reaction Score
I didn't realize there were people googling this stuff. How am I supposed to know who the last team to beat the women's team was? My memory doesn't go that far back.

I demand a recount. This is like the hanging chad fiasco all over again.

Reaction Score
I think even if you did look up answers, which I did for a couple of questions. It's all about making the right choice . So even with looking up things didn't guarantee you win.

Reaction Score
I think even if you did look up answers, which I did for a couple of questions. It's all about making the right choice . So even with looking up things didn't guarantee you win.

Agree but certainly an advantage. I could care less it's fun either way, almost ignored the OT and never jumped in. Glad I did.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

and still end up in the bottom half. solid work, champ.

But seriously. I mean for an unanswerable question I guess thats an advantage, but overall I agree that it is more about the strategy of answering with and against people than just getting an answer.

Reaction Score
I'm interested for next one as long as you DQ cheaters ;0

I have questions sort of ready. I'm asking the opinion of @Mano to see if they are ok since i've only played the game once.

If they get signed off on, I will start the game by thursday. some of the questions are sort of hard if UCONN basketball is not your LIFE and might have to be looked up. I am not opposed to looking things up though. I believe that this is a strategy game along with a trivia game.

Reaction Score
and still end up in the bottom half. solid work, champ.

But seriously. I mean for an unanswerable question I guess thats an advantage, but overall I agree that it is more about the strategy of answering with and against people than just getting an answer.

Well, that's what I'm saying. I was far from winning. I guess for questions like the Sweet 16 or Video Games with UConn in them it helped though. I'll read the rules more carefully next time.

Reaction Score
some of the questions i have ready have to deal with CT though. i am wondering if that is a bad idea since some people aren't from CT. they aren't that hard really and could be looked up on a map.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I have questions sort of ready. I'm asking the opinion of @Mano to see if they are ok since i've only played the game once.

If they get signed off on, I will start the game by thursday. some of the questions are sort of hard if UCONN basketball is not your LIFE and might have to be looked up. I am not opposed to looking things up though. I believe that this is a strategy game along with a trivia game.
I agree it is a strategy game, but if some people are looking things up and some aren't that changes the strategy. For example I think one of the questions was about the UConn women's last loss - if you looked it up and knew it for a fact in Sheep that's 100% cheating. Strategically though you might simply pick a good frequent opponent if you think most people don't know and will guess. So I think it should be like Family Feud where you aren't googling what is most popular or unpopular but making a gut guess. Can work with searches allowed too I suppose, but that needs to be clear and if in fact the questions are harder/obscure CT facts like who hid the Charter in 1687.

Reaction Score
Agree with @Dogdeacon for the most part. Whether googling is allowed or not is not as important as making sure all players are on the same page regarding googling.

Reaction Score
Agree with @Dogdeacon for the most part. Whether googling is allowed or not is not as important as making sure all players are on the same page regarding googling.

alright fair enough. i will say that google is allowed when i write it up

Reaction Score

Q's looked good to me. Should be a nice mix of stumpers and ones with obvious answers that'll herd people to certain answers (ah, but which right answer?). Certainly @Minicoop69 is putting more thought into crafting the questions than I did. I just wung it.

Mini, if you want you can PM me your answers before everyone starts sending in theirs so you can play too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom