UConn Responds To Claim Program Aide Mike Cerullo Was A Whistleblower In NFL Saints Case | The Boneyard

UConn Responds To Claim Program Aide Mike Cerullo Was A Whistleblower In NFL Saints Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“Neither Mike Cerullo nor the University will comment on this subject. This matter is only based on speculation by the media, which does not warrant comment,” Mike Enright, UConn’s athletic communications department head and football Sports Information Director said in an email this morning.

http://courantblogs.com/uconn-football/

I sure hope this doesn't become a distraction for the football team.

Reaction Score
Oh, please. The charge is not something he did anything illegal. The charge is not something that he did anything that most believe is immoral. The charge isn't even that he broke league rules.

No one at UConn will waste ten seconds worrying about whether or not Cerullo blew the whistle on the Saints.

Reaction Score
What the NFL should do is start going after guys who try to speculate, disclose or report on potential whistleblowers. The program, like any w/b program, is set up to protect folks who report items, not expose them. This is where the commish must go next or he might as well shut down the w/b program as it will become a sham, practically

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Oh, please. The charge is not something he did anything illegal. The charge is not something that he did anything that most believe is immoral. The charge isn't even that he broke league rules.

No one at UConn will waste ten seconds worrying about whether or not Cerullo blew the whistle on the Saints.
It MIGHT have been an issue if his next job was with an NFL franchise... but I don't see it having any impact at all with a college program like UConn.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, if he blew the whistle, he was right to do so. But, he apparently blew it after he was let go. It would've taken a lot more courage to do the right thing while still on the payoff. The way he did not only seems vindictive, but cowardly as well.

Reaction Score
since i'm pretty sure not one person on this or any board can tell me anything about the character, or even the names of any of our other program aides past or present; this is about as important to the UConn football program as RutgersAl's opinion of our stadium bathrooms

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The saints won't be drafting any UConn guys soon...

Reaction Score

This. The moment I saw the news, I thought to myself, do I care about this? After a few seconds, I came up with the answer...nope, not at all. Not positive, not negative, just nothing.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, if he blew the whistle, he was right to do so. But, he apparently blew it after he was let go. It would've taken a lot more courage to do the right thing while still on the payoff. The way he did not only seems vindictive, but cowardly as well.

I don't understand this line of thinking. You'd rather whistleblowers never expose something at all than do it after they leave? I wouldn't. I understand why they leave first, they're humans after all, and I don't think it's absurd to look out for your self-interest. The reality in most situations is if you blow the whistle on your employer, you don't get to stay.

Reaction Score
I don't understand this line of thinking. You'd rather whistleblowers never expose something at all than do it after they leave?

If you can point to where exactly in my post I said this, I will finish reading the rest of your response.

Reaction Score
whoever the whistle blower was did the right thing, as it will help in the health of NFL players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom