UConn @ Quinnipiac | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ Quinnipiac

Reaction Score
Team could not clear the defensive zone forever which led to the first goal

This was a HUGE issue last year. Hopefully we don't see this rear its ugly head once the HE schedule starts up.
I only saw the last few minutes of the 2nd period but there are a lot of empty seats, I thought this place is usually packed.

Reaction Score
This was a HUGE issue last year. Hopefully we don't see this rear its ugly head once the HE schedule starts up.
I only saw the last few minutes of the 2nd period but there are a lot of empty seats, I thought this place is usually packed.
Large number of people with seats choose to stand. It's full

Reaction Score
Letunov was tossed? Explain please. Boarding?
Hit from behind into the boards, as others have said. In the NHL it's a borderline two-minute minor but the NCAA is crystal clear on their enforcement of this. Everyone in the sport knows that's called a major 99% of the time.

I watched the first two periods, UConn has some talent for sure and will definitely win some games in HE. Huska doesn't seem like he's quite ready yet to compete against the best of the best. QU has a solid team, despite their Maine series, but UConn has looked competitive against them especially without one of their two top forwards.

Reaction Score
Stuck at work trying to follow game on Twitter in between runs. I'm a little baffled at Huska getting the start..Nichols has looked really good so far this season. Either he is banged up or Cav decided to give Huska the start against QU so he can see how Huska does against a higher level of competition. One thing I was hoping to see was the difference in strength this season from last year. It was evident last year that QU was a much stronger team and easily pushed UConn around.

Reaction Score
Quinnipiac mailed in the third period.

All around, not a good showing. Difficult when you lose Letunov to a game misconduct and Drake and Wight to injury all in the first period.

Even then, the talent outside of Letunov and Thompson is far behind top 20 teams. It's tough.

I don't know what this team is going to do next year for offensive go to players if Max and Tage leave.

Reaction Score
QU played with much more intensity and discipline. Cav needs to learn to motivate better.

Seats were 85-90% full at apex of attendance.

Reaction Score
made it to the game last night, and I gotta say-it's a pretty cool arena. The TD Bank houses both the basketball court and the hockey arena, but are separated by the main concourse. I didn't know that before. The rows in the hockey arena go as far back as row 10 so you're right on top of the ice and therefore making the action so close. Right above the main seats is the VIP section, probably where all the scouts and recruits sit. I can't wait for UConn to build their on-campus hockey rink and get out of the XL Center!

I liked it better than the BC hockey arena and right there with Yale's.

Reaction Score
Jacobs:
Loss Of Bruce Marshall Stings Both UConn, Quinnipiac Hockey Programs

Altavilla:
Quinnipiac Answers Every UConn Rally In 5-2 Win

HEA article:
HockeyEastOnline.com - Hockey East Game Recaps

Place is really nice. Even got a 4.75 beer over in the bball arena in between periods. Free parking was nice, plenty of eye candy, and decent moderately priced food.

Missed the stick tap @ the end of the game. Nice gesture by QU.

I hope they move up to HE. They would have to expand the arena no? Only sits 3,300 and HE require >4K.

I could see why they would want to stay in the ECAC, but in state rival in HE would benefit both programs. QU could still have the yale rival game and still compete in HE. I hope they at least continue the H/A series with Yale and QU. Make it a yearly thing even if you're in different leagues. Yearly Tourney would be awesome, hopefully Yale buys in eventually.

Parts of me wanted huska to see QU because they saw Nichols last year and have Nichols start AIC. Other parts of me thought we should have had Nichols in there last night. I mean huska just played a great OT tie against RIT 3 days prior. oh well

After a full RIT and QU crowd, I hope we can at least get 4K for AIC

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Jacobs:
Loss Of Bruce Marshall Stings Both UConn, Quinnipiac Hockey Programs

Altavilla:
Quinnipiac Answers Every UConn Rally In 5-2 Win

HEA article:
HockeyEastOnline.com - Hockey East Game Recaps

Place is really nice. Even got a 4.75 beer over in the bball arena in between periods. Free parking was nice, plenty of eye candy, and decent moderately priced food.

Missed the stick tap @ the end of the game. Nice gesture by QU.

I hope they move up to HE. They would have to expand the arena no? Only sits 3,300 and HE require >4K.

I could see why they would want to stay in the ECAC, but in state rival in HE would benefit both programs. QU could still have the yale rival game and still compete in HE. I hope they at least continue the H/A series with Yale and QU. Make it a yearly thing even if you're in different leagues. Yearly Tourney would be awesome, hopefully Yale buys in eventually.

Parts of me wanted huska to see QU because they saw Nichols last year and have Nichols start AIC. Other parts of me thought we should have had Nichols in there last night. I mean huska just played a great OT tie against RIT 3 days prior. oh well

After a full RIT and QU crowd, I hope we can at least get 4K for AIC
There won't be 3000 there. Although, they will announce over 3000.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom