UConn-Providence post game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn-Providence post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
They should be, Nova beat them twice in the regular season both by 3 points, they finally won one against them.
Hard to beat anyone three times in a season.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I loved watching the team today. The game had us in a real dog fight into the third quarter, but what I saw today from the team is very encouraging. We were playing great in the first quarter and then you could see providence ratchet up their physicality and we struggled with that and also struggled to contain efosa. What I liked is how we responded by playing ultra hard and tougher like a boxer we hung in there and fought back for the knock out. Kk was outstanding and Ice really matched their physicality. I still think Shade is passing up too many shots as I’d like to see her be more aggressive and get that 3 or shot back on track.

In terms of the physical play. It’s no surprise how teams pay us now. It’s been happening for many years since Stewie left. I always liken the strategy to what Belechick did with his patriots against the St Louis rams. Hold and play physical because the refs can’t call everything every single play. Couple this with good guard play against us to get us in foul trouble or get to the foul line. When we had enough talent and depth in the front court this was strategy that UConn could weather but now teams know to have a chance it’s gotta be closer to the UCF strategy.

Paige awesome today. If Liya can’t play the silver lining is Ice will be thrown into the fire and. I think she will respond. I also like seeing Nika play aggressive, even if she drives and misses she makes the defense play her. Hope Qadence can learn to drive and pull up more inside the three. Her drive at the end is something I think she can do more of.

If Liya can’t play the silver lining is Ice will be thrown into the fire and. I think she will respond.

I like that "Fire and Ice"

Reaction Score
I saw the tweet of the final score under a pic of Paige and I thought,
"This game looked like anything but ordinary business, especially after Aaliyah left early. But then Page and Nika took it over and righted the ship, and KK Ice and Ash followed in their wake, and we ended up with what looks like a business-as-usual score, 86-53."​

Reaction Score
Why would this coach be responsible for the last 9 years? This is her first year as the PC coach and only one of the regular players is her recruit. And that is Romero who’s one of her best players. Maybe wait to judge her until she’s had a chance to bring in her own kids.
Whether or not her players were inherited or her personal recruits,the Providence coach is ultimately responsible for the players actions. She has seen every practice and every game during her first season and is well aware of the players’ aggressive play. (I only selected the word “aggressive” instead of several others I felt were more appropriate because it is the more politically correct term.). In other words, she knows who brings rocks to the game. She may not encourage this type of play, but it would appear that she is not discouraging it either.

By the way, this thread is not the only thread that discusses Provfdece’s style of play. There is thread titled “Geno on Lou” originated on Feb. 02, 2023 that includes some discussions of Providence’s playing style. It includes an attachment number 83766 that shows Lou getting her eye gouged by an opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom