UConn @ Providence 2/12/16 & Providence @ UConn 2/13/16. | The Boneyard

UConn @ Providence 2/12/16 & Providence @ UConn 2/13/16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With being away 5 games, they should start creel for the away game and thulin for the home game. Give Nichols more time to actually practice and then have em play the northeastern games. If either providence game gets out of hand, bring Nichols in.

Reaction Score
With being away 5 games, they should start creel for the away game and thulin for the home game. Give Nichols more time to actually practice and then have em play the northeastern games. If either providence game gets out of hand, bring Nichols in.
Your right except I would start Creel put him on a short leash with Nichols as the backup for Friday night. If UCONN wins Friday night and Creel plays well then you have to put him between the pipes again on Saturday in front of the home crowd. If he gets lit up on Friday night then I would go with Nichols on Saturday night with Thulin as the backup.

Reaction Score
I was just looking for tix for my wife and 2 kids and much of the lower bowl is single seat only.
Saturday night at 5, should be a great crowd, especially if we could steal a point on Friday.

Reaction Score
CaUM8A7UUAABXOs.jpg

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Wear white against PC?

Grey alternates for basketball against Gtown?

HFD must be in a fetal position!

Reaction Score
Heard a rumor that UConn has alternates for this game...white sweaters with white numbers outlined in red/blue with the Husky rather than UCONN. By the way if Nichols is healthy he starts Both games I think.

Reaction Score
Only reason I would be hesitant to put Nichols in at Providence is because he let in a touchdown and a field goal last year down in Providence. Shots were going in from 100 feet out (again this was the second game of a back to back which UCONN I believe tied them the night before at the XL Center ).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So we're tied for 8th with UNH while two teams - Maine and Merrimac - are two points behind both of us.

We have to find a way to get thru this weekend at least tied for 8th and we'll have a chance for hosting a first rounder. Hopefully UNH tumbles tomorrow as well. Ultimately its going to come down to some huge UNH games in a few weeks

Reaction Score
So we're tied for 8th with UNH while two teams - Maine and Merrimac - are two points behind both of us.

We have to find a way to get thru this weekend at least tied for 8th and we'll have a chance for hosting a first rounder. Hopefully UNH tumbles tomorrow as well. Ultimately its going to come down to some huge UNH games in a few weeks
Maine and Merrimack are garbage teams. Odds are very low either takes a point from their respective games tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call Maine or Merrimack garbage teams will they beat their opponents tonight BC and Notre Dame? Probably not. Will Uconn beat PC ? Probably not. Will UConn finish in 10th or 11th place like I predicated? Unfortunately probably yes. Does it really matter where the cellar dwellers of HE finish 9 through 12? No, they should be lucky the conference format allows for every team to make the playoffs and guarantee's every team two extra games games to play every year. You never know a team could catch fire during the playoffs etc.... which makes for excitement.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wouldn't call Maine or Merrimack garbage teams will they beat their opponents tonight BC and Notre Dame? Probably not. Will UConn finish in 10th or 11th place like I predicated? Unfortunately probably yes. Does it really matter where the cellar dwellers of HE finish 9 through 12? No, they should be lucky the conference format allows for every team to make the playoffs and guarantee's every team two extra games games to play every year.
Hey here is a great idea...save your money and go buy Holy Cross season tickets instead. You can go root for your boy Berard and his under achieving program instead...it's painfully obvious you're a troll.

Reaction Score
Hey here is a great idea...save your money and go buy Holy Cross season tickets instead. You can go root for your boy Berard and his under achieving program instead...it's painfully obvious you're a troll.
You are an angry little man who has no comprehensive reading skills.

Reaction Score
You are an angry little man who has no comprehensive reading skills.
I can read just fine...and calling me angry is like the pot calling the kettle black . You don't like what I say about you put me on ignore. You are a who knows about the game of hockey or the dynamics of big time college athletics. Time for you to name your "sources" about Cav being on the hot seat or stop spouting off about them. Do us all a favor here and go hang out on the Holy Cross thread on USCHO so you can spread the love for your boy Dave Berard.

Reaction Score
Holy Cross DOES have nice seats. I need to go again one day.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call Maine or Merrimack garbage teams will they beat their opponents tonight BC and Notre Dame? Probably not. Will Uconn beat PC ? Probably not. Will UConn finish in 10th or 11th place like I predicated? Unfortunately probably yes. Does it really matter where the cellar dwellers of HE finish 9 through 12? No, they should be lucky the conference format allows for every team to make the playoffs and guarantee's every team two extra games games to play every year. You never know a team could catch fire during the playoffs etc.... which makes for excitement.
You continue to prove each week how little you understand about Hockey East; Maine and Merrimack are indeed garbage teams. They are both only better than UMass who is the king dumpster fire of this conference right now. Neither of them has a goalie as capable as Rob Nichols, nor skaters as skilled as Thompson or Letunov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom