UConn Pro-Day/NFL Draft | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn Pro-Day/NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stray_Dog said:
Really, in our small state, we have Hartford, hear the crickets and the wind...that is Saturday night! Or Bridgeport, uh, yea, OK how about Waterbury...um can't wait for that traffic build-up on the mix-master. Or how about the Emerald city, so the emerald is a brown stone with cracks...ummm, ummm hey we are home to ESPN...show him that campus, let him watch all of his former competition on the SEC network! Yes, this is my sarcasm, but really, I would not try to showcase how great CT is! ...and I am sure he is looking forward to his property taxes and income taxes... He'll leave eventually, after all everyone else is looking to get out of CT. CT is losing more people than people who want to come here. Why is that?

Great, this f#~%ing argument again . . .

Reaction Score
UConn has a very long string of less than stellar QBing since Orlovasky. It is really amazing to think about.

My response to his post was going to be, we are always free to recruit one.
You see more talented QB's at the 1-aa level every year right here in the northeast than what we throw out there. The NFL seems to feel we recruit the other positions rather well. It's really mind boggling.

Reaction Score
Anybody watching NFL Network this morning? My tweet made it on the #AskDJ segment... It had to do with Byron Jones.. If you saw it, was the response?

Reaction Score
Really, in our small state, we have Hartford, hear the crickets and the wind...that is Saturday night! Or Bridgeport, uh, yea, OK how about Waterbury...um can't wait for that traffic build-up on the mix-master. Or how about the Emerald city, so the emerald is a brown stone with cracks...ummm, ummm hey we are home to ESPN...show him that campus, let him watch all of his former competition on the SEC network! Yes, this is my sarcasm, but really, I would not try to showcase how great CT is! ...and I am sure he is looking forward to his property taxes and income taxes... He'll leave eventually, after all everyone else is looking to get out of CT. CT is losing more people than people who want to come here. Why is that?
Because your money stretches farther in a higher poverty state.

Reaction Score
John Dorsey doing his due diligence:

NHRJimFuller 1:43pm via TweetDeck
Per @TonyPauline former #UConn DL B.J. McBryde visiting Kansas City Chiefs today

TonyPauline 12:29pm via Twitter Web Client
B.J. McBryde/DL/UConn in Kansas City visiting the Chiefs today.

TonyPauline 1:42pm via Twitter Web Client
info on pro-day numbers from BJ McBryde/UConn: 6051/292, 35" arm, 5.02s/40, 1.75s/10yd, 31.5" vert, 10-3/borad..visiting KC Chiefs today

Reaction Score
TonyPauline 7:57pm via Twitter Web Client
Byron Jones/CB/UConn; visiting SF 49ers tomorrow. Has already been in to visit the Chicago Bears, Philadelphia Eagles and Buffalo Bills

Reaction Score
MoveTheSticks Apr 05, 11:13pm via Twitter for iPhone
Studying UConn WR Geremy Davis...love the size but he consistently eases into break point & tips routes. Does make some nice high pt grabs

me thinks if he can get over the route running issue mentioned below he could end up having a nice career in the league... He certainly has the ability to play at that level... He's a kid that catches the football so, if he can fix that stuff, teams can view him more than just a potential special teamer type...

Reaction Score
TonyPauline 7:57pm via Twitter Web Client
Byron Jones/CB/UConn; visiting SF 49ers tomorrow. Has already been in to visit the Chicago Bears, Philadelphia Eagles and Buffalo Bills

I wonder about Pittsburgh with both a starting Safety and Corner retiring in the same week. Byron is a highly intelligent kid that can play either position.

Reaction Score
NYT - Byron Jones’s Displays of Speed and Leaping Ability Intrigue N.F.L. Scouts

>>Bob Diaco, the coach at Connecticut, is so sure of Jones that he describes him as “easy money.”

“He’s probably the best combination of speed, size and athleticism of all the positions in the draft,” Diaco said, “and he’s got character and intangibles to boot.”

Diaco added: “You can’t run past him, because he’s faster than you. You can’t outjump him, because he can jump higher than you. He’s the smartest guy in the room, or one of them.”<<

Reaction Score
Great job by Diaco on Byron's behalf. Hopefully, we can parlay all of our NFL success into a recruiting niche.

"Why play at a big P5 school and compete with five different 4-5*s to see the field when you can come to UCONN and get right out there? Once you are a commodity, you can drive over to ESPN for endless self promotion."

We really need to be working with ESPN to create great recruiting advantages for our football and basketball teams. We've had some great promotional opportunities there lately and I'd hope they'd give us even more if we make the players and coaches available at all times.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Happy for this kid.. seriously... underestimated him... Even my Cowboys are into him... if he falls to 27 where my Cowboys pick he'll get scooped up... definite... unless we do a Adrian Peterson trade (which I'm against... we still need defensive help moreso than offensive)... Don't look for him to get past 20 to the Eagles...

Reaction Score
TonyPauline Apr 20, 11:19am via Twitter Web Client
New England Patriots worked out BJ McBryde/DL/UConn last week. Team is looking at a lot of late round/PFA type defensive linemen.

Reaction Score
UConn's B.J. McBryde Hoping For Shot At NFL
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-nfl-draft-0429-20150428-story.html

>>Since Pro Day McBryde has visited with the Kansas City Chiefs, whose general manager is UConn alum John Dorsey. "He's a great guy," McBryde said of Dorsey. "I got a chance to meet a lot of people out there. It was a good time."

McBryde also worked out for the Patriots and on Friday, along with Jones and Davis, worked out for the Eagles.

"I got to work out with the D-line coach, some real nice work, change of direction stuff," McBryde said. "Did some things we did on Pro Day, some were part of the Eagles' defense and I enjoyed it. The type of defense they run, they said it fits me well, and I would have to agree. I feel like I would enjoy playing in that defense. I was really excited to see Philly come in the picture."

The Dolphins, Colts, Lions, Raiders, Redskins and Broncos called after Pro Day, wanting to get his contact information.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom