UConn Pro-Day/NFL Draft | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Pro-Day/NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Getting two head coaches on the day the expected number 1 pick is having is pro day is nice. I think Jones and Davis just got themselves drafted.

Reaction Score
McBryde just might get drafted too... 6'5 310lb DTs that are agile intrigue many NFL ball clubs... worse case he'll be a PFA...

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Getting two head coaches on the day the expected number 1 pick is having is pro day is nice. I think Jones and Davis just got themselves drafted.

Probably both by the Eagles, at their two biggest positions of need...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Just getting out of work now and checking twitter from the whole day is overwhelming, so much much thanks Medic for all your hard work compiling everything in this thread for all of us to see how great Pro Day was for our former Huskies!

Reaction Score
Balis left an SEC school to come to CT. Take him on tours around CT and he won't want to leave!

Reaction Score
Balis left an SEC school to come to CT. Take him on tours around CT and he won't want to leave!
Really, in our small state, we have Hartford, hear the crickets and the wind...that is Saturday night! Or Bridgeport, uh, yea, OK how about Waterbury...um can't wait for that traffic build-up on the mix-master. Or how about the Emerald city, so the emerald is a brown stone with cracks...ummm, ummm hey we are home to ESPN...show him that campus, let him watch all of his former competition on the SEC network! Yes, this is my sarcasm, but really, I would not try to showcase how great CT is! ...and I am sure he is looking forward to his property taxes and income taxes... He'll leave eventually, after all everyone else is looking to get out of CT. CT is losing more people than people who want to come here. Why is that?

Reaction Score
Really, in our small state, we have Hartford, hear the crickets and the wind...that is Saturday night! Or Bridgeport, uh, yea, OK how about Waterbury...um can't wait for that traffic build-up on the mix-master. Or how about the Emerald city, so the emerald is a brown stone with cracks...ummm, ummm hey we are home to ESPN...show him that campus, let him watch all of his former competition on the SEC network! Yes, this is my sarcasm, but really, I would not try to showcase how great CT is! ...and I am sure he is looking forward to his property taxes and income taxes... He'll leave eventually, after all everyone else is looking to get out of CT. CT is losing more people than people who want to come here. Why is that?
My family sure isn't looking to leave. Been here my whole life. My stepfather moved here from California (Los Angeles) several years ago and is staying here. Perhaps the panic pertains to certain demographics. Yes, the poorer are being priced out. Scenery and history combined, this state is one of the best. Who said we need to go to clubs? There's world class museums.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

I like Connecticut. I live in New Haven. It's a fun city. It can be dangerous, but overall I find it a good mix of culture, events, bars (especially beer bars), food, responsive government, etc. But if you base your love of CT on traffic in Waterbury, you're gonna have a bad time.

Reaction Score
I don't see Byron Jones falling further than 20.
yes he will.. The Mike Mamula effect will set in 4 weeks... People will think back.. Only difference I believe is Byron actually has the prototypical #s (size and athleticism) for the position he's getting drafted for. Teams are gonna grab P5 players at his position first before they take him.. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes late rd 1... definite rd 2... worst case early rd 3... At this point I'd be shocked if he falls anywhere lower than that...BTW, the Saints have 5 picks out of the first 78 spots.. wouldn't surprise me if he ends up there... The other three non-shockers for me are the Vikings, Patriots (last pick in rd 1) and the Eagles (who brought a ton of coaches up to our Pro Day)...

Reaction Score
Personally I'd be happy if he became a Dallas Cowboy and they plugged him in on Nickel coverage early on then convert him to full time FS down the road... I think he could potentially be a heckuva back end player in Marinelli's defense down in Big D.... he's got ball skills.. we need that in Dallas...

Reaction Score
If those 40 times from today are legit, there is no way he's making it to the Pats.

Sometimes I wonder about these scouts. So Jones looked great on tape but scouts are waiting for his combine numbers to determine how high he goes? Can the kid play football yes or no? They overthink these things a lot of the time. The combine numbers should only be used to validate what their eyes tell them.

The combine cone drills are absolutes for some teams. Hip movement is very difficult for NFL teams to gauge on tape or on straight 40 times. They just can't tell. Some of those scouts are adamant that if you can't get a great cone time then you can't play in the NFL no matter how well you played in college.

Reaction Score
It's like baseball. You need pitching. We need a QB. All the DB's in the world won't make up for that.

UConn has a very long string of less than stellar QBing since Orlovasky. It is really amazing to think about.

Reaction Score
I like Connecticut. I live in New Haven. It's a fun city. It can be dangerous, but overall I find it a good mix of culture, events, bars (especially beer bars), food, responsive government, etc. But if you base your love of CT on traffic in Waterbury, you're gonna have a bad time.

Just back from a week in California.

30 miles to work in upstate NY means 30 minute drive. In Cali? 2 1/2 hours. Zuma Beach (Malibu) to LA.

Drivers are more aggressive than East Coast outside of NYC and Boston. Hilariously, we saw people blocking major highways to get into parking lots by crossing medians. But we saw no road rage after hilariously crazy driving moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom