UConn Pres Herbst NOT attending BE meeting in NYC tonight | The Boneyard

UConn Pres Herbst NOT attending BE meeting in NYC tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per Jeff Jacobs on Twitter...

@jacobscourantJeff Jacobs

UConn prez Susan Herbst, sources said, not able to attend BE meeting tonight and chief of staff Rachel Rubin will be there in her place.
So are we to infer anything form this? I doubt it, but it does leave room for some speculation.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
no problem, not very important anyway

Reaction Score
maybe she has a previously scheduled meeting down on Tobacco Road????

Reaction Score
How can that not mean something? Many millions of dollars are at stake. Seriously.....name something more important.

Reaction Score
This is just a classis negotiating tactic. How do you avoid answering tough questions, or being pressed for a committment to the Big East? You send someone in your place that isnt authorized to answer questions or give a committment.

Reaction Score
If Missouri is indeed headed to the SEC, as reported on another thread, maybe this idea of a BE-B12 merger is done before it even begins. As such, Herbst may have other irons in the fire for tonight. She seems very good at prioritizing so far, so this may be telling us something.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is just a classis negotiating tactic. How do you avoid answering tough questions, or being pressed for a committment to the Big East? You send someone in your place that isnt authorized to answer questions or give a committment.
Exactly. You get to hear things out without contributing. It keeps the cards close to the vest.

Reaction Score
If Missouri is indeed headed to the SEC, as reported on another thread, maybe this idea of a BE-B12 merger is done before it even begins. As such, Herbst may have other irons in the fire for tonight. She seems very good at prioritizing so far, so this may be telling us something.

Mizzou to the SEC makes the merger more likely for UConn since it means WV goes with it, and that's a good thing.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Mizzou to the SEC makes the merger more likely for UConn since it means WV goes with it, and that's a good thing.
OU demands may be something Texas can work with and no Mizzou to SEC and no Big 12 break up. And now the SEC may invite WV because TAM is definitely not going back.

Reaction Score
OU is demanding quite a lot. I believe Texas may be realizing their network is not something they can work with and bring with them unless they go independent.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
In Susan we trust. From everything I've heard, she's a smart cookie who knows what she's doing.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I'm sorry -- was that code for something?
Rubin is top notch- been around UCONN a long time and is Herbst's right hand person. We are in great hands tonight for a meeting that will probably not reveal much.

Reaction Score
Per Jeff Jacobs on Twitter...

jeffpic_normal.jpg
@jacobscourantJeff Jacobs

UConn prez Susan Herbst, sources said, not able to attend BE meeting tonight and chief of staff Rachel Rubin will be there in her place.
So are we to infer anything form this? I doubt it, but it does leave room for some speculation.
Rachel Rubin - wasn't she the "Ethics Czar" in Gov Rell's office after Rowland resigned amidst all sorts of ethics charges and an impending impeachment? Glad to see UConn will be represented by an expert in ethics.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Are you guys seriously worried UCONN would be left out of the next incarnation of the Big East just because she didn't attend this meeting? I take this as good news, she obviously has something more important planned.

Reaction Score
Are you guys seriously worried UCONN would be left out of the next incarnation of the Big East just because she didn't attend this meeting? I take this as good news, she obviously has something more important planned.

no

Reaction Score
JPM is crushing it lately.

God forbid we hurt someone's feelings and can't get into a conference with Iowa State.

Next, someone will get worried that Herbst doesn't attend an Atlantic-10 board meeting.

Reaction Score
Yes. Because most crisis can be solved if you just talk tough enough. Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom