UConn Playing for Last BE Title | The Boneyard

UConn Playing for Last BE Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The baseball team just successfully finished off Rutgers 2-1 and will play against ND for the Big East baseball title.

It has to be said that UConn does well at whatever we put our minds to (which is everything). It's hard to see this conference crumble away, but it would be sweet to close out the Big East with the last available title. Finish in our typical manner: as champions!!!

Reaction Score
Amazing that Rutgers made it to the semi-finals in...well, anything really. Did I wake up in the Twilight Zone or something?

Reaction Score
RU has h
Amazing that Rutgers made it to the semi-finals in...well, anything really. Did I wake up in the Twilight Zone or something?
We have had a pretty good Baseball team for a while now. We beat Louisville and USF (2 of the strongest teams in the BE conference, this past year.

We lost this game on 2 unearned runs, basically. We beat you guys during the season, and lost it today when it counted the most.

Reaction Score
RU has h
We have had a pretty good Baseball team for a while now. We beat Louisville and USF (2 of the strongest teams in the BE conference, this past year.

We lost this game on 2 unearned runs, basically. We beat you guys during the season, and lost it today when it counted the most.

I know...the comment was made in jest. Rutgers baseball isn't bad. I don't follow the sport closely so I can't comment further than that.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Some are missing the point of this thread, clearly. I'm not just talking about one baseball tournament. I'm talking about 30+ years of winning championships in the Big East. I'm talking about football, men's bball, women's bball, soccer, baseball, field hockey, etc. I'm talking about being the dominant force in this conference for nearly my entire lifetime.

And I'm talking about finishing it up the UConn way....the championship way....let's go Huskies!!!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Just to put it into perspective, look at this impressive list across a wide variety of sports:

Big East Championships by sport:

Baseball - 2
Men's Bball - 7
Women's Bball - 18
Field Hockey - 12
Football - 2
Golf - 1
Men's Soccer - 7
Women's Soccer - 2
Softball - 7
Men's Indoor Track - 9
Women's Indoor Track - 2
Men's Outdoor Track - 3
Women's Outdoor Track -2

Take notice, commissioners of the leagues across the country. This is what UConn is. This is what we do. If we want it, we win it. That's why I put this thread in the realignment tab; to remind all of my fellow Huskies and those who visit from elsewhere that the University of Connecticut is synonymous with the word "champion"...

Reaction Score
Just to put it into perspective, look at this impressive list across a wide variety of sports:

Big East Championships by sport:

Baseball - 2
Men's Bball - 7
Women's Bball - 18
Field Hockey - 12
Football - 2
Golf - 1
Men's Soccer - 7
Women's Soccer - 2
Softball - 7
Men's Indoor Track - 9
Women's Indoor Track - 2
Men's Outdoor Track - 3
Women's Outdoor Track -2

Take notice, commissioners of the leagues across the country. This is what UConn is. This is what we do. If we want it, we win it. That's why I put this thread in the realignment tab; to remind all of my fellow Huskies and those who visit from elsewhere that the University of Connecticut is synonymous with the word "champion"...

Great list, but I'm pretty sure the men's bball is at 10 championships, no?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Game is on ESPNU for those that might be interested. UConn is up going to bottom of fifth. Lot of baseball left though.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Time to modify the count to 3 for baseball, assuming that is the tournament count.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn baseball has quietly become a big program. I like the high level of top prospects that we have scattered all over big leagues' prospect charts.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'd think playing more of our conference games in the south will only help the baseball program improve through recruiting. Can't say I'm really versed in college baseball recruiting grounds but it seems many top US players come from the Southern part of the country. Weather probably helps.

Bottom line, great job to the baseball team. Fitting way to end our time in the Big East!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I'd think playing more of our conference games in the south will only help the baseball program improve through recruiting. Can't say I'm really versed in college baseball recruiting grounds but it seems many top US players come from the Southern part of the country. Weather probably helps.

Bottom line, great job to the baseball team. Fitting way to end our time in the Big East!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
True this. But it's good to know that this years roster has 19 in-state players.

Reaction Score
Good luck to UConn baseball in the regionals.

That was a great accomplishment to win the Big East Tournament as a #8 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom