UConn parts ways with Zach Brown | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn parts ways with Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
His brother was a player too but fell victim to the pull of the streets. I wonder if the same did/will happen to him.

Reaction Score
I don't think he should have started, but he definitely should have gotten more playing time, especially in nothing games and with Brimah out. Can't help but feel like he would have developed more if he saw more minutes.

Totally agree with you. No reason for him not to get off the bench some of those games. He would of been better off at the end of the season and this year.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Totally agree with you. No reason for him not to get off the bench some of those games. He would of been better off at the end of the season and this year.
Facey too. There were long stretches of the season where it seemed like KO and co forgot they had SO and KF on the bench. Granted, we don't know what was happening behind the scenes, but it definitely didn't seem like either of them got enough minutes.

Reaction Score
Its like the season never happened, apparently enoch was a better option than brimah lol. what a joke.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Its like the season never happened, apparently enoch was a better option than brimah lol. what a joke.
You do recognize that Brimah got injured and missed a bunch of games, right...?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
What the hell did he even say to warrant this response? Other than your super cool MSG meltdown all you ever bring to this board is being a huge . We get it, you're snarky.

Big Ern brings a lot to the board that quite a few of us enjoy. Especially when using sanity as a weapon against those having temper tantrums.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I've just come to the conclusion that people hate Brimah because he a) looks aesthetically unappealing and b) is a foreigner who was ahead of a CT native on the depth chart. It explains a lot actually.

Reaction Score
Hope for the best for Z Brown. Might be better for him to be closer to home with a support network.
The general consensus seems to be that his support network is one of his biggest issues. So I'm not sure being close to that will help him.

Reaction Score
Eh, the writing has been on the wall for a little while now. To be honest, as time has gone on, his ranking has dropped, and we've heard words like "raw" and "project" associated with him, this is looking like less and less of a loss.

Reaction Score
The general consensus seems to be that his support network is one of his biggest issues. So I'm not sure being close to that will help him.
Which is weird, because wasn't he taken in to an incredibly well-off family like in the Michael Oher story?

Reaction Score
Kudos to the staff for handling it the right way so no hard feelings!

Also love that it was handled early so they had time to scout Richards and the other center and be ahead of the game. Really impressed with their foresight on this so we aren't scrambling to get a kid not really equipped to play at this level late in the game.

Best of luck to Zach, no hard feelings by anyone on this one.

Reaction Score
I'm real disappointed by this I was stoked to get a kid of his size I get circumstances weren't great but I was hopeful he'd turn it around I'll never get grown men bashing 17 year olds on this site
What leads you to believe there are all grown / mature men that comment on this site? :confused: ;)

Honestly, is anyone surprised about that?
Obviously there are always a few in the dark. ? :D

No surprise here!
Nope none at all...Love any reference to the bass though. :)

Wow, I'm amazed that most of you saw this coming. You guys did a good job hiding that knowledge when he left Putnam Science, as it seemed like everyone thought that him leaving Putnam had zero effect on his stance with UConn. Am I the only one surprised by this?
Nope, there are always folks surprised by the most common and or predictable events. Then again to be fair who would think getting tossed out of a prep school for fighting would create a problem? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Take with a grain of salt but the rumor is that ollie say pics of brown taking an escalator.
But seriously brown has a car crash running his recruiting. Best of luck...

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
This clown was an embarrassment to even consider a recruit. Ollie has really lowered the bar with this one. Everything in this kid's history screamed, "stay away". I expect to see him at Kentucky, Louisville, or one of those Florida basketball factories.
Watch the name calling internet tough guy

Reaction Score

Its actually the kids temper that seems to be the main issue.
  • The rumor that he punched a ref 2 years ago.
  • In December he got suspended by the Florida High School basketball committee people for fighting.
  • He transfers to Putnam in Jan. and then right away he gets kicked out of Putnam for fighting.
The pattern is clear.

Reaction Score
Brown will find another place to play basketball and UConn will sign more players. Brown's future is a much more important issue and I hope things go well for him moving forward. He has already been through a lot.

Reaction Score
Big Ern brings a lot to the board that quite a few of us enjoy. Especially when using sanity as a weapon against those having temper tantrums.

He gets overzealous sometimes and needs to be smacked down from time to time, but I do like him. And any of the "I'm not allowed to say anything negative" complaints deserve what they get . . .

Reaction Score
Which is weird, because wasn't he taken in to an incredibly well-off family like in the Michael Oher story?
This from the recruiting analyst from TOS who handles Florida:

According to multiple sources, unfortunately for Zach, very few positive things happened after his guardian transferred him from Miami Beach High School to Miami High School.

That's not an indictment of MHS per se, more about poor decisions by one adult.

I am actually very concerned about Zach.

I also have to give Coach Ollie a lot of credit for hanging in there with the young man for so long. Several big programs started backing off him around April 2015, and not because of poor play.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

I honestly got worried after this tweet. After watching the Vice doc it was clear that his mother was not looking out for his best interests. You can't blame a kid for wanting to stay close to family, but that family seemed toxic.

Reaction Score
When I saw that video documentary with him in it, i was concerned about him. But he said all the right things and at the end of the day I thought hey if Ollie wants him, there must be something there that I cant see. Looks like Ollie is saying, i thought there was something there to work with, but this kid isnt meeting me half way. Sounds like Zach throw away a great opportunity. hopefully for him, in spite of his home life drama he can do something positive with his life.

Reaction Score
Brown will find another place to play basketball and UConn will sign more players. Brown's future is a much more important issue and I hope things go well for him moving forward. He has already been through a lot.

Well stated Danzz.

C

Chief00

I wish I could find the thread, but there was a post here weeks ago that said we had cooled on Zach and were looking to move on.
I said weeks ago it wasn't playing out well. No news here today - the cards had already been dealt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom