UConn parts ways with Zach Brown | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn parts ways with Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow, I'm amazed that most of you saw this coming. You guys did a good job hiding that knowledge when he left Putnam Science, as it seemed like everyone thought that him leaving Putnam had zero effect on his stance with UConn.

Am I the only one surprised by this?

Count me in as surprised. It's been a tumultuous few months for Brown, but I thought the reason he wanted to come to UCONN was for the "family atmosphere" and stability that is promoted and that he seemed to have been lacking in his own life. I don't see him at one of the one and done factories. Maybe he'll go to UF or Miami to be closer to his family.

Reaction Score
I'm real disappointed by this I was stoked to get a kid of his size I get circumstances weren't great but I was hopeful he'd turn it around I'll never get grown men bashing 17 year olds on this site

Reaction Score
Perhaps I'm mistaken. I just don't recall anyone saying that they wouldn't be surprised if Brown left. Then again, it sounds more like UConn decommitted from Brown, rather than vice versa. On top of that, I remember someone from Brown's circle saying that Ollie was still committed to Brown even after the Putnam debacle. Either way, I'm sure we can find a suitable replacement.

Kinda hard to say anything like that on this board as you risk getting flamed for negative comments. It's a catch 22. Say what you really feel and have BY go bonkers calling saying your not a real fan. Honestly, who didn't see this coming but posting it is just not worth the headache. Wish the board was actually a discussion board.

Reaction Score
Kinda hard to say anything like that on this board as you risk getting flamed for negative comments. It's a catch 22. Say what you really feel and have BY go bonkers calling saying your not a real fan. Honestly, who didn't see this coming but posting it is just not worth the headache. Wish the board was actually a discussion board.

You don't seem to be making a distinction between a simple discussion of the facts of what the staff is doing and discussions about what they should be doing. In the case of ZB, no one should have an issue with people merely discussing what the staff appears to be doing, and I didn't see anyone having an issue with it. If people felt that they wanted to talk about why the staff should or shouldn't have backed off of him, it can be done without hurtful speculation.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Kind of a disappointment but I agree that there was a growing uncertainty on this young man by the posts on this board.
We knew he had a troubled background. Big move from Fla to New England. Trouble in school etc. This shows instability
which of course is "normal" coming from a dysfunctional background. I think the rigors of playing basketball at the UConn
level requires pretty much "all you got" and it is going to be hard. You can only give a kid so much support. I have a feeling
that others have strongly suspected this and perhaps didn't want to post it all over the place while the kid was still a commit.
I really hope he gets the help perhaps that he needs and finds a place where he can grow and become stable. Sounds like KO
and staff were cooperative and, being a family, wished him the best in finding the family where he can shine. Looks like he
could have a bright future if he can get what he needs so he can find himself and give it all he has inside.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Huh? Plenty of people expressed their concern about ZB's recruitment and expressed skepticism that he would ever be a Husky. Nobody got flamed.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
This development is disappointing, wish him well. Personally I never expected to see Brown in a UConn jersey after seeing the Vice doc on him, but we all know those types of sentiments can't be expressed on the Boneyard: the official UConn discussion board.

Reaction Score
I was always concerned with his purported 'immaturity issues', like punching a ref or getting in a fight with teammates, not to mention his age for being a junior in hs ( 19?).

Reaction Score
There was never anything released as an article or quote or anything. It was mostly just people inferring from KO's and the staff's behavior that we were less interested in him. Given his incidents people were speculating that we were backing off of him. That's all.
I wish I could find the thread, but there was a post here weeks ago that said we had cooled on Zach and were looking to move on.

Reaction Score
This development is disappointing, wish him well. Personally I never expected to see Brown in a UConn jersey after seeing the Vice doc on him, but we all know those types of sentiments can't be expressed on the Boneyard: the official UConn discussion board.

Other than maybe your boy JimOllie, I can't imagine there are too many people who aren't tired of your incessant whining. You're oppressed because you express stupid thoughts and people call them what they are. We get it.

caw

Reaction Score
I wish I could find the thread, but there was a post here weeks ago that said we had cooled on Zach and were looking to move on.
Nearly a month ago it was also mentioned on the other site by Ozzie, easy to find there with the limited traffic on that page

Reaction Score
Nearly a month ago it was also mentioned on the other site by Ozzie, easy to find there with the limited traffic on that page
Ah thanks, I must have read it there. I just remember it was very specific, and phrased in a way that made it clear the poster wasn't just throwing out some random guess. Makes sense that it was Ozzie.

Reaction Score

You don't seem to grasp the concept of "discussion" if you bristle at the idea of people not agreeing with something you toss out here.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Other than maybe your boy JimOllie, I can't imagine there are too many people who aren't tired of your incessant whining. You're oppressed because you express stupid thoughts and people call them what they are. We get it.
HAHAHAHA! Have you ever actually expressed a thought of your own? Your 15 minutes of fame here came and went when you got thrown out of that Maryland game, that was your highlight buddy. I welcome you to point out some of my thoughts that you found so stupid Big, please go ahead.

Actually the problem is that there is a dynamic on this board where there's a select group who feel the need to police opinions and thus create an air of hostility where frank discussion about things like ZB cannot occur. This thread is proof of that, so many people saying they saw this coming but when you go back to the original Brown thread no one said anything about it for obvious reasons.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 73

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I was always concerned with his purported 'immaturity issues', like punching a ref or getting in a fight with teammates, not to mention his age for being a junior in hs ( 19?).
You and me both on this
Too many questions too many questionable actions
Better off without the chance of a real issue at UConn
I wish the kid luck

Reaction Score
Huh? Plenty of people expressed their concern about ZB's recruitment and expressed skepticism that he would ever be a Husky. Nobody got flamed.

I am talking general. If you say anything contrary to the to the Uconn everything is great mind frame it's frowned upon. If you haven't noticed that then I can't help you.

Reaction Score
In other news Zag just reported it as Brown decommits from Uconn. He gets worse every week. Between his misinformed stories, wrong info and spelling mistakes not sure why I am still following him.

Reaction Score
I am talking general. If you say anything contrary to the to the Uconn everything is great mind frame it's frowned upon. If you haven't noticed that then I can't help you.
Youre still probably convinced enoch should have started all last year, right? despite all those clueless minutes he ticked

Reaction Score
In other news Zag just reported it as Brown decommits from Uconn. He gets worse every week. Between his misinformed stories, wrong info and spelling mistakes not sure why I am still following him.

I was just gonna say this. No mention that it was a mutual split. The guy is a total joke. Painfully obvious that he is anti-UConn.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
What the hell did he even say to warrant this response? Other than your super cool MSG meltdown all you ever bring to this board is being a huge . We get it, you're snarky.

Reaction Score
Youre still probably convinced enoch should have started all last year, right? despite all those clueless minutes he ticked

I guess you haven't watched the clueless minutes of the people in front of him logged for their careers. Is he a finished product no. Is he our best scoring big, yes. No sense wasting him on the bench when it was quite obvious he is the future.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I guess you haven't watched the clueless minutes of the people in front of him logged for their careers. Is he a finished product no. Is he our best scoring big, yes. No sense wasting him on the bench when it was quite obvious he is the future.
I don't think he should have started, but he definitely should have gotten more playing time, especially in nothing games and with Brimah out. Can't help but feel like he would have developed more if he saw more minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom