UConn parts ways with Zach Brown | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn parts ways with Zach Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good, better now then later and we have no other options. We're in the mix with dome other bigs.

Reaction Score
This clown was an embarrassment to even consider a recruit. Ollie has really lowered the bar with this one. Everything in this kid's history screamed, "stay away". I expect to see him at Kentucky, Louisville, or one of those Florida basketball factories.

Reaction Score
This clown was an embarrassment to even consider a recruit. Ollie has really lowered the bar with this one. Everything in this kid's history screamed, "stay away". I expect to see him at Kentucky, Louisville, or one of those Florida basketball factories.

How did Zach Brown hurt you? And how did Ollie "lower the bar" with a player that was never signed, enrolled or suited up for UConn?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Cool, blaming a kid for his background. You're an awesome dude. He had his flaws but all things considered he seemed like a really good kid.

Reaction Score
Lowered the bar to get a top 20 player. Okay.

Reaction Score
How did Zach Brown hurt you? And how did Ollie "lower the bar" with a player that was never signed, enrolled or suited up for UConn?
Looks like he just has an issue with KO. Only two posts on the men's board, and the other one is this:

"If Calhoun was still coaching, DH would be picking splinters out of his back side for a very long time."

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Wow, I'm amazed that most of you saw this coming. You guys did a good job hiding that knowledge when he left Putnam Science, as it seemed like everyone thought that him leaving Putnam had zero effect on his stance with UConn.

Am I the only one surprised by this?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We lose a top 30 kid and that is no big deal here but signing a kid who's barely top 250 is a huge get?

Did you want Mike Noyes occupying the minutes Vital will now have? Didn't think so.

Reaction Score
Wow, I'm amazed that most of you saw this coming. You guys did a good job hiding that knowledge when he left Putnam Science, as it seemed like everyone thought that him leaving Putnam had zero effect on his stance with UConn.

I thought there was a chance, but it only became more apparent during the April live periods when KO and the other UConn staff skipped out on Brown's games and watched other prospects instead.

Reaction Score
We lose a top 30 kid and that is no big deal here but signing a kid who's barely top 250 is a huge get?
He won't be ranked top 30 much longer. Kid is just a big body with very little skill.

Reaction Score

This has come up in various recruiting threads. Maybe you just aren't delving into all of them?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

We must have different memories, because I remember a lot of people around here thinking that meant he was likely done at UConn.

Reaction Score
So what were his 'issues'. Not ever day a top 30 bails, or whatever really happened.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not everyone wants to throw a kid under the bus either....but my memory is same is krinklecut...don't know anyone who felt good about him showing up on campus after being suspended twice at two different schools in what was close to a month's time.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This has come up in various recruiting threads. Maybe you just aren't delving into all of them?
We must have different memories, because I remember a lot of people around here thinking that meant he was likely done at UConn.
Perhaps I'm mistaken. I just don't recall anyone saying that they wouldn't be surprised if Brown left. Then again, it sounds more like UConn decommitted from Brown, rather than vice versa. On top of that, I remember someone from Brown's circle saying that Ollie was still committed to Brown even after the Putnam debacle. Either way, I'm sure we can find a suitable replacement.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
So what were his 'issues'. Not ever day a top 30 bails, or whatever really happened.
He had a rough upbringing and had a lot of different people from very different walks of life talking in his ear. He seemed to be very conflicted in multiple ways, and was still (reasonably) attached to his upbringing, which was less than savory.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Something's embarrassing here.

Reaction Score
Perhaps I'm mistaken. I just don't recall anyone saying that they wouldn't be surprised if Brown left. Then again, it sounds more like UConn decommitted from Brown, rather than vice versa. On top of that, I remember someone from Brown's circle saying that Ollie was still committed to Brown even after the Putnam debacle. Either way, I'm sure we can find a suitable replacement.

There was never anything released as an article or quote or anything. It was mostly just people inferring from KO's and the staff's behavior that we were less interested in him. Given his incidents people were speculating that we were backing off of him. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom