uconn opens as a 3.5 favorite | The Boneyard

uconn opens as a 3.5 favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I watched them play the other night against Oklahome, Oklahoma State? I was not impressed at all. You never know.

Reaction Score
They have some athletes, some up and down players as far as shooting the ball but they seem to be lacking solid coaching. But if they're making shots they will be a load to handle, the new kid Wiley is just a pup but there's a lot of game there too.

Reaction Score
Auburn fan here, we are incredibly young 8/10 top minutes come from FR/SO (4FR starting lineup v OU) We definitely struggle with fundamentals due to the youth and can look extremely sloppy.

That said, against OU it was even worse as 2 starters were suspended for the game. We still built a 17 pt lead in the second half and held the lead for the entire game

Reaction Score
To add, our players can be idiots so the following things can cause them to breakdown

-Trying to outshoot a slump
-Adding NBA 3PT line since they think they're Kobe
-Selling out vs the 3 /DGAF about our nonexistent post offense
-Don't turn ball over

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Auburn fan here, we are incredibly young 8/10 top minutes come from FR/SO (4FR starting lineup v OU) We definitely struggle with fundamentals due to the youth and can look extremely sloppy.

That said, against OU it was even worse as 2 starters were suspended for the game. We still built a 17 pt lead in the second half and held the lead for the entire game
Ah, I didn't know you had two players out. Looks like it will be a tough game.

Reaction Score
Ah, I didn't know you had two players out. Looks like it will be a tough game.

I grew up around Big East basketball, generally speaking I can recognize good teams

I wouldn't call Auburn good, as much as incredibly high ceiling. Talent wise they can ball with almost anyone, they just also can drop the ball against a Boston College

Reaction Score
Pretty much a mirror image of this years Uconn squad, young and unpredictable.

Reaction Score
I read some article where ollie said he wants to pound the ball inside, he wants to use the same strategy vs auburn that he used vs a north florida. I just find that funny, auburn has way bigger dudes compared to unf. I also have no clue when he went from a guards coach to a guy who wants to feature big men. this is going to be a tough tough game...

Reaction Score
I read some article where ollie said he wants to pound the ball inside, he wants to use the same strategy vs auburn that he used vs a north florida. I just find that funny, auburn has way bigger dudes compared to unf. I also have no clue when he went from a guards coach to a guy who wants to feature big men.
Even pass-heavy NFL offenses want to establish the run if possible. What KO is talking about isn't "featuring" bigs.

Reaction Score
Even pass-heavy NFL offenses want to establish the run if possible.

thing is, guards have been pretty bad too. He also had some strange quote, "Yeah, they're going to turn it over," Ollie said. "But [guards] are turning it over more than Amida's turning it over, so don't get discouraged when Amida turns it over more than two times."

Breaking: guards turn the ball over more because they actual have to deal with ball handling duties. You can't equivocate big man live ball turnovers to guards tos. I mean, why not teach the bigs how to set screens? He's prioritized playing through the bigs over freeing up looks for his perimeter players with good action.

Reaction Score
I read some article where ollie said he wants to pound the ball inside, he wants to use the same strategy vs auburn that he used vs a north florida...

That honestly is the strategy to beat us. Our two losses are almost entirely due to being dominated in the paint.

We play a stretch 4 ~30min. Danjel Purifoy is an absolute monster when "on" but he still is a post defense/rebounding liability vs any post player with a pulse

Purifoy can be incredible but streaky. Leads the team in 3s made shooting 40.3%. He plays on the perimeter and has the ability to drive the lane as well

Has scored 25+ in a ton of games. Often shooting 3s for about 15-18pts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger