UConn Offers Arkeel Newsome | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Offers Arkeel Newsome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great news!! It was going to happen sooner or later. The important thing will be passing through Clearinghouse. Hopefully it's in the works. He is a tremendous talent with a very dynamic skill set. He's bigger then he looks and is as fast and shifty as advertised.

Reaction Score
Awesome news!! He must have been impressive at Camp.

Reaction Score
In on him early....never a bad thing. Hopefully it won't take him as long to accept that offer. Congrats to Arkeel! A testament to his hard work.

Reaction Score
Great news!! It was going to happen sooner or later. The important thing will be passing through Clearinghouse. Hopefully it's in the works. He is a tremendous talent with a very dynamic skill set. He's bigger then he looks and is as fast and shifty as advertised.
Hope he stays healthy and into the books.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
He is a good student. With ansonia hs to be honest some of ghe lower programs credit eise are not college acceptable. I dont thonk newsome will have any issues like dobbs did for mult reasons.

Reaction Score
We've had some good backs, but I think he'd do very well here. Perfect timing for his skills in a couple of years. Exciting runner.

Reaction Score
He is a good student. With ansonia hs to be honest some of the lower programs credit wise are not college acceptable. I dont think newsome will have any issues like dobbs did for mult reasons.

I spoke to someone close to Newsome who echoed your statement. He is a good student and will be fine academically. Arkeel recognizes the doors that will be opened and works hard both on and off the field. As for the camp, he did very well, the staff was impressed. He has very fluid hips. The staff compares him to Lyle McCombs. Not a bad comparison, similar size (Newsome measured, 5'8, 181.) and speed (between 4.4 and 4.5), considering Arkeel is only entering his junior year of high school. It's going to be fun following his recruitment and development over the next two years. He has a great work ethic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
imagine the stats he would have if the "Cochran Rule " wasnt in place?

Eh even without the rule they would have the backups in. Unless they were hellbent on running up his stats it doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom