UConn needs to bring in a guard for next year, JUCO, Grad transfer, whatever | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn needs to bring in a guard for next year, JUCO, Grad transfer, whatever

Reaction Score
Watched a highlight video of his last week and I have to say I'm surprised that he's ranked as high as he is. Nothing from that reel suggested he could step into a high-level D1 team... but then again, it's just highlights, so who knows?

I take it you do not hold him in high esteem?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I take it you do not hold him in high esteem?
His release was low and slow, his athleticism looked purely north-south, and he didn't seem to have much of a handle. Looked very much like a project rather than a guy who could come in and help right away.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
His release was low and slow, his athleticism looked purely north-south, and he didn't seem to have much of a handle. Looked very much like a project rather than a guy who could come in and help right away.

He has some D1 tools. For example, I like his stroke from 3. Very nice release, probably why he's moving up. After this year, I wouldn't mind someone coming in who can really shoot right from day 1. Also, he's got a young looking body, one that you would think will develop some speed and strength going forward, and may even have some growing left to do. Can't tell much more from these highlights. There's an assistant originally from Georgia, I believe, one who might be able to find out more.

Reaction Score

I was trying to pun. Estime-Esteem. Get it?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Potential 2017-18 Postgrad Watch

tumblr_n4l3etCgTn1qzl109o1_500.gif

What a great show that is.

Reaction Score
I am still very thrilled about Adams, Larrier, Gilbert and Vance, I think finding quality big men is our most pressing need.

Reaction Score
And off the bench is...

MAL off the ball? Really could use a shooter against zones and the like.

Vital should be a bench, roll player, back up

Reaction Score
I'd love to get 2 grad transfers, one of which is a big that can play 25+ minutes and then a 2/3 who can shoot and play anywhere from 5-15 minutes depending on the match up and if shots are falling...basically a Kromah type but with a different skill set.

Reaction Score
Looking back at things, Myles Powell was a big recruiting miss.

When you look at the top 100 or whatever, you often can't see the forest for the trees. He was outside the top 100 and didn't have many offers until later on. He was wooed to UConn but chose Seton Hall instead, and he ended up at 81.

He would have been the perfect player for this year's team and the next 2 years.

Undersized shooting guard though.

Reaction Score
Olden said there's a real good chance he goes to Uconn , and he plans to commit in a month or so.

Reaction Score
4 guards are not enough.

Jalen, Alterique, Vital and MAL are not enough for next year.

It needs one more, preferably a spot up shooter from Moldova.

You're such a hypocrite! Ollie needs to do what now? You go thread to thread with different personalities. You need to cheer for a different team, UConn fans have had enough of you. We need a 5th guard? Where do you get off questioning Ollie?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I kinda think 3 is enough, 4 is plenty and 5 is too many

a solid 7 man rotation is enough to win, 8 is ideal

Reaction Score
I kinda think 3 is enough, 4 is plenty and 5 is too many

a solid 7 man rotation is enough to win, 8 is ideal
The problem is of the 4 we have none can shoot consistantly. We need a guard who can shoot to space the floor

Reaction Score
Looking back at things, Myles Powell was a big recruiting miss.

When you look at the top 100 or whatever, you often can't see the forest for the trees. He was outside the top 100 and didn't have many offers until later on. He was wooed to UConn but chose Seton Hall instead, and he ended up at 81.

He would have been the perfect player for this year's team and the next 2 years.

Undersized shooting guard though.

I think our biggest miss, based on his overall instincts on both ends, was Chris Clarke. He's getting 12/7.7/3.6 and shooting 61/64/33 on his splits. Kid is just a basketball player period, a thinker, an athlete, a kid who makes others around him better - just what we need.

But also Myles Powell would have helped no doubt.

Reaction Score
I like olden a lot. He seems like a great athlete who can form a serous 1-2 punch with adams ( if he is still around, if not then Gilbert ). You just have to pray Enoch wakes up one day in the summer a basketball player and not an aloof 6'10 heavy footed negative on the court. Staff needs to do a much better job with player development going into next year, even when fully healthy we looked pretty garbage.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The problem is of the 4 we have none can shoot consistantly. We need a guard who can shoot to space the floor
Freshmen improve when they become sophomores. Look at Jalen's shooting % last year compared to this year.

I bet Vital and Jackson both hit ~38% from 3 next season, as long as Jalen is back to feed them.

Reaction Score
I like olden a lot. He seems like a great athlete who can form a serous 1-2 punch with adams ( if he is still around, if not then Gilbert ). You just have to pray Enoch wakes up one day in the summer a basketball player and not an aloof 6'10 heavy footed negative on the court. Staff needs to do a much better job with player development going into next year, even when fully healthy we looked pretty garbage.

Agree would be a very nice experienced addition to next years team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom