UConn National Championship Pregame Press Conference | The Boneyard

UConn National Championship Pregame Press Conference

Reaction Score
Better make this one a WIN to remember. This game will stamp this team with the credit they deserve. The last chance for all us to be together in game setting.

Reaction Score
Yes is definitely an old soul. Walks into press conference with a basketball, doesn't have headphones on when getting on a flight and just does the normal high five during player introductions. I will miss Cam and this team next year.
Being at the elite 8 game Cam was only one who wore his jersey no warmup shirt in the warmups I’m talking warmups with about 50 minutes till game time.

Reaction Score
Painter's presser is actually a good listen.
Agree. Matt Painter is a well spoken, decent and honest person. Purdue is lucky to have him.

That said, I’ll keep Danny. Matt fits the Midwest nice vibe and Danny is our northeast version.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Painter's presser is actually a good listen.

I was seriously underwhelmed by Painter. I had never heard Painter speak before, but had respected his record at Purdue and assumed he was pretty sharp.

Why did he spend the first 5 minutes of his press conference complaining about unnamed coaches he thinks are cheating? Why does he care about that? It is the NIL era, so it isn’t cheating anymore, and he is coaching one of 2 teams still playing. Is this really what he wants to talk about?

Then he riffs about how scorers can screw up on defense? He doesn’t mention the word “efficiency” once when he discusses his team, even though they are an incredible 3 point shooting team. Is that an accident, does he not realize that his team is doing this, or is he putting us on? Is it possible that a one-in-ten years player picked Purdue and was able to draw a strong supporting cast to that program despite a coach that isn’t that impressive? I don’t know, but Painter seems pretty average.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Why did he spend the first 5 minutes of his press conference complaining about unnamed coaches he thinks are cheating? Why does he care about that? It is the NIL era, so it isn’t cheating anymore, and he is coaching one of 2 teams still playing. Is this really what he wants to talk about?
Even in the NIL era, I think most coaches consider poaching players prior to the portal opening to be cheating. Our own HC says the same.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
At 15:05, DH claims UConn would be where they are currently had they not gone to the BE and stayed in the AAC.

I love our chief maniac, his personality, his family, the culture he's built, the choices he's made regarding roster, and of course his abilities in-game. Up to this point, I haven't questioned his methods, antics, or public statements, but I believe he's full of crap on that one.

I'm somewhat surprised there isn't a new thread specifically addressing that statement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom