Uconn MVPs and working on their game. | The Boneyard

Uconn MVPs and working on their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
On a week that starts with such positive recruiting news, I was thinking about what makes Uconn so special for talented kids and I think Stewarts comments after her second straight FF MVP award is the key:
'I really need to work on my ball handling!' which sort of echoes Maya's 'I really need to work on rebounding, and my post up game' at the end of the second straight undefeated year and win #78 in a row.

I know I don't follow other teams and players as closely as I do Uconn, but I don't remember seeing similar reports about other great college players being so focused on adding to their games and recognizing their weaknesses. When the team's (and nation's) best player is so focused on not the glory that just happened but the preparation for the next season, it is contagious to the rest of the team.

And it is not an accident, but a coaching philosophy. The Uconn staff is all about striving and not settling, not doing just the easy stuff, but getting the best players to be better day after day.

The secret to the post season success is the process of regular season and tournament time. It has been said in different ways by players and coaches but boils down to: during the regular season the players are reminded daily of what they are not doing well, during the tournament they are reminded of everything they are doing really well. Regular season = break down their games, Tournament = build them back up. And then repeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom