American Athletic Tournament
Sat., Nov. 7 American Athletic Quarterfinals TBA TBA
Fri., Nov. 13 American Athletic Semifinals Tampa, Fla. TBA
Sun., Nov. 15 American Athletic Championship Tampa, Fla. TBA

#Exhibition game
*Conference game
spacer.gif

Reaction Score
Weak schedule except for the trip down to SMU. Expect atleast 14 wins and #1 seed in AAC tourney. This Uconn team might be as good as any they have put on the field in the last 10 years.

Reaction Score
Weak schedule except for the trip down to SMU. Expect atleast 14 wins and #1 seed in AAC tourney. This Uconn team might be as good as any they have put on the field in the last 10 years.

Providence did make the Soccer Final Four last season, so I'm thinking the Friars might have a good team unless everyone graduated.

There is a lot of good returning talent on Ray Reid's squad, but there is a notable lack of returning players who can put the ball in the back of the net. Cyle Larin, Ethan Vanacure-Decker, and Adria Beso Marco were their top three goal leaders on the team, and they are all now gone from Storrs. As usual Ray Reid hasn't issued a press release yet on the newcomers to the team, so I have no idea what sort of talent he has coming into the program. Let's hope he has some top notch offensive players coming in.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I can put Providence on the same level as Uconn. They did lose 8 seniors this past year, 7 starters.

Cyle is a big loss but did only play in half of the games last year due to injury. Ethan was a mis fit on this team. Uconn teams are built on defense an possession and he was a me first player that couldn't hold the ball and was terribly inaccurate when trying to put the ball on net. From the rumblings it was is unwillingness to take direction that lead to his transfer to Louisville. Adria is a different story. Maybe one of the most under appreciated players in awhile, he controlled the midfield and will be tough to replace.

When it comes to the recruits and internationals that Ray has coming in next month. All I can say is just wait... You will be excited!

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I can put Providence on the same level as Uconn. They did lose 8 seniors this past year, 7 starters.

Cyle is a big loss but did only play in half of the games last year due to injury. Ethan was a mis fit on this team. Uconn teams are built on defense an possession and he was a me first player that couldn't hold the ball and was terribly inaccurate when trying to put the ball on net. From the rumblings it was is unwillingness to take direction that lead to his transfer to Louisville. Adria is a different story. Maybe one of the most under appreciated players in awhile, he controlled the midfield and will be tough to replace.

When it comes to the recruits and internationals that Ray has coming in next month. All I can say is just wait... You will be excited!

UConn doesn't lose too many talented players due to transfer. I had been wondering why Vanacure Decker left, so that would answer that question. As for the recruiting, Reid usually does bring in some talented players from all over, so hopefully you are right. Like I said, there is usually no news on them until right before the season starts. With all the young players they had on the team last season, UConn just needs some goal scorers to be a very good team again that is capable of going deep into the NCAA tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom