UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The timing of this makes no sense to me. Maybe you rebrand to commemorate joining a new conference. But not now. We'd basically be creating "small-time conference Jonathan." There's equity in the current logo. This is not the time to be trying to build a new brand.

Reaction Score
Just visited the Washington Huskies site. Seems as though they have streamlined the block W on their helmets and have dropped the husky head from their branding.
sports_college_university-of-washington-huskies.gif

Reaction Score
I agree to harmonize the brand across all sports team; but, I like the ‘traditional’ Husky head as it has not changed in 20+ years (except for the red tongue). Please also get rid of those ‘special’ Nike red & Grey women’s hoops uniforms from last year.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
So many folks afraid of change. It's not always bad, you know. Let's take a look at what they come up with before we pan it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So many folks afraid of change. It's not always bad, you know. Let's take a look at what they come up with before we pan it.

You are talking about an athletic department that literally hasn't done a single thing right as far back as I can remember.

Reaction Score
1) Ditch the red
2) Ditch all the 'UC' logos
3) Goes with 2, but the men's and women's basketball logos are different. Use the football block C on their uniforms
4) I think a 'mean' looking Husky would be tacky. I would like a modernized version of this - not the cartoonish looking one we have now.

UConn%2BLogo%2B2.GIF

I could not disagree anymore (I mean...literally, I hate every single point here.)

Reaction Score
As much as I love the huskies we are bottom of NCAA in terms of a logo husky. Sorry. Needs to go.

Northern Illinois much better hope fully we come up with one better than theirs

Bottom of NCAA - we have one of the most recognizable logos! That's what matters!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Really, how long have you lived in "the land of steady habits?"

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I love the idea of changing the logo. I won't buy anything that has the cute cuddly Husky puppy with his tongue hanging out.

Someone mentioned the Gator logo....they used to have a friendly looking Gator and they changed it to the current Gator. Gator fans barely remember the old logo, and I am sure those of you who don't like the change won't remember the cute cuddly puppy dog a couple years after it is changed.

Then again...that assumes the new one isn't awful....

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Malemutes are bigger and more bitey than huskies, which my hand can testify to. I look forward to an Elvis-like husky head, along the lines of what the Patriots did.

Reaction Score
If I were Herbst I'd narrow the choices to two (or three) and email several photos of mock ups on various merchandise to every alum for a vote. Participtory fans are happier fans. This is more than a freshening of the image. It will drive sales of merchandise as we all go after the new look. While I like the current Jonathan, this is another example of how proactive Herbst is in forcing new thinking on campus. Can you imagine Hogan and Hathaway doing this?

Reaction Score
Thank goodness we're updating it...

Really liked when Washington went to this one:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 155

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
No need to over think this. Elevate the block C to the primary logo for all sports and keep the husky as a secondary logo. Done.

Except the Husky suit needs to be replaced. Wearing FB and BB unis to.cover various tears and whatnot isn't fooling anyone.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I actually think this is a good idea. Look how much buzz Oregon and Maryland receive from their revolving closet of uniform choices. Rutgers received some press over their black uniforms and "FAMILY" on the back of their jerseys. For whatever reason, uniform changes create buzz and keep a school talked about. Right now, we need UConn talked about by as many people as possible to remind folks (read: Jim Delany) that we are available.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
1) Ditch the red
2) Ditch all the 'UC' logos
3) Goes with 2, but the men's and women's basketball logos are different. Use the football block C on their uniforms
4) I think a 'mean' looking Husky would be tacky. I would like a modernized version of this - not the cartoonish looking one we have now.

UConn%2BLogo%2B2.GIF

Bingo. The "UC / C with ball" crap is awful. I could do without #4 from your list, but we'll see.

Reaction Score
If I were Herbst I'd narrow the choices to two (or three) and email several photos of mock ups on various merchandise to every alum for a vote. Participtory fans are happier fans. This is more than a freshening of the image. It will drive sales of merchandise as we all go after the new look. While I like the current Jonathan, this is another example of how proactive Herbst is in forcing new thinking on campus. Can you imagine Hogan and Hathaway doing this?

Let Burton make the call. Isn't this more important than when Edsall was replaced?

Reaction Score
I cannot stress enough how generic the block C looks. You might like the look, but if it's not going to bring nationwide recognition (I really don't think it will) then its useless.

Logos are about branding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger