UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed | Page 16 | The Boneyard

UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://advance.uconn.edu/2000/000313/000313hs.htm

"It had been found that using PANTONE© 289 was problematic, particularly in print publications - National Flag Blue is so dark as to be barely indistinguishable from black in some printing. For the new standards, a slightly lighter shade of blue - PANTONE© 281 - was adopted as the new shade of blue in the visual identity program."

Wonder if the change codifies it any different on the go-forward?

I see no issue with a lighter shade of blue, i.e. Flag to Navy blue, as long as UConn does not go to neon blue, e.g. the current shade of green on ND’s basketball teams. Damn, those uniforms should be shredded.

Reaction Score
So in the video that showed the new logo getting cut out with a laser, there also seemed to be something else that they were making with a 3-d printer. It seemed to have a blue base and white was being added onto it. Anyone else get the feeling that's got the new Jonathan logo it somewhere, and a later video will show them finishing it?

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Give it up, black is in no way going to be part of the UConn color scheme going forward... Blue and White are primary, Red and Gray will be secondary, easy as that.

I'm not a big fan of the black uni movement. I just think it is funny that we have a shade of blue that is confused with black & we move away from it.

I don't care which shade we go with in the dark blue family - just stick with one shade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom