UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn Mascot Change: Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
April 18th - sounds like they're trying to synch the logo release date with the Blue-White game the same weekend. Guessing they'll be handing out posters, 2013 sports schedules, etc., and maybe selling merchandise with the new logo on it - a good opportunity to start marketing it to the locals.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
April 18th - sounds like they're trying to synch the logo release date with the Blue-White game the same weekend. Guessing they'll be handing out posters, 2013 sports schedules, etc., and maybe selling merchandise with the new logo on it - a good opportunity to start marketing it to the locals.

I want schedule refrigerator magnets. Everybody at work loves 'em.

Reaction Score

"Official" Groundbreaking Ceremony for UConn Basketball Development Center is the April 16th I think... makes sense.

Reaction Score
I wonder if knowing about the change so far ahead of time will help people embrace the new logo. Personally after reading some of these threads i'll be happy if it resembles a dog .

Reaction Score
I wonder if knowing about the change so far ahead of time will help people embrace the new logo. Personally after reading some of these threads i'll be happy if it resembles a dog .
Sorry partial, I've heard the mascot is going be a chubby kid. He will look mean, however, and he'll be yelling "I'm not fat! My mom says I'm Husky!"

Reaction Score
Sorry partial, I've heard the mascot is going be a chubby kid. He will look mean, however, and he'll be yelling "I'm not fat! My mom says I'm Husky!"

There was a logo in the google link with a husky husky. The Canadian Huskies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do we really need yet another FAKE logo running around? Argh.
Hmnn. I'm going with yes, yes we do.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
im-not-fat.-im-just-a-little-husky-t-shirt.png

Reaction Score
I just got the opportunity to see the new logo, and all these ones listed so far are most certainly not the new logo. I do think people will like it though. The first thought I had when seeing it is that it still definitely signified "UConn", which I think is the most important thing. People will associate it with our university and our sports teams.

People will see it soon enough, but I think you guys will be happy with it. And as UConn Insider said earlier in this thread, the main reason for the logo change is to make the logos more consistent across sports instead of having each sport essentially have their own variation.

Reaction Score
I just got the opportunity to see the new logo, and all these ones listed so far are most certainly not the new logo. I do think people will like it though. The first thought I had when seeing it is that it still definitely signified "UConn", which I think is the most important thing. People will associate it with our university and our sports teams.

People will see it soon enough, but I think you guys will be happy with it. And as UConn Insider said earlier in this thread, the main reason for the logo change is to make the logos more consistent across sports instead of having each sport essentially have their own variation.

That's good to hear, but honestly I've never seen a current mascot/logo other than Jonathan with red tongue. I had no idea there were even any other versions of the mascot used by other teams at UConn.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
That's good to hear, but honestly I've never seen a current mascot/logo other than Jonathan with red tongue. I had no idea there were even any other versions of the mascot used by other teams at UConn.

Have you ever been to The Rent?

The Jonathan the Husky is featured in 1 spot throughout the entire stadium. (Press box tower).

We've had this current Husky for only around a decade. Time to have one team name "UCONN" and one logo and just plaster those two everywhere.

Reaction Score
It's not just the use of the Jonathan logo. The football team uses the block "C", the men's and women's basketball teams have their own unique logos, etc. What this change will do is unify the logo into something consistent across all sports.

Reaction Score
It's not just the use of the Jonathan logo. The football team uses the block "C", the men's and women's basketball teams have their own unique logos, etc. What this change will do is unify the logo into something consistent across all sports.

Right, but we're talking about the mascot. You could unify the logos and keep the mascot.

Reaction Score
Have you ever been to The Rent?

The Jonathan the Husky is featured in 1 spot throughout the entire stadium. (Press box tower).

We've had this current Husky for only around a decade. Time to have one team name "UCONN" and one logo and just plaster those two everywhere.

I don't think your post addresses anything I wrote. I wrote that I haven't seen any other Jonathans associated with UConn sports (other than the kiddy one on kid's wear). Have you?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Right, but we're talking about the mascot. You could unify the logos and keep the mascot.

The drawn Jonathan is a logo. It is trademarked. The actual dog Jonathan, and the guy/gal in the suit are the mascots.

Reaction Score
I hope they keep the tradition of the white Siberian husky. That would be our distinction from all other Huskies. Can someone ask Ollie on twitter? That's all that really matters.

Reaction Score

The mascot is staying as is. The logo is changing, but the mascot will stay the same.

Reaction Score
The drawn Jonathan is a logo. It is trademarked. The actual dog Jonathan, and the guy/gal in the suit are the mascots.

I don't think you're following the conversation well. We're differentiating between the logo (the words "UConn" and "Connecticut") and the mascot Jonathan. I also don't think you know what a mascot is. A team mascot can be a logo, an object, a person dressed up in a furry suit, etc. The bunny, for instance, is a mascot for Energizer. Just as the bunny is a mascot for Quik! It's all the same and it's all different. What we're talking about here is the dog image versus the words.

Reaction Score
The mascot is staying as is. The logo is changing, but the mascot will stay the same.

I'm talking about the image of the dog.

Why is this so confusing for everyone?

If you want the same logo everywhere, that doesn't prevent you from using the current image of the dog, does it?

Reaction Score
We are still going to use a white Siberian husky. Cool. I am a happy man. (Translated for you, upstater.)

Reaction Score
We are still going to use a white Siberian husky. Cool. I am a happy man. (Translated for you, upstater.)

Oh well, people have lost the entire point.

Backtrack: jfuchs stated that the reason for the new husky is that they wanted a unified logo. I said, why would the old husky prevent a unified logo?

Pretty simple.

Reaction Score
Oh well, people have lost the entire point.

Backtrack: jfuchs stated that the reason for the new husky is that they wanted a unified logo. I said, why would the old husky prevent a unified logo?

Pretty simple.
Players wanted a new logo anyway. That's a good enough reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom