UConn is in big trouble | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn is in big trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess God rooting for WCBB teams is better than some of the stuff you see. My favorite is "I thank God for the victory" after a boxing or MMA match. In other words, "Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to turn my opponent's face into a pizza." :D

Reaction Score
I was going to post something on this as soon as I heard it but had to digest the stupidity a little more. Has SC all of a sudden become a Jesuit school?
Good luck against their next opponent. Either seems to have a little more of that God thing going.
I looked back and cannot find any mention of the earlier in the season butt whipping by UCONN being a gift from God. She thumbed her nose to the gods and her team on the lesson possibly learned on that one.
Funny gal over rated coach in my opinion....OOOPS I better be carefull I think I hear thunder...

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I was going to post something on this as soon as I heard it but had to digest the stupidity a little more. Has SC all of a sudden become a Jesuit school?
Good luck against their next opponent. Either seems to have a little more of that God thing going.
I looked back and cannot find any mention of the earlier in the season butt whipping by UCONN being a gift from God. She thumbed her nose to the gods and her team on the lesson possibly learned on that one.
Funny gal over rated coach in my opinion....OOOPS I better be carefull I think I hear thunder...
No way the Jesuits are thanking God. That's not their style.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
“I don’t give a [expletive] about religion when it comes to sports,” Auriemma said. “In fact, I think it’s stupid [to involve it]. I think everyone that goes on national television, and is asked why do you win, says ‘I want to thank God [for giving them the strength to perform].’ Really? Like God gives a [expletive] that you made 18 jump shots. I have always had a problem with that [thinking]. I have a problem with people showing their religion in public. I have a real problem with that. And I don’t care what religion it is.[\i]

http://articles.courant.com/2014-01...n-20140117_1_catholic-hotel-room-real-problem
I'm not religious so I have to agree with Geno. I've never understood the connection with sports.

Reaction Score
According to Dawn Staley, God is a South Caroline fan.

God is also a Chicago Cubs fan, according to my grandmother.. and we see how that is working out for the Cubs. ;)

Reaction Score
Awww. Have mercy crew. She just won a big, close game. Emotion was talking. I'm sure any Christian, Dawn included, knows God loves us all. I caught the remark too, and thought it inappropriate. I also remember how stressed and relieved Dawn was at the time.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Thing is, the great one is supposed to help those who help themselves, and the Huskies have been helping themselves for twenty years now, even taking second helpings and still stuffing themselves all the way to ninth helpings so far with eyes set hungrily for a tenth. I have heard of a God of Miracles that Dawn may be praying too, but that divinity doesn't show up very often in WCBB in early April, even though it has carried the UConn guys on some nice runs in recent years.

HGN

Reaction Score
Hey guys , lay off Dawn Staley about that statement.......I for one believe her. God was a South Carolina fan and was on their side during their games other than the opening Round won by The Gamecocks by 33. Other than that Round , God was indeed watching over the Gamecocks. Did you see how many games they were behind in and the slim scores they Won by? Who else but God could have put them in the Final Four with winning margins that thin in 3 games ? Heck they were behing by 10 to a good Baylor team and won. They won by 2 against UNC on the last shot. Luck or good play had nothing to do with it..... It had to be God.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wow, I wonder what Notre Dame and Baylor think about this! I would think that they might be thinking they have the edge in this category.
For sure. S Carolina doesn't even have a Touchdown Jesus.

Reaction Score
Awww. Have mercy crew. She just won a big, close game. Emotion was talking. I'm sure any Christian, Dawn included, knows God loves us all. I caught the remark too, and thought it inappropriate. I also remember how stressed and relieved Dawn was at the time.
We do have to take that into account since she is kind of a newbie. However one needs to prepare if wanting to play on bigger stage. I am sure she probably heard earful and will be prepared for next game, win or lose.

Reaction Score
Wow, I wonder what Notre Dame and Baylor think about this! I would think that they might be thinking they have the edge in this category.
With respect to your excellent point, do you think that She has now made Her preferences absolutely clear? Should Yeshiva U. put ND on its schedule for next year?

Reaction Score
Hey guys , lay off Dawn Staley about that statement..I for one believe her. God was a South Carolina fan and was on their side during their games other than the opening Round won by The Gamecocks by 33. Other than that Round , God was indeed watching over the Gamecocks. Did you see how many games they were behind in and the slim scores they Won by? Who else but God could have put them in the Final Four with winning margins that thin in 3 games ? Heck they were behing by 10 to a good Baylor team and won. They won by 2 against UNC on the last shot. Luck or good play had nothing to do with it..... It had to be God.

Uh, maybe it was the player's talent speaking?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
For sure. S Carolina doesn't even have a Touchdown Jesus.

We do have Basketball Jesus; he sits across the aisle from me at MBB games. He is a nurse, a saint to the less privileged and known to many Gamecock fans.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We do have Basketball Jesus; he sits across the aisle from me at MBB games. He is a nurse, a saint to the less privileged and known to many Gamecock fans.
Is he 100 ft tall?

Reaction Score
I think most BYers agree. We're just having some fun at her expense. Dawn Staley is a fine, emotional coach, good for basketball.

HGN

Reaction Score
I think most BYers agree. We're just having some fun at her expense. Dawn Staley is a fine, emotional coach, good for basketball.
You are right NewCorn...........I like Dawn and respect her highly. I was really picking at the Gamecock fans on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom