"UConn is college basketball's premiere college team currently." | The Boneyard

"UConn is college basketball's premiere college team currently."

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i've been thinking will programs like duke,cuse,unc,etc be able to maintain their level when those coaches leave? Calhoun is the greatest college coach imo, he left at the right time and gave the keys to the program to the right guy... those programs may get by on their name but they're going to need a coach to keep them relevant (ucla/indiana)

Reaction Score
UCONN-IronThrone.vadapt.955.medium.6.jpg

Reaction Score
Looking forward to when they won't have to qualify it with "just over a recent stretch."

Reaction Score
Great article but you can tell writer wasn't following CR too closely when he said the Big East forced UConn out of its conference. We didn't go anywhere (which is also problematic).

Reaction Score
"Currently" must be slang for "since 1999."

I'm thinking since the first Elite 8 in 89-90……the depth of their NCAA runs for even the 10 years prior to the first NCAA championship was incredible……and with a couple of bounces here or there they may have had 2-3 more FF's and maybe even another NC or 2……this program has been one of the the best for quite some time bar none but some are just finding out I guess.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking since the first Elite 8 in 89-90……the depth of their NCAA runs for even the 10 years prior to the first NCAA championship was incredible……and with a couple of bounces here or there they may have had 2-3 more FF's and maybe even another NC or 2……this program has been one of the the best for quite some time bar none but some are just finding out I guess.
I dont think its that people are just finding out but more that they are forced to acknowledge us. Thats what happens when you pass traditional powers on the echelon of elite!!!!

Reaction Score
Fox Sports with a bomb article. Interesting I wouldn't mind our inventory ending up on Fox, like in the Big12.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The interesting part is you should have heard this is 2011. 3 titles in 12 years is just as impressive and more than anyone else at the time. Now that it's 4, everyone is all of a sudden impressed?

New coach, APR ban, double double all add to the story but, UConn as the premiere BB program isn't new.

Reaction Score

And right under the picture on top............

"UConn is now the model program for all of college basketball."

I absolutely love it; and I would love to have it sent to the inboxes for Krapascrewdookski,Boeheim,Pitino, and(especially) Calamari. I'm sure any of the Yarders can add names to this list in a flash.

GO HUSKIES!!!
2014 MEN'S & WOMEN'S NATIONAL
BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS!!!
500x377

A LITTLE HISTORY ANYONE?

500x394

Reaction Score
The interesting part is you should have heard this is 2011. 3 titles in 12 years is just as impressive and more than anyone else at the time. Now that it's 4, everyone is all of a sudden impressed?

New coach, APR ban, double double all add to the story but, UConn as the premiere BB program isn't new.

The win over Butler just didn't have the gravitas to push UConn into historical spotlight. That is why I was happy about UK beating Wisconsin. A win over Wisconsin would not feel the same or be interpreted the same by the media or casual fan. Beating UK is a big part of the picture.

Reaction Score

I think this is why they're impressed, when Calhoun stepped down and we were marooned in the AAC, everyone assumed we were on the decline and IF we got back up it would take a decade. The fact that Bazz and Ollie and co. pulled this off now, is simply indescribable. I feel even more confident in the team and program now than I did in 2012 with Drummond and Calhoun still with the keys to the car, that should scare the hell out of opposing programs. lets get that recruiting jump!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Looking forward to when they won't have to qualify it with "just over a recent stretch."

He's kind of qualifying it, but he's also putting Kentucky / UCLA / Indiana etc. into perspective.

We’re not talking about what happened 60 years ago or how good any individual school was back in 1944, when super short-shorts and two-handed set shots were all the rage.

Reaction Score
1st elite 8 was after Perno stole ball from Bill Bradley and subsequent blowout to puke & dick groat/mullen in '64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom