UConn in the NFL | Page 15 | The Boneyard

UConn in the NFL

Reaction Score
Nick Williams survived yesterday's purge by the Atlanta Falcons --they cut 13 players. Hope he sticks as a PR KR WR.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I believe Williams has one more year of Practice Squad eligibility.

Reaction Score
via Jim Fuller:

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 3h3 hours ago
LT Will Beatty (torn pec) was placed on the Reserve/PUP list. He will miss at least the first 6 games before a window opens for his return.

Reaction Score
uconnflyer88 said:
Sio Moore got cut today which is weird because I thought he was a good player for them

Mix of the injury and new coaching staff. Rough business.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sio Moore got cut today which is weird because I thought he was a good player for them

I thought he had a decent start to his career. This is puzzling to me. I wouldnt mind if the Giants took a look. Our LBs are not special.

Reaction Score
Exit 4 said:
I thought he had a decent start to his career. This is puzzling to me. I wouldnt mind if the Giants took a look. Our LBs are not special.

Clearly Del Rio didn't like him. Never said a nice word about him.

Reaction Score

Ummm - not cut/traded:
Sio Moore traded by Raiders to Colts for draft pick
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000522356/article/sio-moore-says-goodbye-to-raiders-nation

MrOakTown55 8:46pm via Twitter for iPhone
Indy! You gotta a guy in me! Let's Do Great Things this Year!

To @J187Money's comment:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/del-rio-lb-sio-moore-players-get-what-they-earn

Reaction Score
One thing I find interesting is that when watching the Cardinals/Oakland game it was mentioned that Del Rio wanted to change the losing culture in Oakland and that the guys they brought in as Fa's would most likely all start. I find that interesting because as a head coach Del Rio was AWFUL in Jacksonville....he is a good to decent DC, but as a head coach he was never a winner. This is the BEST thing that could have happened to Sio...I only wish the NY Giants did pick him up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow. Well he goes from a bush league franchise to a team predicted to be competing for a shot at the super bowl. I'm ok with this.

Clearly Jack Del Rio thinks he is God's gift to coaching. Well, Jack, you sucked in Jacksonville and you've sucked everywhere else, you don't have the resume to be this much of a d*ck. Like you said, "you get what you earn." Congratulations, you are the head coach of the worst franchise in sports, where they don't keep coaches for more than two years. I hope you enjoy watching Sio smash some people in the AFC championship game from the comfort of your couch while you wonder if the Raiders are going to bring you back after your 3-13 season with a garbage defense.

Ok, Rant over. I just can't abide a**holes. Also Sio is one of my all time favorite Huskies, if you can't tell. Colts got a steal. I bet Pagano must have been foaming at the mouth to get his hands on Sio and plug him in his 3-4 D.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
One thing I find interesting is that when watching the Cardinals/Oakland game it was mentioned that Del Rio wanted to change the losing culture in Oakland and that the guys they brought in as Fa's would most likely all start. I find that interesting because as a head coach Del Rio was AWFUL in Jacksonville....he is a good to decent DC, but as a head coach he was never a winner. This is the BEST thing that could have happened to Sio...I only wish the NY Giants didn't pick him up.

My thoughts exactly, not to nitpick but I'm sure you meant to say pick him up. Do the Giants ever believe in having a linebacker on their defense who is their best linebacker since LT, Armstead I guess after that its Pierce probably. Lavarr Arrington is their biggest name linebacker they ever signed. Its crazy with a team who past history is full of great linebackers, Jerry Reese ignores the linebacker position. Chase Blackburn is our best linebacker after Pierce.

Nonetheless I'm glad to see Sio Moore on a team that will play a lot of primetime games.

Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly, not to nitpick but I'm sure you meant to say pick him up. Do the Giants ever believe in having a linebacker on their defense who is their best linebacker since LT, Armstead I guess after that its Pierce probably. Lavarr Arrington is their biggest name linebacker they ever signed. Its crazy with a team who past history is full of great linebackers, Jerry Reese ignores the linebacker position. Chase Blackburn is our best linebacker after Pierce.

Nonetheless I'm glad to see Sio Moore on a team that will play a lot of primetime games.
Thanks Scoe...that's exactly what I meant. Don't get me started on Jerry Reese, Tom Coughlin can only coach the team he is given. Didn't resign Antrel Rolle even though they desperately needed a safety...just released pretty much 1/2 of his 2014 draft class. The man is about as inept GM in the NFL as you will see, he is living of of one draft class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom