UConn in the NBA | The Boneyard

UConn in the NBA

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Andre played 7 minutes last night in Milwaukee's disastrous home loss to the Grizzlies. They were his first minutes since 3/24. In total he's played just 42 minutes since 2/12, and has basically been buried since Doc took over.

Related: the Bucks are now 14-13 under Doc, who is being exposed as one of the biggest coaching frauds in the league. Here he is last night throwing the bus driver under the bus:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Hawkins not playing is what really bothers me.

Jackson I get it more. I hope he carves out a long career as a defensive player off of the bench, but he barely has to be defended on the other end. It’s put backs, fast break dunks or bust for Jackson. Right now they have a coach fighting for his job and reputation and he certainly won’t care about developing their second round pick.

Hopefully Castle and Clingan can be impact players because UConn has only 1 guy with that potential in the NBA right now under 30 and that’s Hawkins.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Jackson I get it more. I hope he carves out a long career as a defensive player off of the bench, but he barely has to be defended on the other end. It’s put backs, fast break dunks or bust for Jackson. Right now they have a coach fighting for his job and reputation and he certainly won’t care about developing their second round pick.

Hopefully Castle and Clingan can be impact players because UConn has only 1 guy with that potential in the NBA right now under 30 and that’s Hawkins.
Not directed at you or this post, but it’s funny how we talk about how the coaches in the NBA need to play our rookies and develop them, but on the other hand completely understand Hurley not wanting to depend on freshman here.

Doc is a fraud btw. New Orleans isn’t doing too bad for what they’ve been dealing with this year. Have no idea why Hawkins haven’t received more playing time still. He’s too smooth of a shooter not to eventually figure it out. Andre is the one I’ve always worried about.

He’s someone I hoped would come back one more year so he could be the guy and learn how to score to not be in this kind of situation where a team can’t play him because he’s so bad at that end. And he’s SO good at everything else.

Reaction Score
So Milwaukee fired their coach because at 30-14 they weren't maximizing their win-now window. So they bring in Doc with the express goal being even win-now-ier, bench the young guys, and are doing even worse. Brilliant.
I figured this wasn't going to work out when they announced the move - Doc Rivers

We'll see if the Bucks do anything in the playoffs but it doesn't seem they will.

Reaction Score
He's a proven champion, its coaching malpractice not to find him more minutes.

Reaction Score

Andre is actually shooting 38% on threes this season. He won’t ever get plays drawn up for him to shoot, but he’s made amazing progress since he got to the NBA to become a reliable shooter. And gets 0 minutes anyway

Hawkins has been slumping. I think getting benched hurt his confidence. When he does get spot minutes more recently, he’s not shooting well. Makes sense for a rookie shooter late in the season, but I feel for Jordan. He played so well early in the year and was punished for it

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

What a dooshbag.

Hey, I've buried this guy on the bench. But, he's always ready, even though I don't play him. And, he plays hard regardless of his stats. Which is more of what this team needs and I need to reward. But since his stats aren't consistent, don't Clint on me playing him consistently.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
In true Doc form, he kept Andre on the bench again as Milwaukee melted down and turned a 15-point lead into a 13-point home loss to the Knicks. Andre only got on the court for 3 minutes of garbage time.

Firing Griffin was the right move -- he was terrible. But my god, I can't believe they hired Doc and gave him 3 years guaranteed. Incredible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom