UConn game times...back-to-back! | The Boneyard

UConn game times...back-to-back!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Great TV viewing come Saturday evening!

Men's final 8 game against Illinois starts at 6:10...on both TrueTV and TBS.
Women's sweet 16 game against Duke starts at 8:00...on ESPN.
Cheer early/then cheer late....and then have a sweet sleep...hopefully.

Reaction Score
You have to if you want to watch the whole women’s game. Guaranteed the men’s game goes until 8:30 or longer.
The extra-long commercial breaks are brutal on getting the game over in a timely fashion.

Good evening for one of those 20+ point wins to make it easier.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Exactly. Plus, you can fast forward through all the idiotic Limu Emu and Flo commercials.
As an aside, apologies to all you who work in the insurance industry, but I hate to tell all the companies that try to be funny with their TV ads, that insurance is the least funny business next to funeral homes. And boy is LIMU lost in the funny department. Dumb.

But the VCR does come in handy.

Reaction Score
If we think we have it bad tomorrow, both NC St teams are playing now. The men are only 10 mins ahead of the women.

Reaction Score
As an aside, apologies to all you who work in the insurance industry, but I hate to tell all the companies that try to be funny with their TV ads, that insurance is the least funny business next to funeral homes. And boy is LIMU lost in the funny department. Dumb.

But the VCR does come in handy.
In advertising they are looking for memorable not funny. I think they certainly hit the mark on that one.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
In advertising they are looking for memorable not funny. I think they certainly hit the mark on that one.
Very true. Memorable yes. Geico set the industry standard for funny. Insurance has no choice because it, unlike say, cars, can’t give you a real visual of their product, because someone opening up their annual renewal getting sticker shock and cursing doesn’t boost sales.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I wore the battery out of my remote control last night, flipping between the men's and women's games. I did record both and have already viewed both in their entirety but it was not fun having both teams in action at the same time...especially when NC State was trailing early against Stanford.

We get better luck Sunday. State's women play at 3 on ABC and the men tip off at 4:30pm.

Be glad you don't have sort of a Hobson's choice to make.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
VCRs ... I just had a wave of nostalgia wash over me.
For clarification ( us old folks )
DVR = Digital Video Recording
VCR = Video cassette recording

If you have a VCR that still works, that amazing.

ETA: And don't get me started on BETA vs. VHS ;)

Reaction Score
The game before ours in Portland hasn't even started yet. There's no way our game will start at 8pm. So much the better for being able to watch both the men's and women's games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom