UConn & Frozen Fenway | The Boneyard

UConn & Frozen Fenway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if UConn isn't one of the teams invited to play, and it likely would be against BC. Fair warning that Fenway is an absolutely TERRIBLE place to watch a hockey game. These ridiculous gimmick games at Fenway need to come to an end once everyone's had their shot to play there.

Reaction Score
MikeMcMahonCHN1:20pm via Twitter for iPhone
Not sure on matchups, but told Frozen Fenway teams are BC, BU, PC, UMass, UConn, UNH, Northeastern and Maine. 4 games over 2 Saturday's.

MikeMcMahonCHN1:22pm via Twitter for iPhone
There's also a chance a women's game is added.

MikeMcMahonCHN1:24pm via Twitter for iPhone
Non-participating schools are being asked to move games that weekend to leave Fenway games as only games on those 2 Saturdays (1/2)

MikeMcMahonCHN1:25pm via Twitter for iPhone
(2/2) but I was told by one coach that has been met with "much resistance." ... Home teams will have gates reimbursed per usual.

Reaction Score
These ridiculous gimmick games at Fenway need to come to an end once everyone's had their shot to play there.
As terrible as fenway is to watch hockey or anything, you schedule hockey games once every fourth year to give the players the gimmicky novelty of playing games in the quirky stadium.

Reaction Score
These matchups are completely terrible, this Fenway nonsense needs to end if they're going to keep up with this idea of "Let's just make sure everyone has a chance!!!!!!!" UConn-Maine? BU-UMass? They couldn't think to match UConn with BC? BU with Providence or UNH? BC-PC is the only game here that would draw any level of interest.

Reaction Score
If these games are going to count against our home games I think the idea is dumb already. Also I'm gonna be very pi$$ed if those 2 Saturday's go unscheduled at the XLC while we're at Fenway. Then we'll have to return home and play on like a Tuesday knowing how they set everything up smh.

Reaction Score
I also hope this doesn't become an annual occurrence. 1 Time is enough to take in the experience.

Reaction Score
If these games are going to count against our home games I think the idea is dumb already. Also I'm gonna be very pi$$ed if those 2 Saturday's go unscheduled at the XLC while we're at Fenway. Then we'll have to return home and play on like a Tuesday knowing how they set everything up smh.
They are counting against teams' home schedules. The only one I know is that apparently BU-UMass will count as a UMass home game and BU will not be playing out in Amherst. A good trade-off for us, but crappy for UMass. Don't know who gives up the home game in UConn-Maine, but the game will not be considered a neutral site contest for the purposes of conference scheduling.

Reaction Score
These matchups are completely terrible, this Fenway nonsense needs to end if they're going to keep up with this idea of "Let's just make sure everyone has a chance!!!!!!!" UConn-Maine? BU-UMass? They couldn't think to match UConn with BC? BU with Providence or UNH? BC-PC is the only game here that would draw any level of interest.

Why would hockey east feel compelled to match BC vs Uconn ? There is no history between the two schools and uconn has been a bottom feeder team since joining the league. this Fenway stuff worked when it was BC-BU. That's it

Reaction Score
Why would hockey east feel compelled to match BC vs Uconn ? There is no history between the two schools and uconn has been a bottom feeder team since joining the league. this Fenway stuff worked when it was BC-BU. That's it
Troll Alert

Reaction Score
I know. They shouldn't be doing these at all anymore, but HE seems intent on continuing and creating these boring matchups to make sure "everyone participates" so the BC-UConn matchup is making lemonade from lemons. You think I'm pumped to see my guys take on UMass? These games are a joke.

Reaction Score
Could this be our old buddy hockeyfan44 returning under yet another screen name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom