UConn Football Season | The Boneyard

UConn Football Season

Reaction Score
Not the result we were looking for today. If you would’ve asked back in August if we were going bowling most of us would’ve said no. This season has been a success and Coach Mora and staff deserve credit. Much improvement needs to be made especially with the passing game. To accomplish what this team has with all the injuries especially during the beginning of the season has been pretty remarkable. We need to upgrade the talent some more and the portal should be a good place to look. We now need to take the next step and upgrade the talent so we have a balanced attack on offense and look for players who can improve the defense. All in all it was an enjoyable season but now the bar has been set which is bowl game or bust. We need to improve the team so we can beat most G5 teams and compete with mid-level P5 teams.

already looking forward to 2023. Spring practice will be huge this year as we need to see which players can take us to the next level. All in all a great season and we can know enjoy the men’s basketball team as they are greatly improved as well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This was a FANTASTIC UConn football season. I think I was one of the "under" people when someone posted a 2.5 win over/under back in August. A 6 win season, including wins over BCU and Fresno, is a great outcome. I am very happy with the progress the staff and team made this year, and am already looking forward to next season.

Reaction Score
008.jpg

Reaction Score

I know they don't report home attendance based on just bodies in the seats, but I laugh at the Fresno State number. There weren't more than 6k people actually in the stands that day.

But however they report it, I would be disappointed if the 22k number per game they're using doesn't go up by at least 25% next year.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
This will be an improved team but Mora is not a miracle worker and they do not make my ‘Most Improved List.’” – Phil Steele, College Football Preview Magazine
There will be one win, two would be okay, three would be great. Four or more would be amazing.” – Pete Fiutak, College Football News
I’ll say 2-10 in Mora’s first year.” – Steve Makinen, VSIN
ESPN's computer model, the Football Power Index, has released its predictions for the upcoming season. According to the Football Power Index, the worst team in America will be the UConn Huskies. UConn is projected to go 2.5-9.5 this season - the worst record of any team in the country.” – The Spun, Sports Illustrated
However, talent at the collegiate level takes time to develop and while the team should be much more competitive, three wins seems like a realistic win total.” – Ric Serritella, UConn Illustrated

i had us at 5-7 or 7-5, with bowl mumblings.
i ain't that smart, it's just that they're that dumb.

that was my first UConn bowl game.
one of the funnest games, ever.
u could tell, up close and personal, that both sides came out loaded for bear, and cranky. it was in the air. around 3Q time, a pal sez to me 'iffn u run out there to join a big scrum, the popo will toss u in the clink. don't do that."
there were like almost a hundred little fights on every down.
don't know if he heard it when he was in earshot, but i yelled to the zebra on the ridiculous missed interference call 'somebody should run out there and clock u in the face.' lol.
don't know if that call was made that the outcome would be different, but once we got our pride back in the 2nd half, it didn't matter how it ended.
nice venue, nice folks, nice weather. not enough swimmers.
one of the funnest games, ever.

Reaction Score
No one would’ve been accused of being dumb by picking us to win 2-3 games this year - most yarders did as well.

Reaction Score
I'm aware of Bill Parcell's comment that "you are what your record says you are", but there's also a Nostical observation that as gaudy as our record appears to those experts who predicted fewer wins, "this team was even better than its record".
As is true with most teams, your level of success rests on the playmaking ability of your QB and the availability of your key personnel. We reached 6-7 with marginal QB play by a true freshman and a bunch of our best athletes injured. This program is on the rise. Next year we should dominate several teams and be in every game, except Tennessee. Even without knowing who will lead the team, 9-3 is doable and a bigger bowl looms. I can't wait for spring practice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom