UConn football: Defensive strides (J. Silver) | The Boneyard

UConn football: Defensive strides (J. Silver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/uconn-football-defensive-strides/

>>Diaco thinks it has a higher ceiling.

One of the few bright spots to the 1-5 starts rests on the defensive line . The Huskies have held their own on defensive line of scrimmage with Julian Campenni, Kenton Adeyemi and B.J. McBryde holding down the fort. The Huskies sub liberally on the line and backup nose guard Mikal Myers has been terrific in 25 snaps a game with redshirt freshman Forlorunso Fatukasi and Cole Ormsby also seeing time.

Connecticut Huskies defensive lineman Mikal Myers (92) and defensive tackle Julian Campenni (90) warm up before the start of the game against the Boise State Broncos at Rentschler Field.

Ormsby is pushing Adeyemi as a pass rushing prospect while the powerful Fatukasi has all but evened things up with McBryde.

The play of the line has exceeded expectations, especially young players like Sophomore Myers, Fatukasi and Ormsby.

“I think that the D-Line, especially the young D-Line players, are getting better with their fundamental eye progression as it relates to foot action,” Diaco said. “The synapses firing, I think they have done a better job there. Faster, violent more heavy hands. So I’ve seen some improvements with those guys. They are moving along.”<<

Reaction Score
Been clear since 8/29 that t he strongest unit on the team is the DL. We'll need them Thursday nite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom