UConn Doesn't Belong in the Big Ten (Yet) | The Boneyard

UConn Doesn't Belong in the Big Ten (Yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Depressing and not worth reading.
Plenty of schools are in P5 conferences and they don't "deserve" it.

Reaction Score
I'd rather read about how Donald Sterling doesn't deserve to lose the Clippers.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hmm is the best part pretending that Rutgers gets 44k for football games or that UConn has 5-10 years to land in a conference...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The UConn blog pretty much sucks ever since porter passed it on to the new guys.

They are so clueless on some things it's really unbelievable.

Reaction Score
The UConn blog pretty much sucks ever since porter passed it on to the new guys.

They are so clueless on some things it's really unbelievable.
Couldn't agree more. The twitter account is absolutely terrible now. It's embarrassing.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I don't see exactly where this guy is so far off. Unless we get a B1G invite this summer, which we won't.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
B1G or ACC invite? Pffft.

UConn leaders/teams/fans have only one collective thing to worry about: lead, coach, cheer, donate, support, view, compete and WIN in such a fashion that the narrative switches to whether the B1G or ACC are 'UConn-worthy'.

I dunno - couldn't hurt, might help...

Reaction Score
The issue I have is with the way the story was put out there. The article's title and, at least initially, leaving off "yet" in tweets may have been designed to garner web traffic. However, when consumed in the context of our ADD world, it has the potential to undermine UConn perceptions. Of course, this has no relevance to CR and the actual decision making process, but it's kind of annoying to see that title bantered around the Internet.

Reaction Score
Until I am National Flag blue in the face - if the P-5 conferences found places for BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Maryland, Louisville and Rutgers; there is a place for UConn. Anyone who wants to tell us what we now need to do to get annointed can ki$$ my !

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Until I am National Flag blue in the face - if the P-5 conferences found places for BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Maryland, Louisville and Rutgers; there is a place for UConn. Anyone who wants to tell us what we now need to do to get annointed can ki my a !

They may have trouble puckering as tightly as your sphincter, apparently.

We are THE UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT. We know that we belong amongst the P5. We know the trajectory of our school. Unfortunately, the world outside of the state's borders generally don't know this. We as a group need to maintain/step up our collective games to help along the education process.

That's all, nothing deep or condescending at all. Chillax...

Reaction Score
that was a horrendous article, I want those three minutes back.

Reaction Score

We are THE UNIVERSITY OF CONNECTICUT. We know that we belong amongst the P5. We know the trajectory of our school. Unfortunately, the world outside of the state's borders generally don't know this. We as a group need to maintain/step up our collective games to help along the education process.

Just look again at the list in my post - it is beyond ridiculous that they have found homes and we languish. If such a posting makes me tight, so be it - if yours is loose explain it!

GFY

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Whoa. Relax SeaGoat. We're all fans here, especially epark.

Yes, UConn deserves a seat at the table, but like the man said in Unforgiven, "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it". We as UConn fans have to remember that and realize it's a long haul, but not lose hope at the same time. It's a delicate balance.

Reaction Score
Whoa. Relax SeaGoat. We're all fans here, especially epark.

Yes, UConn deserves a seat at the table, but like the man said in Unforgiven, "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it". We as UConn fans have to remember that and realize it's a long haul, but not lose hope at the same time. It's a delicate balance.

That's better without getting personal. I agree "deserve got nothing to do with it", but I believe we must vigorously counter all the BS out there about the inadequacies of UConn re: P-5 membership. I mention the old BE schools repeatedly because of the absurdity of our situation. None of the schools I listed should be in a P-5 conference before us. So when some dilettante suggests if we would only do this or do that, I am apt to slam them on this issue. That's all. Simple and predictable is me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom