UConn/Cincy game thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

UConn/Cincy game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I agree, but I want to see the coach pissed off just once. We've been manhandled tonight and to celebrate something that our efforts had little to do with was bizarre.

We've seen plenty of coach pissed off the past couple of weeks. Screaming at Shirreffs at halftime of last game, the post-USF press conference. Anyone who doesn't think he's pissed regardless of a meaningless gesture hasn't been watching the same team.

Reaction Score
We continue to be embarrassed. Week after week,; year after year.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
JMick said:
I'm so sick of all the "dynamic" offense people. We don't have the athlete's for an air-raid or run'n'shoot offense. We will likely never have the players for that type of system. Stanford gets by running the football out of power formations. We will get there.

UMass has them?

zls44

Reaction Score
One of these teams has 490 yards in this driving monsoon.

Reaction Score
I'm so sick of all the "dynamic" offense people. We don't have the athlete's for an air-raid or run'n'shoot offense. We will likely never have the players for that type of system. Stanford gets by running the football out of power formations. We will get there.

Edsall understood this and built offensive lines and power running games. He had no clue about how to develop a QB, but he understood that Uconn had to run the ball to have any chance

zls44

Reaction Score
Shirreffs just threw the worst screen pass I've ever seen.

zls44

Reaction Score
Shirreffs just threw the worst screen pass I've ever seen.

Reaction Score

In the era of conference realignment, attracting eyeballs and interest is paramount. Whether you're winning or losing, you're not going to attract the casual football fan with 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

And yes, we are woefully behind the times in that regard.

Reaction Score
Not that it matters but that was a bad call to pick up that flag. The guy was holding his arms down, arms draped around him, halfway in the end zone. If he continued his progression to the back of the end zone, jumped and got his arms up, you can't tell me he wouldnt have had a chance

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This idea that UConn "can't get the players to run a dynamic passing offense" is so stupid. MAC and CUSA teams have it. One in our backyard. The idea they can't do it is just idiotic.

But the Northeast you can't pass the ball! Didn't anyone tell you that!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When it's defensive holding, it doesn't matter it the ball was uncatchable. It was uncatchable because he was being held.
#AACrefssuck

zls44

Reaction Score
Tenspro2002 said:
In the era of conference realignment, attracting eyeballs and interest is paramount. Whether you're winning or losing, you're not going to attract the casual football fan with 3 yards and a cloud of dust. And yes, we are woefully behind the times in that regard.

110 teams understand this but uconn has to Establish The Run! Can't have any of this fancy passing!

Reaction Score
And ESPN isn't going to give us a replay.

Just hold in the end zone.

That play actually reminded me of the Gronkowski-Carolina Panthers non-call from a couple years ago. Ball was also called uncatachable.

Reaction Score
This idea that UConn "can't get the players to run a dynamic passing offense" is so stupid. MAC and CUSA teams have it. One in our backyard. The idea they can't do it is just idiotic.

MAC and CUSA offenses aren't competitive with P5 teams defenses. They work against other MAC and CUSA teams.

You make it seem like a run first offense is a bad thing. It's not. They're different philosophies and there is nothing wrong with a pro-style offense. Florida State just won a national championship with one two years ago... Stanford is successful year after year. Michigan has been successful. Michigan St. etc. etc.

zls44

Reaction Score
Bob was trying to win the game.

I mean, a play earlier he settled for a 35 yard field goal right against the end zone, but he's trying to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom