UConn Bonds See Record Orders | The Boneyard

UConn Bonds See Record Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn's basketball dominance is great for school spirit, but it's also helping raise money the university puts towards improving its facilities.Each year, the state treasurer's office issues UConn Bonds. If you buy them, you're investing in things like the improvements to the university's health center, or building new dorms or study halls on its various campuses.

"They only are issued once a year," Sanders said. "Investors typically do have a lot of enthusiasm. We do get good order flow. This year, we had record order flow. We had individual investors place orders for $168 million, which is the highest level for any UConn bond sale in the 18-year history."

The state's timing was spot on: the bonds aren't always issued to coincide with March Madness, but this year, they were first offered to individual investors last Friday, as the UConn men played their Final Four game against Florida. As a result of the success of the bond sale, the University now has $120 million of new funding.

http://wnpr.org/post/uconn-bonds-see-record-orders

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not sure there is any connection. Bonds are on fire right now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This the ability to raise capital in this way distinguishes us form the P5 privates. I think that it is underemphasized in the AAU metrics.

Reaction Score
A chimp could sell 120 mil of tax-exempt investment grade bonds in Conn in five minutes. Just silly..........

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A chimp could sell 120 mil of tax-exempt investment grade bonds in Conn in five minutes. Just silly.....

I know when I'm considering an investment the first thing I want to know is how good is the company softball team.

Reaction Score
I know when I'm considering an investment the first thing I want to know is how good is the company softball team.

lol, that analogy is about spot on......

Reaction Score
It's a sweet story though. Zero connection, I think, to why someone clicked on a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom