UConn Baseball 2015 Schedule | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball 2015 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is awesome. 3 games at Kennesaw State which is right down the road from me.

Reaction Score
Impressive schedule! Lots of different teams, UMass-Lowell is a nice addition.

Reaction Score
Love the schedule as well. Florida International and Florida Atlantic are really good programs, perennial NCAA tourney teams but Huskies will have a shot to win those series. Kennesaw is a budding program that will continue to build off their recent success. Conference schedule will continue to be a grind especially with a gauntlet of a road slate. But overall it stacks up really well for a veteran group. Plenty of opportunities to impress the selection committee.

Just for fun, based off last years RPI UConn is slated to play
Florida Atlantic 99
Kennesaw State 52
FIU 86
Michigan State 97
Wake Forest 79
William & Mary 67
Bryant 49
East Carolina 73
Houston 5
UCF 50

So 25 games out of 56 are against teams that finished in the top 100 last year. You can throw those out the window when the season starts but cool to look at.

Reaction Score
This is the earliest I can remember the UConn baseball schedule being released. Now let's hope that they don't wait until January or even February to put the coming season's roster on the UConn athletics website.

Reaction Score
From past seasons, fall ball ends in the next two weeks. Then they will narrow the roster down. Hopefully out by beginning of November.
Heard that Ryan Sullivan has left the program. He did not participate in the exhibition or alumni games.

Reaction Score
From past seasons, fall ball ends in the next two weeks. Then they will narrow the roster down. Hopefully out by beginning of November.
Heard that Ryan Sullivan has left the program. He did not participate in the exhibition or alumni games.
Too bad about Sullivan. He was highly regarded out of HS. I do remember Penders saying in a pre season interview, last year, that Sullivan wasn't a 3b man at this level.
Last year there wasn't a fall roster. The spring roster came out in Jan.

Reaction Score
Too bad about Sullivan. He was highly regarded out of HS. I do remember Penders saying in a pre season interview, last year, that Sullivan wasn't a 3b man at this level.
Last year there wasn't a fall roster. The spring roster came out in Jan.

I agree, too bad about Sullivan. I would have liked to have seen him succeed as he was so highly regarded coming into the program. I think Penders had seen too many misplays at 3B the previous few years to want to go with Sullivan there. Part of Sullivan's playing time problem is that Penders has plenty of options at 1B and DH, and for that matter in the corner outfield spots. This season Joe Duffin gets added to that mix as well. Somebody was going to be the odd man out in terms of playing time, and it turned out to be Ryan Sullivan.

Reaction Score
This is awesome. 3 games at Kennesaw State which is right down the road from me.
Yup, I'll be attending that series as well. They are also playing in a tourney at Fleour Field in Greenville, SC against Michigan State, Fuhrman, etc. That is an awesome tourney. Michigan State played in it last year as well. Hope UCONN makes it an annual event. Fleour Field is a really cool ballpark. It's basically a miniture Fenway with Green Monster & all. The Sox single A affiliate (The Greenville Drive) play there. It's also five minutes from my house. Recommend to Husky Nation that they make the trip down to escape the cold. You will really like Greenville.

Reaction Score
Yup, I'll be attending that series as well. They are also playing in a tourney at Fleour Field in Greenville, SC against Michigan State, Fuhrman, etc. That is an awesome tourney. Michigan State played in it last year as well. Hope UCONN makes it an annual event. Fleour Field is a really cool ballpark. It's basically a miniture Fenway with Green Monster & all. The Sox single A affiliate (The Greenville Drive) play there. It's also five minutes from my house. Recommend to Husky Nation that they make the trip down to escape the cold. You will really like Greenville.
Yes, Greenville is a neat little town, went there a couple of years ago when they played Presbyterian at that field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom