UConn Avery Point - NJCAA DII World Series | The Boneyard

UConn Avery Point - NJCAA DII World Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First Round Game versus #4 seed Madison (Wisc) College in Enid Oklahoma - Time TBD due to rain delays.

Bracket:Appears off due to ful schedule cancellation yesterday secondary to weather.

Live Scores

Reaction Score
I've never really understood Avery Point. How do they compare to regular UConn baseball? If they play 50 times does Storrs win 49 of them? Is it not that lopsided? How come they have royal blue in their unis? If a guy was good enough to play for UConn but played for UConn-AP would he transfer? Has that ever happened? How come Rajai Davis didn't play in Storrs? I'm so confused :(

Reaction Score
Go Pointers!!! Proud to have had the opportunity to play for a legendary coach and a great baseball program.

Reaction Score
If a guy was good enough to play for UConn but played for UConn-AP would he transfer? Has that ever happened?

It happens often... some kids just need more seasoning/experience or need to shore up academics. Starting UConn AP pitcher Doug Domnarski is heading up to play for Coach Penders next year. Current roster catcher Alex LeFevre transferred up last year.

There are others...

... and I think Davis went right from AP to the Pirate's farm system.

Reaction Score
It happens often... some kids just need more seasoning/experience or need to shore up academics. Starting UConn AP pitcher Doug Domnarski is heading up to play for Coach Penders next year. Current roster catcher Alex LeFevre transferred up last year.

There are others...

... and I think Davis went right from AP to the Pirate's farm system.

Connor Buckley also went to Avery Point.

Reaction Score
I've never really understood Avery Point. How do they compare to regular UConn baseball? If they play 50 times does Storrs win 49 of them? Is it not that lopsided? How come they have royal blue in their unis? If a guy was good enough to play for UConn but played for UConn-AP would he transfer? Has that ever happened? How come Rajai Davis didn't play in Storrs? I'm so confused :(
AP has been sending kids to Storrs since the 70's. The coach that stared the program by the name of Greer played for the Cardinal organization before coming to AP then went on to coach Davidson.
Bidwell played for him. They have been good for a long, long time. Matt Harvey's dad also helps/had helped as an assistant. A lot of the kids end up going go down south to play. All with no help from the AD.

http://articles.courant.com/2011-05...503_1_roger-bidwell-division-ii-coach-bidwell

Reaction Score
Repurposed from the Recruiting/Commitment Thread:
The Day of New London reports that Avery Point's Roger Bidwell announced that 12 of his graduating players will continue their careers at either Division I or Division II colleges next season, including three who will play for UConn. These UConn bound players are pitchers Doug Domnarski and John Russell, and outfielder/infielder Izzy Davila. Davila made the all tournament team for the NJCAA Division II World Series as the designated hitter.

http://www.theday.com/college-sports/20150531/pointers-davila-hinckley-made-world-series-all-tourney-team

Domnarski has been committed for some time now to play at UConn next season. I believe John Russell was on the 2014 fall baseball roster at UConn, but ended up at Avery Point after not making the 35 man Husky squad for this past season. I'm not sure if this report in The Day is totally correct, as Russell is listed as a Freshman on the Avery Point roster, so I'm not sure if he is actually graduating. Because of this, I wonder if Russell might show up in Storrs for the 2017 season instead of the 2016 season.

Reaction Score
Pitcher Andrew Hinckley made the all tournament team as well. The story in The Day left out his first name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom