UConn at East Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn at East Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you have a job? Do you have a home? Does Uconn pay your salary? I love that you show up to every game. I would if I could. Just wondering.

I still live with my parents. I'm back in school to become a PE teacher, but I work as a graduate assistant at CCSU, a high school track coach, a DJ, and an age group director at a summer camp. UConn gave me free tickets to football and basketball home games for 1 year after I graduated. Since then everything has been out of pocket. Paying for all of the trips is definitely made easier by living at home, and not having many expenses. It also helps that I don't drink at all, and I'm usually to busy with school, work, and running to spend money on anything fun outside of going to all the football games.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I have a feeling watching Thursday Night Football will trump watching more than the first quarter of this game. That's how far things have sunk this year. Then again, I got a few fantasy players on the Broncos and Chargers I wanna watch play.

Darn you UConn football for making me dread watching you!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The streak of consecutive games attended will have to end at some point. I'm hoping that I die first though.
Post of the month.

Reaction Score
I still live with my parents. I'm back in school to become a PE teacher, but I work as a graduate assistant at CCSU, a high school track coach, a DJ, and an age group director at a summer camp. UConn gave me free tickets to football and basketball home games for 1 year after I graduated. Since then everything has been out of pocket. Paying for all of the trips is definitely made easier by living at home, and not having many expenses. It also helps that I don't drink at all, and I'm usually to busy with school, work, and running to spend money on anything fun outside of going to all the football games.

Awesome. The ultimate fan. Hats off to you my friend. Glad to know their is another die hard even more die hard than myself, screaming his lungs out and cheering loudly near and far for the team he loves. We need more like you.

Reaction Score
BNich said:
Do you have a job? Do you have a home? Does Uconn pay your salary? I love that you show up to every game. I would if I could. Just wondering.

Come on. It is much better that we don't know. More of a legend that way. The facts just kill the romance of it. :)

Reaction Score
Come on. It is much better that we don't know. More of a legend that way. The facts just kill the romance of it. :)

Obviously a smartalic post. I wish I could live life the same way and I wish there were many more like him.

Reaction Score
BNich said:
Obviously a smartalic post. I wish I could live life the same way and I wish there were many more like him.

As was mine. :)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I would have made up ridiculous stories about BWK being the youngest Mega Millions winner ever or something... But I like that it's all grit and determination.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
UConn 27 - ECU 21

Everyone in the nation scratches their collective heads. The AAC is mocked for having their only ranked team lose to the lowest team in the AAC standings. This result somehow becomes responsible for ruining our next tv contract. 26 new threads pop up that day on the Boneyard, talking about how Mike Nebrich would have made this current UConn team 7-0...

Reaction Score
UConn 27 - ECU 21

Everyone in the nation scratches their collective heads. The AAC is mocked for having their only ranked team lose to the lowest team in the AAC standings. This result somehow becomes responsible for ruining our next tv contract. 26 new threads pop up that day on the Boneyard, talking about how Mike Nebrich would have made this current UConn team 7-0...
A man who truly understands the BY
Great Post

Reaction Score
After watching Houston's dual threat QB Greg Ward a recently converted wide receiver go 29/33 and 268 against Temple I began to think about our Huskies. Perhaps having Fox at QB would give us the dual threat that we lack. All of the top teams have a dual threat, spread offense, perhaps that what we should try.

What do we have to lose? UCONN only has 77 points in 6 games! Our Defense has been pretty good, only allowing 154 pts for the year, so I for one wouldn't mind seeing how Fox could move the team.

Reaction Score
It's game week guys!

Happy I don't have to wait until Saturday to see the Huskies play. Another bye week as a tough loss was brutal as was the bye week before Tulane.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I would have made up ridiculous stories about BWK being the youngest Mega Millions winner ever or something... But I like that it's all grit and determination.
If that were the case the blue & white would be full body tattoos.

Reaction Score
This is being played on Thursday??

Good lord. Please tell me this is not on ESPN. Or even ESPN2.

Reaction Score
some posters would like foxy at qb; that's too presumptuous

heck, with this current regime a manikin would be a big step forward in process

Reaction Score
Forgot I had an account here. Just stopped by to say that I'm excited that we host UConn on Thursday. We won't be close to a sellout, considering it's a week night any many of our alumni live in Raleigh or further west. The crowd should be lively though. Glad to be hosting y'all rather than FAU, etc..

Reaction Score
Forgot I had an account here. Just stopped by to say that I'm excited that we host UConn on Thursday. We won't be close to a sellout, considering it's a week night any many of our alumni live in Raleigh or further west. The crowd should be lively though. Glad to be hosting y'all rather than FAU, etc..

Thanks for sparing our feelings on the attendance estimate. In the near future this could be a compelling matchup and a great travel option for both schools fans. You've got a real fun team to watch with the potential for a top tier bowl. Hopefully we can step up our game this week and make it competitive.

Reaction Score
24 didn't last long. Already 27.

Sounds about right. Trying to stay optimistic that we can keep it competitive, but I shudder to think how ugly this game could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom