UConn and the Transfer Portal | Page 25 | The Boneyard

UConn and the Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
If I'm Cam, I'm going pro now. Somebody's going to give him a chance; if he doesn't get drafted, he'll be invited by 20 teams to play summer ball.

Even if he puts up 25 ppg next year, it's not going to make him young or an explosive athlete. People like what they see, they see his brother (who played 1 year of college ball) succeeding, and he's on everybody's mind as a winner.
I'd have to think that every NBA team is going to want a crafty, button-pushing 24 year old on their summer league team to knock the 19-year-old hot shots down a peg.

Reaction Score
Really like Essandoko too. My dilemma with him is that I don’t view he or Johnson as starters next year. Essandoko is better and has a way higher ceiling IMO, but he needs some development for sure.

McNeeley isn’t a transfer

Did some digging after a reply and now I get this sentiment lol. I just loved his game in HS and thought he was asked to do too much this year offensively (aka I thought his shot is better than his % indicates)
Obviously the off the court stuff is bad, but he just seemed like a complete chuck to me every time I watched Tech. Not our type of guard IMO.

Reaction Score
Obviously the off the court stuff is bad, but he just seemed like a complete chuck to me every time I watched Tech. Not our type of guard IMO.
In his defense he did make a bunch of those head scratchers, and they did out punt their coverage without returning their other 4 starters. But he is a volume shooter and probably not the right fit for us. I'm not privy of his other issues. Surely Danny will pass if problematic.

Reaction Score
Essandoko looks fine to me. With bulk and an occasional 3, that is just what we need to compliment our returning centers. He seems poised with the ball and puts it on the floor. With experience vs Ky, Seton Hall, Dayton etc I don't see why we can't do well with him. The second set of clips showed him dunking. Realistically, we are not going to overpower every team at the center position next year. A big body to set screens, rebound, etc He seems solid. Whatever turnovers he made we'll fix.

If Goldin isn't destined automatically to Michigan, I would think we have a relationship with him already. He played at Putnam Science and we were there a lot, plus Diarra was his teammate, and obviously Gaffney at FAU.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I really don't get how Scheyer plans to keep recruits happy. I really want to see who else leaves Duke this summer.

Yeah, there will be either decommits or transfers or both

Reaction Score
Add in Liam and Christ

Darlinstone Dubar. I thought that name sounded familiar to me and then I googled him. He was on Hoftstra last year and I remember watching them play against St. John's in Decmeber. He had a good game and gave St. John's fits. If you look at his game log, he played well against Duke at Cameron, too.

Reaction Score
Add in Liam and Christ

Posted in other thread too but surprised there hasn’t been any linkage to Cade Tyson. All MVC player from Belmont, 6’7, over 16 PPG & shot it 46.5% from 3 on good volume. Really efficient player. Maybe the staff doesn’t want the overlap with Stewart/Karaban, but the kid is a stud. UNC & Duke now involved too tho, maybe UConn jumps in late. Keep an eye out there. & somehow, criminally underrated coming out of a really good high school team in Charlotte. No clue why he wasn’t recruited at higher major schools.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Posted in other thread too but surprised there hasn’t been any linkage to Cade Tyson. All MVC player from Belmont, 6’7, over 16 PPG & shot it 46.5% from 3 on good volume. Really efficient player. Maybe the staff doesn’t want the overlap with Stewart/Karaban, but the kid is a stud. UNC & Duke now involved too tho, maybe UConn jumps in late. Keep an eye out there. & somehow, criminally underrated coming out of a really good high school team in Charlotte. No clue why he wasn’t recruited at higher major schools.
Generally we aren’t going after wings. This makes me think we feel great about McNeeley.

Reaction Score
It appears there is linkage to Cade Tyson. I don't know how staff keeps these things so under the radar, but they're talking to him. Lots of competition though. The blue bloods and Michigan.

Reaction Score
It appears there is linkage to Cade Tyson. I don't know how staff keeps these things so under the radar, but they're talking to him. Lots of competition though. The blue bloods and Michigan.

Where’d you see that? Posted publicly somewhere or is this a source you have close to the program?

Reaction Score
I asked around after I saw this last night
He’s from Charlotte & UNC/Duke now involved, so it’d be really tough to get him if UConn does (or already is) go after him. I remember him from HS, I’m from the area. Still not 100% sure why he wasn’t more heavily recruited, he was Mr Basketball NC his senior year. This area has a ton of talent, people saw him play quite a bit, he was on the best HS team in the state. Been wondering if the staff would ever get involved with guys from NC at some point; I’d love to see it, just tough going up against NC/Duke for the top guys locally. Even still, good players to be found that those teams don’t even recruit.

Reaction Score
As long as SJ is north of 7pf / 40min we need a center ready to play 20 minutes of high level ball day 1. Can't say I'm seeing that in Christ. Of all our "needs" I think a structurally sound, game ready center is at the top.

Seems like there's lots of guys in the wings still. Duke and KU should each puke out a few more too.

Reaction Score
Welp, either we’re out on Christ or we’re “sniping”?

He and AS speak the same language so maybe we have an edge there that will seal the deal if we want him. Plus he'd bring some additional culture to the program........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom