UConn and Texas finalizing a H/H Agreement | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn and Texas finalizing a H/H Agreement

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Baylor @ home
Best game they could give us. They don't do rematches in the challenge.

I hope AD Dave contacts KU about a home and home, but the challenge may prevent it. Texas is a good option.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
FF in San Antonio next year
Awesome Awesome spot. Really the only FF's worth going to (I mean besides the actual game to root for your team) are San Antonio and New Orleans. The rest of the sites SUUUUUCCCK as far as just making the 4 days miserable logistically. Houston, Arlington, Glendale in the rotations way too frequently.

Vegas will be a hoot in 2028 though.

Besides San Antonio the rest of the sites through 2030 is just more dreck. Arlington again? Detroit? Indianapolis TWICE!!!? Gross.

Reaction Score
Good timing for me. Austin is a 6 hour drive from Monterrey and about a 45 minute flight. Ill plan on going.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Tired of Texas.

But at least they have the stones to play us at home unlike Kansas and now Houston
Is this our 3rd H&H series with them in the past 15 years?

Honestly, that’s kind of fun. They are a good brand and we should also win.

Reaction Score
Hopefully none of our players heave it full court in a tie game with 10 seconds left this time in Austin... :)
We suck at close games. (Although right now off the top of my head I can’t remember the last time there was one…)

Reaction Score
Had a lot of fun at the MSG game this season vs Texas
They have good fans, brand, and team always.
Win win all around

Reaction Score
Awesome Awesome spot. Really the only FF's worth going to (I mean besides the actual game to root for your team) are San Antonio and New Orleans. The rest of the sites SUUUUUCCCK as far as just making the 4 days miserable logistically. Houston, Arlington, Glendale in the rotations way too frequently.

Besides San Antonio the rest of the sites through 2030 is just more dreck. Arlington again? Detroit? Indianapolis TWICE!!!? Gross.
Blame NYC, Boston, Philly, Miami, Chicago etc. for not building domed football stadiums. There simply aren't many good cities as hosting options. Bears and the city of Chicago just held a press conference to announce their plan to build their new lakefront domed stadium today. It looks pretty amazing to me...

Reaction Score
Blame NYC, Boston, Philly, Miami, Chicago etc. for not building domed football stadiums. There simply aren't many good cities as hosting options. Bears and the city of Chicago just held a press conference to announce their plan to build their new lakefront domed stadium today. It looks pretty amazing to me...

Cool idea to incorporate the old Soldier Field facade into the park. Minimizes lost green space

August_West

Reaction Score

Weak. Just more dismantling of the stuff that was actually the stuff that made America great:
- Freezing you ass off at Soldier Field watching da Bearssss

I guess Lambeau Field should be bulldozed too for a roof, a wider concourse and 4 Chick-fil-a stands?

How can people even take a game in a Wrigley or Fenway any longer? So uncomfortable!

Reaction Score
Weak. Just more dismantling of the stuff that was actually the stuff that made America great:
- Freezing you ass off at Soldier Field watching da Bearssss

I guess Lambeau Field should be bulldozed too for a roof, a wider concourse and 4 Chick-fil-a stands?

How can people even take a game in a Wrigley or Fenway any longer? So uncomfortable!
Soldier Field sucks, smallest and crappiest NFL stadium in the league. They'll keep what makes it historic and it will remain a part of the expanded museum campus. There will actually be views now of the skyline and lake from the stadium, they'll host the Super Bowl, Final 4, and every other major event now.

It would've sucked moving the team to Arlington Heights, this plan is awesome.

August_West

Reaction Score
Soldier Field sucks, smallest and crappiest NFL stadium in the league. They'll keep what makes it historic and it will remain a part of the expanded museum campus. There will actually be views now of the skyline and lake from the stadium, they'll host the Super Bowl, Final 4, and every other major event now.

It would've sucked moving the team to Arlington Heights, this plan is awesome.

Im all for a FF in Chicago, love that city. Just hate to see another warhorse go by the wayside.

Reaction Score
Im all for a FF in Chicago, love that city. Just hate to see another warhorse go by the wayside.
I get it but they simply couldn't stay at Soldier Field any longer and it lost most of it's character when they built the ugly spaceship looking thing on top of it years ago...

Everyone thought they were moving to Arlington Heights when the Bears bought that land, they were going to create a Patriots Place type thing in the burbs with chain restaurants. We have the worst mayor in the country IMO but the team pivoted from Arlington Heights since he's been mayor and it seemed like a shot in the dark they would be building the new stadium on the lakefront. I reluctantly have to give him a little credit for that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I get it but they simply couldn't stay at Soldier Field any longer and it lost most of it's character when they built the ugly spaceship looking thing on top of it years ago...

Everyone thought they were moving to Arlington Heights when the Bears bought that land, they were going to create a Patriots Place type thing in the burbs with chain restaurants. We have the worst mayor in the country IMO but the team pivoted from Arlington Heights since he's been mayor and it seemed like a shot in the dark they would be building the new stadium on the lakefront. I reluctantly have to give him a little credit for that.
That video makes it look like a great plan. Like that they keep the facade at Soldier Field. Some of these old stadiums needed to go. Candlestick was an abomination (for both sports).

Lambeau, Wrigley and Fenway are about the last historic stadiums that endure in pro sports. Not sure if I count MSG as old on the inside, but it probably counts too. I don't want to lose them, they're history, but it would be good to play the games someplace else and make the museums.

Reaction Score
That video makes it look like a great plan. Like that they keep the facade at Soldier Field. Some of these old stadiums needed to go. Candlestick was an abomination (for both sports).

Lambeau, Wrigley and Fenway are about the last historic stadiums that endure in pro sports. Not sure if I count MSG as old on the inside, but it probably counts too. I don't want to lose them, they're history, but it would be good to play the games someplace else and make the museums.
Totally agree, I'll be at Wrigley tonight freezing my buns off.

Reaction Score

I had the most fun at the San Antonio Final Four. Everything was a walkable distance and the best part was everyone - fans, other coaches who were attending the Final Four, and the media - were hanging out at the River Walk. The River Walk is just big enough to fit everyone but small enough so that things aren't spread out. Places like Glendale, Dallas, and Houston kind of stink because there's no gathering spot for everyone that is walkable to everyone's hotel and walkable to the stadium the games are at. Plus the weather is decent at that time of year.

New Orleans is good for the same reasons with even more places to eat/drink since the French Quarter is right there. And plenty of hotels. I went in 2003 just to go to the Final Four and stayed at The Intercontinental for like $150 a night. I bet the same type of hotel for the Final Four in a smaller place with less hotel rooms, like Indianapolis, is probably $1000/night. We were going to go to a Final Four in Indy once and there were absolutely no hotel rooms downtown that were available. Just too small of a place.

Reaction Score
That new Chicago Stadium looks pretty slick and at $4 bill, it should. I looked it up, MetLife Stadium is already 14 years old and looks very dull in comparison, $1.6 bill. Even the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field is heated. Onward and upward.

August_West

Reaction Score
That new Chicago Stadium looks pretty slick and at $4 bill, it should. I looked it up, MetLife Stadium is already 14 years old and looks very dull in comparison, $1.6 bill. Even the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field is heated. Onward and upward.
It is nice. I did some reading on it today. They are asking taxpayers to fund 2 billion of it.

Not sure that is something Chicago should do. Beautiful idea though.

Reaction Score
It is nice. I did some reading on it today. They are asking taxpayers to fund 2 billion of it.

Not sure that is something Chicago should do. Beautiful idea though.
It's be the new rose bowl for the B1G.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom