UCONN Alum NBA Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

UCONN Alum NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Rudys had a very good stint with the Kings so far. Too bad Cousins got injured and missed so many games they could have had a shot at the playoffs. It will be tough with the stacked West to make up games now. Still they might be able to pick up a decent three or four to play next to Rudy in the draft lottery, or some depth. They have four solid starters and a few utility players but lack real depth.

Reaction Score
Sacramento's best bet will probably be to package Stauskas and their fist round daft pick and try to get another piece. I'd be interested in seeing how somebody like Monroe would fit in there.

Reaction Score
Sacramento's best bet will probably be to package Stauskas and their fist round daft pick and try to get another piece. I'd be interested in seeing how somebody like Monroe would fit in there.

Don't really seeing Monroe being a good fit, they need a defender and/or rim protector/shotblocker next to Cousins in the worst way, its crazy how long Jason Thompson has managed to hold down a starting spot while being completely mediocre. Not sure where Willy Cauly-Stein ultimately ends up in the draft but I know it will be somewhere in the lottery, he'd be a good pick for them. If we're talking current players I think even a bit guy like John Henson in Milwaukee could help for his shotblocking.

caw

Reaction Score

I can't imagine Monroe would be a good fit. He's not really going to stretch the floor and he clogs the paint for Cousins. Kevin Love would be nice, but unrealistic.

A stretch four or a 3-D three would fit well.

Collison
McLemore
Gay or 3-D three
Gay or stretch four
Cousins

That would be what I would target at least.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I can't imagine Monroe would be a good fit. He's not really going to stretch the floor and he clogs the paint for Cousins. Kevin Love would be nice, but unrealistic.

A stretch four or a 3-D three would fit well.

Collison
McLemore
Gay or 3-D three
Gay or stretch four
Cousins

That would be what I would target at least.
I think you're correct, and I suspect they'll take a long, hard look at Kaminsky or -- if he comes out early -- Lyles (who doesn't have that range yet, but is young and loaded with potential).

Ideally they'd have a couple of shooters to put with Rudy, DMC & Collison. It looks like McLemore could be one, and this draft is where they'll be able to target a second.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Andre in the Pistons have been looking a lot better without Josh Smith in their first two games. Team had season highs in points and are 2-0. They're 6 1/2 games back from the 8th seed so a playoff appearance might not be out of the question. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I have collison in my fantasy league, so I'm all about him and how well he's done for me with a late round pick, but they could use a better starting PG there. With Rudy and Boogie, they could use a star distributor rather than a guy who can actually put some points up in collison

caw

Reaction Score
I have collison in my fantasy league, so I'm all about him and how well he's done for me with a late round pick, but they could use a better starting PG there. With Rudy and Boogie, they could use a star distributor rather than a guy who can actually put some points up in collison

With the way their offense goes through Cousins and Gay I'm not sure they need a better facilitator as a starter at PG. They need a better backup backcourt though, maybe Staukas could be one piece next year if he can improve as much as McClemore has. Maybe draft Tyus Jones or Mudiay if they get a lottery pick. Then try and find a starting forward in free agency.

Reaction Score
stopped watching the Heat after Bazz got iced but just looking at the boxscore, Spo played only 8 guys in a December game against the Magic, with both Bazz and Ennis getting DNPs and Norris Cole playing 35(!) minutes. WTF is going on down there?

Reaction Score
stopped watching the Heat after Bazz got iced but just looking at the boxscore, Spo played only 8 guys in a December game against the Magic, with both Bazz and Ennis getting DNPs and Norris Cole playing 35(!) minutes. WTF is going on down there?
man. also remember bazz had double digits in a W vs the magic last time they played. from that to a stretch of DNPs

Reaction Score
man. also remember bazz had double digits in a W vs the magic last time they played. from that to a stretch of DNPs

yea that was during his run of dbl figure scoring games. how do you only play 3 guys at 2 positions and 8 guys in a December regular season game when you have your whole squad? sh t is crazy.

Reaction Score
yea that was during his run of dbl figure scoring games. how do you only play 3 guys at 2 positions and 8 guys in a December regular season game when you have your whole squad? sh t is crazy.
saw an interesting correspondence on twitter with skolnick that beat writer, when asked if there is 'any solution to the pg position in (miami)' he tweeted :

Ethan J. Skolnick ✔ @EthanJSkolnick
@tgstayhungry Napier, maybe. I heard they want him to be more serious.

when asked again he said

@KurtCobae I've heard they want Napier to earn his time a little more. Still digging on what happened

strange, sounds like bs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
saw an interesting correspondence on twitter with skolnick that beat writer, when asked if there is 'any solution to the pg position in (miami)' he tweeted :

@tgstayhungry Napier, maybe. I heard they want him to be more serious.

when asked again he said

@KurtCobae I've heard they want Napier to earn his time a little more. Still digging on what happened

strange

They want Bazz to be more serious? If anything Bazz is too serious and he expects every teammate to have his same preparation and serious approach to the game. What's going on in Miami makes no sense.

caw

Reaction Score
Drummond with 17 points and 22 rebounds through 3 quarters, he is beasting lately.

Since the Josh Smith removal the Pistons are 3-0 beating Orlando, Cleveland and Indiana, look efficient on offense. Drummond has averaged 17.7 and 15 in that time. He was only 5-16 from the FT line today though. He could easily have had 20-20 game if he could hit over 50%.

Reaction Score
Since the Josh Smith removal the Pistons are 3-0 beating Orlando, Cleveland and Indiana, look efficient on offense. Drummond has averaged 17.7 and 15 in that time. He was only 5-16 from the FT line today though. He could easily have had 20-20 game if he could hit over 50%.
5-16 at the line and didn't play a second in the 4th quarter, he could have gone for a 30 30 game.

Reaction Score
Can't find anything official, but the Heat message board is reporting that Bazz has been sent to the D-League again. Lot's of wild speculation about the reasons, mostly because he's "lazy". Lazy?! I'm not buying it.
Heat TeamTalk

Reaction Score
There is some crazy stuff going on down in Miami, the notion that Bazz is lazy and doesn't take the game seriously enough is just ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Um, yeah. I definitely wouldn't be digging for reasons on a message board.

Reaction Score
Can't find anything official, but the Heat message board is reporting that Bazz has been sent to the D-League again. Lot's of wild speculation about the reasons, mostly because he's "lazy". Lazy?! I'm not buying it.
Heat TeamTalk

probably just picking up off of the tweets from Skolnik

Reaction Score
ok ish smith is def stealing my guy lambs minutes. he is playing his ass off. i'm still not off the lamb wagon, he has shown too much upside already. i'm starting to think he needs a new environment . man would he fit perfectly on charlotte.

Reaction Score
Shabazz Napier still in plans for Heat this season

Shandel Richardson | Sun Sentinel
Dec 31, 2014

Heat coach Erik Spoelstra insisted the team has yet to lose confidence in rookie guard Shabazz Napier.

Napier was sent to the team's NBDL-affiliate in Sioux Falls Tuesday. It marks his second stint there this month.

Before Wednesday's game against the Indiana Pacers, Spoelstra said the move is only temporary.

"It will be a handful of games, but not many," Spoelstra said. "But just to keep his game rhythm until he comes back. Then we'll continue with the player development."

Napier was sent down in early December but returned after just one games. He was recalled mainly because the Heat were limited because of injuries. Napier did not play in six straight games before being reassigned.

The team traded up to select Napier in the NBA Draft. In November, he had a stretch of straight of six straight double-figure scoring games before falling out of the rotation. The change began once Mario Chalmers replaced Norris Cole in the starting lineup, leaving less minutes at point guard.

Napier is averaging 5.7 points, 2.3 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 25 appearances.

"It's not time to be frustrated," Spoelstra said. "We're investing a great deal of time in Shabazz. He got caught up in probably more than anything a numbers game. It wasn't an indictment on his play. We're still trying to develop him. When his number is called, he'll be expected to produce."

Cole and Chalmers, who were both drafted later than Napier, never spent any time in the D-League. Spoelstra said they are just trying to get Napier "as many minutes as he can possibly get."

"He's been doing a great deal of player development on game days," Spoelstra said. "He's working out three times a day. He's been very committed to the work and that's what I've asked of all the young guys."

Link

sounds like a bunch of bs. heat beatwriters are flummoxed as well.

Ira Winderman @IraHeatBeat

Considering how Larry Drew set a D-League assist record earlier this week, the Heat's two best point guards might now be in Sioux Falls.
5:52 PM - 31 Dec 2014

I've read around that the heat organization being extremely strict with off court stuff. Antoine walker, beasley, james posey were disciplined in some way. that being said Napier (in college) was probably the hardest worker on the team. all this doesn't mesh with what is known about napier.

Reaction Score
Drummond with an odd 7-20-4 stat line - struggling w FTs again (1-6) cost him a double double.

He's had four 20-rebound games in his last seven. He has 120 rebounds in that span (17.1 rpg) and has 172 in his last 11 (15.6 rpg), when he's been in double figures in all but one.

He's about 13 ppg and 13 rpg now.

Kemba is back in the toilet, Napier is back in D-League, and Lamb is back on mothballs. League Pass kinda sucks this year. Basically Rudy and Drummond and an occasional day when Kemba plays well. Maybe Ray and Emeka will plop onto contenders and make the stretch run more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom