UCONN ahead of the game versus last year: QB will be named August 24th | The Boneyard

UCONN ahead of the game versus last year: QB will be named August 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last year Pasqualoni kept everybody guessing until the start of the game against Fordham as to the identity of the starting QB. Some from the cheap seats think Pasqualoni kept this very strategy right through the end of the season.

Today is a new day, and this year is a new year, so in honor of that Pasq stated at the BE media days that he wants a QB named by August 24th.

For good or bad we will find out if Whitmer is the real deal. I was reading a thread earlier about what will happen against UMASS...if this D is anything like it has the potential to be (remember the first half last year against WVU?) it is going to be nasty. So long as Whitmer doesn't get happyfeetitis, this season is going to be special. Remember that game against Rutgers? That's the UCONN I'm expecting against UMASS.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
august 24th is way to late. P will have his pick by early teens in august taking the majority of reps but won't say it to the media until as late as possible. we need 1 qb and we all know who its going to be. the rest of the country doesn't know that, so use that advantage as long as possible without scaring the out of the fan base.

Reaction Score
august 24th is way to late. P will have his pick by early teens in august taking the majority of reps but won't say it to the media until as late as possible. we need 1 qb and we all know who its going to be. the rest of the country doesn't know that, so use that advantage as long as possible without scaring the **** out of the fan base.

Agree with you bro.. Coach P will not ( along with Shane Day and the rest of the staff ) at least a week before the media/fans does/do.

Reaction Score
My understanding is that the players don't think they know. Luckily, people here think they know more.

Reaction Score
My understanding is that the players don't think they know. Luckily, people here think they know more.

You mean the players don't know who the starter will be? Or the players don't think the coaches know?

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
August 24 is my birthday. Happy birthday to me! Maybe Coach P will let me name the starting quarterback.

Reaction Score
P did say today that if he had to pick a starter right now it'd be Whitmer based on his spring game performance. Personally, I don't care when we know. I want the staff and the players to know well before 8/24 though, I think they will.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Absolutely, because a message board without any opinions, even ones that may be off base would be kind of boring.

Reaction Score
Absolutely, because a message board without any opinions, even ones that may be off base would be kind of boring.

Giving an opinion is not the same thing as stating that one knows something that they do not.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's hard to see how Whitmer isn't the starter. It's a long month though, hopefully they do make a choice and run with it though.

Reaction Score
I think Whitmer has the inside track, but coach P IMO probably wants each qb to believe they have a fair shot. As I've previously said, the qb that wins the job in August may end up on the bench in September.

Reaction Score
Whitmer starts unless someone has fixed McCummings' throwing mechanics and he is now the second coming of Vince Young. The latter is very unlikely but not completely impossible.

Imagine what McCummings can be if he just improves his passing accuracy by 30%. I'm thinking Tyler Lorenzen, a VERY underated player in UCONN's history.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Imagine what McCummings can be if he just improves his passing accuracy by 30%. I'm thinking Tyler Lorenzen.

The first thought that I had when I read this comment was "If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle." It's something that I would love to see happen, because when that kid runs, he is lighting in a bottle. But based on every one of his throws that I've seen leading up to this point? Wildcat.

Reaction Score
The first thought that I had when I read this comment was "If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle." It's something that I would love to see happen, because when that kid runs, he is lighting in a bottle. But based on every one of his throws that I've seen leading up to this point? Wildcat.

Wouldn't it be great to have TL coming off the bench to run the wildcat? Opposing coaches wouldn't have enough time to prepare their defense.

The hope for an improved Scott McCummings is something we have not discussed much this offseason, but if he does improve he becomes a huge weapon for the team.

BTW Scott McCummings is as smart as a whip and a hard worker. He will improve.

Scott McCummings is to UCONN what Tim Tebow is to the Jets. Maybe he should run across the practice field with his shirt off to get some attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom