UConn administration | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn administration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
YES!, at least monitor the situation. Did you not see Warde Quote? "I think UConn is the best option but I am biased" That is where you are at a night before the ACC votes? Giving that quote? Are you kidding me? They were completely caught off guard. I am not an AD, but it looks pretty obvious to me that this was a constantly evolving situation and Jurich willed Ville into the ACC and our "big dogs" were at the beach. I obviously don't know exactly what happened, but this is how it unfolded based on public information.

The ACC had already decided what they were going to do before he came out with that quote. Are you honestly so naive that you think he said that when the outcome was in doubt?

And all of the correspondence was done over the phone. Do the phones in Louisville get better reception than the ones down in the Virgin Islands?

Reaction Score
The ACC had already decided what they were going to do before he came out with that quote. Are you honestly so naive that you think he said that when the outcome was in doubt?

And all of the correspondence was done over the phone. Do the phones in Louisville get better reception than the ones down in the Virgin Islands?

Not gonna win the point dude... kinda like the HCPP issue. No middle ground it appears.

Reaction Score
We could be 12-0 e very year year. The perception is that we are rinky dink. Warde can fix that. Not today unfortunately.

Nothing to do with wins losses GDL or HCRE or HCPP. May as well be lumped in with UMASS - whether or not we deserve it is immaterial.

Reaction Score
Not gonna win the point dude... kinda like the HCPP issue. No middle ground it appears.

No, I think the beach damage was already done at that point. I do think that it was an absolutely moronic quote to make in that instant, just moronic. He made several moronic quotes over the course of the week "aaaahhh derrrrrr I don't think I would even be a part of the ACC discussion unless my boss lets me" - made a quote to this effect from the freaking beach, meanwhile Jurich is working the phones like a mad man, I guess he didn't get the memo that AD were not allowed.

And I see you keep making this point of phone service: If you had a huge, possibly life changing project due at work, would you work on it remotely from the beach? Yes, you would have your laptop and work phone, but would you really do that? If your answer is yes I wouldn't want to work with you.

Reaction Score
If they were told that they were getting in, what did you want them to do, badger the ACC every 10 minutes to remind them?

Abso-flippin-lutely!!! You ever been involved in any kind of business where one deal could make or break your year, your livelihood? Ever watch TV? Nevermind.

Reaction Score
No, I think the beach damage was already done at that point. I do think that it was an absolutely moronic quote to make in that instant, just moronic. He made several moronic quotes over the course of the week "aaaahhh derrrrrr I don't think I would even be a part of the ACC discussion unless my boss lets me" - made a quote to this effect from the freaking beach, meanwhile Jurich is working the phones like a mad man, I guess he didn't get the memo that AD were not allowed.

And I see you keep making this point of phone service: If you had a huge, possibly life changing project due at work, would you work on it remotely from the beach? Yes, you would have your laptop and work phone, but would you really do that? If your answer is yes I wouldn't want to work with you.
Nothing to do with Ward's work or Susan's work. Good God man we can't put 30K in our off campus concrete stadium. We may eventually be a choice, but we were not first.

Louisville beats us without even trying. You are missing the point. Who is going to come here? Really, Who?

Reaction Score
Nothing to do with Ward's work or Susan's work. Good God man we can't put 30K in our off campus concrete stadium. We may eventually be a choice, but we were not first.

Louisville beats us without even trying. You are missing the point. Who is going to come here? Really, Who?

Apparently their AD didn't think so. That's why he thought he needed to work like crazy, go public and get politicos involved. That's why he cancelled his trip. He disagrees with you just like the rest of us.

Reaction Score
Apparently their AD didn't think so. That's why he thought he needed to work like crazy, go public and get politicos involved. That's why he cancelled his trip. He disagrees with you just like the rest of us.
Wrong wrong wrong!! Nothing to with lobbying. Nothing to do Warde or Susan.

Do you go to games? Do you look at our stadium and our 25K fans who leave early? We barely get 5K for the spring game. I have been to every game here and I have been to my share of away games. We don't have what it takes at least for now. We don't match up to other venues and no amount of whining was going to change the perception. Hate to say it really I do.

They don't want us. They had the chance and they don't. They grabbed Louisville so they would not have to grab us. There is a reason Sha-la-la said she would never come here. Because she won't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom