UConn AD preparing pitch... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn AD preparing pitch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So the AD for little ole UConn throws out the first pitch at a NEW YORK Mets game?

#6thborough

Apparently it was Penders throwing out the first pitch. That's what I get looking at the picture on my phone and it not having "subtitles" like on the CR board. Anyone know why Penders is throwing out the first pitch?

Reaction Score
That is still HUGE. To be recognized by a major league like that? Especially in the largest market in the country?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
When UConn won the National Championship, Kemba threw out a first pitch at Yankee Stadium in 2011 and Shabazz Napier threw out a first pitch at Fenway in 2014. Combined with the Sweet 16/Elite 8 takeover of MSG, there is no denying UConn's reach into 2 top 7 (I recall Boston dropping one spot) media markets.

In fact, On my drive from Preston to New Haven to catch the train for the '14 tourney, WEEI (who is infamous for downplaying college sports in favor of the pros) was railing against BC for letting Napier get away (The old Bob Lobel, "Why can't we get players like that?" deal). It started with Mike Mutnansky, UConn grad, and Lou Merloni (Incidentally, Providence College) and continued with Michael Holley doing the same thing. Jim Calhoun was a call-in guest that afternoon as well. They asked him about 1999, when he told the team he had no idea why Duke was favored because UConn was the better team. He also said he had no doubt that UConn was winning that night either. It was also the day that Calhoun also famously called Calipari a "bulls__ter."

Reaction Score
When the Coaches vote on expansion decisions, I'll start worrying about what they think.

This is what Chuck Cooperstein wrote about Big 12 expansion. He is projecting BYU, Houston, Cincy and Memphis. Memphis with a ?
These are the same teams that the B12 coaches favored. Hopefully he is right about the first three and they will take UCONN instead of Memphis.

Cooperstein: Your Big 12 for 2017 -- how many teams and which ones are coming | SportsDay

Chuck Cooperstein is an American sports radio personality based in Dallas, Texas.

Biography
Cooperstein currently works as a play-by-play announcer for Westwood One on college football (since 1995) and college basketball (since 1991) broadcasts, and is the radio voice of the Dallas Mavericks onESPN Dallas, where he can occasionally be heard on other programming. He was a substitute for Tom McCarthy, until 2015, during the NFL season when McCarthy was calling games for the Philadelphia Phillies. He is the host of NCAA Football Insider and has been recognized as a top announcer in the Dallas sports market.[1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom