UConn AD preparing pitch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Lets hope his arm isnt like Matt Harveys

Reaction Score
Trying to Play it cool...with wet wewe spots of excitement showing through his pants.

Reaction Score
I really hate the AD repeating the old Hathaway line "we'll expand the stadium when we consistently sell out the stadium."

We need to say we will expand the stadium now (like Rutgers did). Or we will expand as soon s we are accepted into a P5 conference.

If we just did it now, we could bring in some bigger names and have games when 50,000 people showed up. That would bring our average attendance up. You need the capacity for your bigger draws not for Maine.

Reaction Score
I really hate the AD repeating the old Hathaway line "we'll expand the stadium when we consistently sell out the stadium."

We need to say we will expand the stadium now (like Rutgers did). Or we will expand as soon s we are accepted into a P5 conference.

If we just did it now, we could bring in some bigger names and have games when 50,000 people showed up. That would bring our average attendance up. You need the capacity for your bigger draws not for Maine.
They don't own the stadium. Try arguing for and convince many people who don't give a crap to pony up for it in this economic climate.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They don't own the stadium. Try arguing for and convince many people who don't give a crap to pony up for it in this economic climate.
The people who make $$$ on concessions and parking?

Reaction Score
I had a dream. BIG 12 adds UConn +Cincy. Commissioner Bowlsby then steps up to the podium ( just like at NFL draft). We have a trade.B12 sends UConn to ACC in exchange for the Pitt Panthers. B12 now has a northern triangle of Pitt-WV-Cincy. All natural rivals. Better fit than UConn. The ACC has a northern triangle of UConn-BC-Syracuse. All natural rivals. They control the northeast, cutting off the B1G. Because Pitt was "traded", there is no exit fee. Both conferences + teams would be better off. Would Pitt ok the move? They just might. During the Big East break-up they inquired if there was any possibility of B12 adding them. How does this sound? Or am I just a guy with an imagination and too much free time ?

Reaction Score

David Benedict had better pitch the coaches. According to ESPN's Brett McMurphy and a recent recent poll, not one B12 coach voted for inclusion of UCONN! Hopefully having a North East/New York City presence trumps the coaches sentiments.

With Big 12 expansion looking like a certainty, ESPN’s Brett McMurphy polled the league’s 10 coaches to see which schools they’d like to see join the conference.

The coaches, polled anonymously, of course, were asked choose their “top two candidates among schools not currently in a Power 5 program.”

The voting ended up like this:

• BYU (5)
  • Houston (5)
  • Cincinnati (4)
  • Memphis (4)
  • Colorado State (1)
  • UCF (1)
The conference announced Tuesday that it has given commissioner Bob Bowlsby permission to evaluate candidates for expansion. Bowlsby told reporters that the league is open to adding two or even four new members. He said the league is factoring athletic department strength, fan base size, media market, reputation and academics among the qualifications for potential candidates.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I had a dream. BIG 12 adds UConn +Cincy. Commissioner Bowlsby then steps up to the podium ( just like at NFL draft). We have a trade.B12 sends UConn to ACC in exchange for the Pitt Panthers. B12 now has a northern triangle of Pitt-WV-Cincy. All natural rivals. Better fit than UConn. The ACC has a northern triangle of UConn-BC-Syracuse. All natural rivals. They control the northeast, cutting off the B1G. Because Pitt was "traded", there is no exit fee. Both conferences + teams would be better off. Would Pitt ok the move? They just might. During the Big East break-up they inquired if there was any possibility of B12 adding them. How does this sound? Or am I just a guy with an imagination and too much free time ?
This is crazy, it'll never happen, and yet...

Reaction Score
UConn needs to start selling its football pedigree. Two BE Championships. BCS Bowl appearance. 20 current NFL players. Numerous NFL draft picks. A couple of bad years should not define the trajectory of the program. Selling means putting a spotlight on your positives. Junk the humility. Stop apologizing. How many BCS games has Houston, Memphis or BYU played in?

Reaction Score
UConn needs to start selling its football pedigree. Two BE Championships. BCS Bowl appearance. 20 current NFL players. Numerous NFL draft picks. A couple of bad years should not define the trajectory of the program. Selling means putting a spotlight on your positives. Junk the humility. Stop apologizing. How many BCS games has Houston, Memphis or BYU played in?
BYU has won a national championship and has had a Heisman trophy winner..Houston a Heisman trophy winner..not downplaying UConn's football accomplishments what so ever because I have been to all of them in person (except last years bowl game when I didn't make the trip due to being in the hospital)..just saying be prepared to go head to head with those schools on that subject.

Reaction Score
BYU has won a national championship and has had a Heisman trophy winner..Houston a Heisman trophy winner..not downplaying UConn's football accomplishments what so ever because I have been to all of them in person (except last years bowl game when I didn't make the trip due to being in the hospital)..just saying be prepared to go head to head with those schools on that subject.

David Klingler and Andre Ware weren't that long ago ... were they?? Am I the only one that it feels recent for?? Don't even get me started with Tom Paciorek ...

Reaction Score
Yes, that is wonderful for those teams.

The point is that we need to trumpet the value of our football program. What we have done in a short time is remarkable and should be sold that way. Our recent BCS trip, two titles, multiple bowl games all since 2004. It's a heck of a lot more than most of our rivals, heck, it's more than most B10 or B12 teams.

Reaction Score

The point is that we need to trumpet the value of our football program. What we have done in a short time is remarkable and should be sold that way. Our recent BCS trip, two titles, multiple bowl games all since 2004. It's a heck of a lot more than most of our rivals, heck, it's more than most B10 or B12 teams.
I'm just telling you what you are gonna get in response. But then again since you are such a rabid and educated college football fan I figured you would have known the info I posted already.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

When I see things like this, I wonder - "Does he REALLY think that our administration never thought of this?"

Reaction Score
When I see things like this, I wonder - "Does he REALLY think that our administration never thought of this?"
Look at the source...he thinks Jerry Reese is a good NFL GM.

Reaction Score

Well genius Houston played in the Peach this past year and lumped FSU.

I just hope Benedict and Herbst read this board for all of Palatine's priceless recommendations.

Reaction Score
Well genius Houston played in the Peach this past year and lumped FSU.

I just hope Benedict and Herbst read this board for all of Palatine's priceless recommendations.
Was it a BCS bowl though? No, it wasn't. So keep your silly details to yourself.

Reaction Score
Was it a BCS bowl though? No, it wasn't. So keep your silly details to yourself.
You must have an axe to grind with Jimmy because no member of this board would actually back Pal up on this thread....except maybe Nelson..although that's highly doubtful because it says nothing about dropping football and going back to the BE.

Reaction Score
image.jpeg
Couldn't help myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members